PDA

View Full Version : Favourite TV show.

gazgolf1
15th November 2004, 08:11 PM
This has probably been done on the other forum but I thought I'd give it a go over here.
Well since I've started downloading shows off the net I've come to the conclusion that most Australian shows are garbage....I mean Stingers :smt078 give me a break.
Whats your favourite?

Flowergirl
15th November 2004, 08:19 PM
At the moment it's gotta be "Kath and Kim". It's nice, it's unusual - it's different.!!! At times my daughter and I stop and look at each other and we think " oh my god" we starting to sound like the Queens of Fountain Lakes"
Glenn Robbins is a hoot in everthing he does!

Jarro
15th November 2004, 08:44 PM
I don't watch ANY free-to-air telly, except for the news :roll:

.. does National Geographic channel count as a valid vote :?:

Ducky
15th November 2004, 09:39 PM
Definitely 'The Shield'.

:D

Kind regards,

Ben (Ducky).

Fishman Dan
15th November 2004, 09:47 PM
I'd say CNNNN, but you want shows that are still on? Saw Southpark tonight for the first time in ages - cracks me up.

Iain
15th November 2004, 09:49 PM
I like all of the Law and Orders, Criminal Intent a bit more that the others. The Simpsons, Frasier, Seinfeld.....

There's a few, but haven't sat and watched TV (apart from the cricket and Golf) for about 2 months.....

Iain

Eag's
15th November 2004, 10:09 PM
Don't mind a bit of CSI (both versions)
Frasier, Law & Order SVU, etc...

Don't watch much T.V. spend most of my time online :wink:
I would kill for pay T.V. just to tune into the sport :(

markTHEblake
15th November 2004, 11:15 PM
Get Smart, Married with Children, Cricket, Footy.

AndyP
16th November 2004, 12:21 AM
I only recently gave up the last show that I consistently watched on the TV: Six Feet Under. I realised I wasn't going to watch it anymore, when I had about 4 unwatched episodes on tape.

If sports on, there is a good chance that I will watch it.

My all time favourite show would have to be Seinfeld though.
When are Channel 10 going to stop showing 3 Simpsons episodes a day, and put Jerry back on?

cazandpaul
16th November 2004, 06:40 AM
CSI and CSI Miami
Cold Case
Crossing Jordan
No Going Back (Lifestyle Channel)
Golf every week on Fox and ESPN

amanda
16th November 2004, 08:15 AM
CSI & CSI: Miami
Strictly Dancing
Iron Chef

markTHEblake
16th November 2004, 10:21 AM
Favourite Show.....Mash....it's still on isn't it ?

Dont think so, otherwise i would have included it in my list.

favourite moment, opening scene, swamp is a disaster area.

Hawkeye: [waking up, obviously very hungover, trouble breathing, headache - whispers] Trapper, trapper ?
Trapper: [very startled] I am not saying anything until you stop screaming
Hawkeye: I need a doctor
Trapper : you are a doctor
Hawkeye: then I am the last thing i need.

Radar enters carrying coffee and breakfast. One of them recalls something about waking up Radar the night before.
Radar: Yes, you wanted to sacrifice a virgin
"did we?"
Radar: No i was too sleepy.

Fishman Dan
16th November 2004, 10:37 AM
Yep, chalk me up for M*A*S*H too. Classic show.

The only thing is it got very Hawkeye-centric in the later series once Alan Alda became the producer. There were the 3 or 4 "Dear Dad" episodes, but there was a definate change and a lot seemed to revolve around Hawkeye.

Bruce
16th November 2004, 11:42 AM
Picking solely from the "things I could watch this week if I wanted to" list:

Survivor - I am a big fan and even write about it.

New Simpsons Eps - where possible

Iron Chef

Junkyard Wars

Sport, Sport, Sport.

Kath & Kim - although last week's ep was the weakest I've seen in ages.

