PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going to the Australian Open?

Speirsy11
15th November 2004, 05:52 PM
Hi

Is anyone going to go to the Aussie Open at the Australian? I'm thinking about going, probably just for a practice round but am hoping that someone else is going, maybe hook up and hangout....

Anyone?

Speirsy11

Fishman Dan
15th November 2004, 08:43 PM
I'm keen. I picked up tickets to the NSW Open at the clubhouse on the weekend, so i'm going for a walk around Liverpool, but pretty keen to get out at the Aussie Open as well.

I'm dragging the wife to the NSW Open (she might enjoy it), but i doubt she'll come the following weekend.

marcel
16th November 2004, 12:51 PM
arnie and Peter Thomson are playing an exhibition wed arvo, should be worth a look.

Trung
16th November 2004, 01:00 PM
I'm keen. I picked up tickets to the NSW Open at the clubhouse on the weekend, so i'm going for a walk around Liverpool, but pretty keen to get out at the Aussie Open as well.

I'm dragging the wife to the NSW Open (she might enjoy it), but i doubt she'll come the following weekend.

I heard that the NSW Open is free for all. (The Golfer Magazine)

Fishman Dan
16th November 2004, 01:10 PM
"Free for all" - does that mean scratching, kicking, biting etc is allowed?

I was thinking of going regardless, i tickets that said 'Free' so that helped my decision. I guess it was a Win/Win.

I also get a chance to win $3k worth of MaxFli gear too apparently ;)

Golfgirl
17th November 2004, 10:23 AM
Might go for a look, but will need some advice from Sydney-siders....

Where will I park the car?? :?

Matt reckons that it will be just as easy to drive to Eastlake and leave the car with him and take a taxi to the Australian..... :?

I wouldn't have a clue - I am still driving around Sydney with a refidex in one hand and a confused look on my face.... :oops: :lol:

marcel
17th November 2004, 10:31 AM
Jodie,
directions on the following website;

http://www.australianopengolf.com/Content.aspx?ID=41

parking at Eastlakes is probably just as easy, although I'm not sure how you access it from there. The entrance to The Australian is an overpass. There are two that go over Southern Cross Dve (the 4 lane Rd), one is Gardeners Rd that runs past Eastlakes, the other on is the Australian entrance.

I'm playing with Andrew at Eastlakes on Wed Morning (hoping he's made a booking) and plan to go after that if that helps

Fishman Dan
17th November 2004, 10:33 AM
Don't know where the Australian entrance is, but i know that area reasonably well. Parking at Eastlakes could be the go and a taxi drop-off. Otherwise i used to work at the other end of Gardeners Rd, plenty of parking there, but it adds $5 to the fare.

Golfgirl
17th November 2004, 10:44 AM
I'm playing with Andrew at Eastlakes on Wed Morning (hoping he's made a booking) and plan to go after that if that helps

Well, then I'll check with the boss what his plans are (he always plays Wednesday himself), and maybe I will hook up with you guys.... :D

I'll get back to you....

marcel
18th November 2004, 05:49 AM
We're playing at 7.48

Golfgirl
26th November 2004, 07:57 AM
Not sure if anyone else made it to the Aust Open on Wednesday, but Marcel and I were there for the exhibition match...

It was great seeing Arnold Palmer play - he is still a strong golfer, 75 yo - kooky swing and all.... very inspiring.

I spent the first half of the day walking with Chris Downes while he had his final practice round. He was playing with Andrew Buckle and Camillo Villegas.... nice lads and we all had a lot of fun clowning around together.

Unfortunately, I went out yesterday and Downsie has had a shocker - +8 and will probably not make the cut. Camillo on the other hand shot -2 and is well in contention. I caught up with him after his round and he was really happy with how he was going (and Mitchell was really happy because Camillo let him onto the chipping green where he had been dying to muck around.... :roll: - 3yo's can get away with anything.)

Another mate of mine - Chris Massie - qualified on Monday at The Lakes and then proceeded to have a bit of a meltdown yesterday.... I won't discuss it any further - it was painful to watch, poor bastard.... :(

Matt and I bumped into tons of other golfers that we know - most of them wanted to know why Matt was on the other side of the ropes - looks like I might have to try and encourage him to have a crack at it next year.... If I could just convince him to go and practice some more.... :?

Anyway - catching up on some housework this am before going back out - could be a big night tonight though as we'll be having drinks with whichever of our mates don't make the cut :shock: :wink:

Fishman Dan
26th November 2004, 08:07 AM
I'm looking to go on Sunday at this stage. This could all change however due to the complexity of getting a start at Fox Hills on a Saturday these days :roll:

Anyone else have plans of heading out there Sunday?