Little Britain - although it is League of Gentlemen lite

gazgolf1
16th November 2004, 12:23 PM
Yeah MASH is still my all time fave. 8)

X files was good in its day.

ER has its moments.

Will and Grace is very well written but is coming to the end of its lifecycle.

Rescue Me is a show we will probably never see in OZ but I've just finished watching the first season and it was very good.

Flowergirl
16th November 2004, 12:35 PM
CSI & CSI: Miami
Strictly Dancing
Iron Chef

Gotta admit I love Strictly Dancing - even though I have to put up with my husbands comments all the time. Gee - I had no idea that he was such an expert on everything INCLUDING ballroom dancing!! ( only joking - he's not that bad :wink: )

McMw
16th November 2004, 01:01 PM
anything golf related on telly here....
some music programs...
that's abt it...
rather be watching dvd...

markTHEblake
16th November 2004, 02:47 PM
Golf?

not if there is a Documentary on SBS on the survival habits of the Alaskan gnat.

amanda
16th November 2004, 03:27 PM
small threadjack - but did anyone see the 80s cricket doco that was on ABC last night? Very interesting - about how World Series Cricket changed everything - next part is on next Mon @ 9.30pm. I didn't realise that was how 1-day cricket came about (and the coloured uniforms).

Jarro
16th November 2004, 06:26 PM
i think the missus was watching an old M*A*S*H episode on Foxtel last night :smt017

truly a great show :smt023

markTHEblake
16th November 2004, 09:32 PM
i think the missus was watching an old M*A*S*H episode on Foxtel last night :smt017

Probably was on Fox Classics , i dont get that channel.

Its often hard these days to find a show that you can watch with the kids these days. Too much VSL on adult shows, and the kids shows are complete crap.

Discovered an interesting diversion from modern TV - Jerry Lewis movies. Funny as hell and no dirty stuff, the kids love him and he is still the funniest man - ever. Ok, call it a dead heat with Robin Williams.

Deano
16th November 2004, 09:56 PM
"The only thing is it got very Hawkeye-centric in the later series once Alan Alda became the producer. There were the 3 or 4 "Dear Dad" episodes, but there was a definate change and a lot seemed to revolve around Hawkeye.

Hmmmm well picked up.Tonights episode on Fox8 was written and directed by "BJ".Whole episode revolved around him. :roll:

Deano

goughy
16th November 2004, 10:06 PM
I hate to say it but I'm a bit of a trekkie, and I even converted clikchic. Got her into voyager, then next generation. It was hard work with the originals. Never got into deep space nine; who ever heard of a star trek where the ship don't go nowhere.

Currently it's rove, panel, idol :oops: , survivor :oops: :oops: , the movie show (when pomeranz and strathairn were hosting), and clikchic and I are major major stargate fans.

By fluke she became friends with this guy (I know what you're all thinking [-X ) who turned out to be one of the three editors on the stargate series, and now the spin-off series Stargate Atlantis. When he and his wife visited us (they are Canadians, notice the capitol 'C' for you Speirsey) they broughts me an official Stargate golf tournament golf towel, which I treasure. Hmmm, I wonder where it is.

gazgolf1
16th November 2004, 10:15 PM
I hate to say it but I'm a bit of a trekkie, and I even converted clikchic. Got her into voyager, then next generation. It was hard work with the originals. Never got into deep space nine; who ever heard of a star trek where the ship don't go nowhere.

Dean,
Have you seen any of the latest Trek Show "Enterprise"?
Its into its 4th season in the US and really struggling.Its set before Kirk and Spock and has possibilties but needs some new writers and ideas,I think channel 9 has picked up the 3rd season but they will probably put it on at 11.30pm. :roll:
I also watched the first few eps of Stargate Atlantis but could'nt get into it. :?

drunken
16th November 2004, 10:17 PM
mmmm stargate, great show.

I missed pretty much most of it. I've only seen the last couple of series. I may have to get downloading I guess.

goughy
16th November 2004, 10:25 PM

Dean,
Its into its 4th season in the US and really struggling.Its set before Kirk and Spock and has possibilties but needs some new writers and ideas,I think channel 9 has picked up the 3rd season but they will probably put it on at 11.30pm. :roll:
I also watched the first few eps of Stargate Atlantis but could'nt get into it. :?

When did you see atlantis. I've known about it for a year or so now but never seen it.

We started watching enterprise when it first showed (don't mind scott bacula (whatever his name is), but more than anything the opening theme killed me.

AndyP
17th November 2004, 09:37 AM
clikchic and I are major major stargate fans.
Richard Dean Anderson will always be MacGyver for me. Ahhh, yes I can here the theme tune in my head now.

Loved this show when I was younger. Saw an episode a couple of years ago, seemed really lame. :roll:

Noone has mentioned Home and Away yet. :?

gazgolf1
17th November 2004, 09:54 AM

Dean,

When did you see atlantis. I've known about it for a year or so now but never seen it.

Downloaded the first 3 eps when the show debuted on US TV.
Forgot to mention there is a new series of Battlestar Galactica out in the UK and its really good.
Yeah Yeah I'm a sci-fi nerd. :oops:

Lagerlover
3rd June 2013, 10:54 PM
ABC2 Ali doco on now...

virge666
4th June 2013, 10:14 AM
So - Game of Thrones... the Red Wedding.

Did we all Enjoy that ?

kingslayer33
4th June 2013, 10:16 AM

Did we all Enjoy that ?

I wonder how much that shocked people who hadn't read the books. I know that one of my mate's wife has now gone off the show completely. Reckons she will not watch it anymore. He reckons she will still tune in next week though :)

Eag's
4th June 2013, 10:21 AM

Did we all Enjoy that ?

I certainly wasn't expecting that :shock:

Waddzy
4th June 2013, 10:22 AM
Haven't read the books and was shocked.. Bit like the whole Ned stark thing , really didn't see it coming. Safe to say I've ordered the first book today and plan on being caught up by season 4 release now.

Waddzy
4th June 2013, 10:23 AM
I don't know how they will back it up with the season 3 Finale next week but.. I thought that would of been a pretty full on way to end the series.

3Puttpete
4th June 2013, 10:43 AM
Just you wait and see Waddzy.

FWIW, that's not exactly how the wedding happened in the books but I'm not sure yet if it will matter later on.

Waddzy
4th June 2013, 10:49 AM
Just you wait and see Waddzy.

FWIW, that's not exactly how the wedding happened in the books but I'm not sure yet if it will matter later on. A few people at work mentioned the wedding played out differently but there has also been a few other things that didn't need to be shown but they did too? I'm sure ill catch up pretty fast with the books..

virge666
4th June 2013, 10:54 AM
I am halfway through Book 1, which is all the glorious exposition on the Stark Family... then this happened in the show.

Just harrowing.

goughy
4th June 2013, 11:12 AM
Speaking of red, True Blood restarts in about a week.

Courty
4th June 2013, 11:53 AM
I wonder how much that shocked people who hadn't read the books. I know that one of my mate's wife has now gone off the show completely. Reckons she will not watch it anymore. He reckons she will still tune in next week though :) I'm midway through A Feast For Crows, so I knew it was coming. My wife watches it with me, but hasn't read the books. Her jaw hit the floor as it all unfolded. After the episode finished she couldn't stop asking questions about what happens next!

AndyP
4th June 2013, 12:00 PM
I haven't watched the episode yet, because the wife watches The Voice, Packed to the Rafters and Offspring, which means I have to wait until Thursday. It pisses me off.

virge666
4th June 2013, 12:31 PM
I haven't watched the episode yet, because the wife watches The Voice, Packed to the Rafters and Offspring, which means I have to wait until Thursday. It pisses me off.

Man up Ladybug.

:)

AndyP
4th June 2013, 12:34 PM
I wished her good luck in avoiding spoilers over the next couple of days.

Yossarian
4th June 2013, 12:42 PM
I am halfway through Book 1, which is all the glorious exposition on the Stark Family... then this happened in the show.

Just harrowing.

You know it isn't real right?

Muscles
4th June 2013, 03:53 PM
Loved it! Have read the books, and was still shocked by the visual of it. Just brilliant!!

Next week is going to be just as awesome!!!!

virge666
4th June 2013, 04:39 PM
You know it isn't real right?

My emotions are real . . . and words can hurt too.

gazgolf1
4th June 2013, 04:48 PM
Virge is in here somewhere.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78juOpTM3tE

PeteyD
4th June 2013, 04:50 PM
I have only watched the first season. Must find some TV time to catch up.

Eldrick
4th June 2013, 04:53 PM
It was massive, since the Ned stark thing I have always been looking for that whoa moment. And thought that I had it when she figured Roose was wearing........ But wow I did not think it would play out to that extent.

AndyP
4th June 2013, 04:57 PM
Guys, we have spoiler tags, if you think it is appropriate to use them.

I think the show deserves its own thread . I don't know why every show is discussed in one thread.

AndyP
4th June 2013, 09:23 PM
And silence for the credits so you can stew on it. That was awesome.

I watched it without the wife, so I now know when to look for her reaction.

Eag's
4th June 2013, 09:42 PM
Gaz, some of those reactions on Youtube are piss funny :lol:

markTHEblake
4th June 2013, 10:01 PM
I thought it was a dead giveaway that something was going to go down, that whole incestuous famiy looked untrustable.

Muscles
5th June 2013, 03:27 AM
I thought it was a dead giveaway that something was going to go down, that whole incestuous famiy looked untrustable.

The Freys? Oh god yes they are nearly as bad as the Greyjoys.

Yep, when Caitlyn sees the band are all burly soldier types, then the dude goes and locks the door.... goosebump city!!

goughy
5th June 2013, 05:46 AM

Was Virge the third one?

I love, I think it was the fourth one, where the two girls to the left are shocked, but the one in the middle just sits looking blank, and I think holding back a smile!

AndyP
5th June 2013, 07:18 AM
Just wait for the Tyrion/Sansa death scene.

mike
5th June 2013, 07:43 AM
wtf andy thanks for the spoiler ffs

AndyP
5th June 2013, 07:53 AM
Lolz. Seemed okay for the posters above a few hours after it aired.

virge666
5th June 2013, 08:41 AM
Lolz. Seemed okay for the posters above a few hours after it aired.

You will note the word "after".

AndyP
5th June 2013, 08:45 AM
After a book is published?

Not that my post is necessarily true.

virge666
5th June 2013, 08:48 AM
After a book is published?

Not that my post is necessarily true.

You get to meet Alayne . . .

markTHEblake
5th June 2013, 09:36 AM
Tyrion is hard to take seriously when he is being serious. . I keep imagining him being loaded into a cannon and shot over the wall.

But he was sensational when Drunk. Need to get him on the turps more.

Daves
5th June 2013, 09:54 AM
Tyrion is hard to take seriously when he is being serious. . I keep imagining him being loaded into a cannon and shot over the wall.

But he was sensational when Drunk. Need to get him on the turps more.

I can't get the image of his character in Death at Funeral out of my head, whenever I see him (Dinklage) in something.

kingslayer33
5th June 2013, 09:57 AM
Just wait for the Tyrion/Sansa death scene.

Everyone will no doubt be sad to see Daenerys get killed too Andy.

virge666
5th June 2013, 09:59 AM
Everyone will no doubt be sad to see Daenerys get killed too Andy.

Her rape scene will be awesome.

3Puttpete
5th June 2013, 10:02 AM
I can't wait to see the unicorns with lasers shooting out of their eyes

Daves
5th June 2013, 10:04 AM
I can't wait to see the unicorns with lasers shooting out of their eyes

That's Harry Potter, Fool!;)

3Puttpete
5th June 2013, 10:09 AM
Oh! I am confuse

AndyP
5th June 2013, 10:16 AM
The sodomising of Bran by the giants north of The Wall will be disturbing to see.

AndyP
5th June 2013, 10:50 AM
Here's a wiki site that is good for reminding yourself what's to come in this series and the next.

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Chapters

The TV series is over halfway through Storm of Swords.

AndyP
5th June 2013, 11:11 AM
http://rack.0.mshcdn.com/media/ZgkyMDEzLzA2LzAzL2IxL3A3Sk42akguMGVjNGYuZ2lmCnAJdG h1bWIJNTc1eDQwOTY-/e938ca13/386/p7JN6jH.gif

Other angry reactions here:
http://mashable.com/2013/06/03/red-wedding-game-of-thrones/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter

Muscles
6th June 2013, 10:26 AM
You will note the word "after".

Yup, agreed.

And I dont understand the gripe with killing main characters off, just because the Starcs were cast on screen as our first affections with the show, doesnt mean they cant be killed off!! The writer studied medievel history and is probably close to how things were back in the day... After all, they are all jhust characters of a very compelling television show that has created debate worldwide.

It is about the rise and fall of the great families, the Starcs just happen to be one of the unlucky ones.

Nice guys finish last dont they say??

markTHEblake
6th June 2013, 01:33 PM
I haven't read the books so I could be way off the mark, but seems obvious the main story arc will be Daenarys v. Whoever is in charge when she gets there. So at least we can be certain that she won't be killed off until then otherwise there is no point to her storyline. As it stands at the moment she is one of the good guys so there isn't much of a story in her fighting another good guy for the crown. So Rob had to go, at least in part makes way for Bran who must be getting setup as a big player later. Would love to see the new boyfriend Fabio put Joffrey's head on a stick but my guess is he won't be lasting that long and one of those other peanuts like Stannis will be on the throne by then.

mike
6th June 2013, 02:08 PM
This is my last viewing of this thread for fear of not wanting to read any spoilers you pack of wankers, but I'm backing Daenery to end up on the throne. She's building quite an army and those dragons are gonna create some serious havoc. Besides if they killed off the Khaleesi I reckon 90% of male viewers would switch off.

see ya

mike
6th June 2013, 02:09 PM
And that bath scene should win her an Emmy.

AndyP
6th June 2013, 03:04 PM
You know nothing, Jon Snow.

virge666
6th June 2013, 03:46 PM

he knows about Cunnilingus . . .

:)

Eldrick
6th June 2013, 04:50 PM

http://24.media.tumblr.com/6e9b99656211923a1e96cba88f01e8d9/tumblr_ml2muoM8Wp1qzmowao1_500.jpg

virge666
7th June 2013, 08:21 AM
I would love to see the red wedding re-inacted with cats !

Muscles
7th June 2013, 08:40 AM
I haven't read the books so I could be way off the mark, but seems obvious the main story arc will be Daenarys v. Whoever is in charge when she gets there. So at least we can be certain that she won't be killed off until then otherwise there is no point to her storyline. As it stands at the moment she is one of the good guys so there isn't much of a story in her fighting another good guy for the crown. So Rob had to go, at least in part makes way for Bran who must be getting setup as a big player later. Would love to see the new boyfriend Fabio put Joffrey's head on a stick but my guess is he won't be lasting that long and one of those other peanuts like Stannis will be on the throne by then.

Never try to guess what G.R.R Martin will do next.....

AndyP
7th June 2013, 08:43 AM
Never try to guess what G.R.R Martin will do next.....
Die from a heart attack?

goughy
7th June 2013, 09:36 AM
I would love to see the red wedding re-inacted with cats !

Andylo's probably already done it!

virge666
7th June 2013, 10:58 AM

Eag's
7th June 2013, 12:03 PM
Nice Virge :)

markTHEblake
7th June 2013, 01:07 PM
When the two inbreds visited Rob Stark to negotiate terms of their alliance, the show made a big thing out of noticing that one of them had a limp as they left. What was the significance of that?

AndyP
7th June 2013, 02:19 PM
Why do you keep referring to them as inbred? Walter Frey is just a stud who has his pick of women.

markTHEblake
7th June 2013, 04:09 PM
Because they all look the same.

If Wally picks out the best ones, what did the ugly ones look like?

Muscles
7th June 2013, 05:00 PM
Die from a heart attack?

Lol, touche

gazgolf1
7th June 2013, 05:28 PM
Get over it, Arya has

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQaERd-L3IM

Muscles
7th June 2013, 11:17 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78juOpTM3tE

Is he the dude at 5:20?

AndyP
8th June 2013, 12:01 PM
For mike.
http://teamcoco.com/video/george-rr-martin-game-of-thrones-spoilers

Bruce
9th June 2013, 04:13 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/c206fe0140d28980a056fa168cf64195/tumblr_mnv8pwjCK61rg7tjjo1_500.png

PeteyD
9th June 2013, 06:46 PM
Can't believe these people don't read the books first!

3Puttpete
9th June 2013, 07:00 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/c206fe0140d28980a056fa168cf64195/tumblr_mnv8pwjCK61rg7tjjo1_500.png

Where's the after photo?

kingslayer33
14th June 2013, 10:14 PM
5 episode series with Scully from the X-Files as the main character. Set in Belfast. Called "The Fall".

Bloody good show.

mike
21st June 2013, 07:07 PM
I actually watched this for a couple of minutes. Sad.

http://www.daystillgameofthrones.com/

Outcast
21st June 2013, 07:34 PM
Personally, I can't wait for the next friggin book.....

At least the series is reasonably faithful to the books...

mike
21st June 2013, 07:42 PM
I'm half way through book 1. Great read. Tyrion's character is fantastic, more so in the book.

gazgolf1
21st June 2013, 08:25 PM
Check out http://www.sho.com/sho/ray-donovan/home

Outcast
21st June 2013, 09:53 PM
Tyrion's character is fantastic

This is not surprising from you really is it??

Do you feel a certain affinity with Tyrion perchance?:mrgreen:

mike
21st June 2013, 09:58 PM
oh that is hilarious ...

mike
21st June 2013, 09:59 PM
fwiw, my favourite character is Danaerys.

mike
21st June 2013, 10:01 PM
Mother of dragons and smmmmokin' hot.

Eag's
22nd June 2013, 04:07 AM
Check out http://www.sho.com/sho/ray-donovan/home

Nice call once again Gaz, just watched the first episode and loved it :smt023

Courty
22nd June 2013, 04:20 PM
Top Gear UK is back on the 30th of June.

gazgolf1
22nd June 2013, 04:36 PM
Nice call once again Gaz, just watched the first episode and loved it :smt023

Yes mate it seems to have potential.

mrbluu
2nd June 2014, 11:10 PM
For those who like Game of Thrones, South Park did parody about it in Season 17.....very funny!!

FuzzyJuzzy
4th June 2014, 11:15 AM
In no particular order:
Dexter
How I Met Your Mother
Scrubs
The Wire
New Girl
The Sopranos (probs my fave of all-time)
Seinfeld
Friends
Breaking Bad
Modern Family
Criminal Minds (original series)
NCIS
Homeland
Mad Men

If I had to narrow it down to my TOP FOUR OF ALL TIME, it'd be Dexter, HIMYM, Scrubs and The Sopranos.

There's soooooooooooooo many awesome TV shows out these days that inevitably some slip through the cracks. We've not even finished Breaking Bad yet. Haven't had a chance to get into Game of Thrones. I've been meaning to check out Arrested Development, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, and Entourage for a while now, but haven't got around to it.