PDA

View Full Version : Balls - eBay

Fishman Dan
15th November 2004, 09:54 AM
I know a few of you buy balls from eBay. How many (per dozen? Per 20) have received that are poor quality, i.e. you wouldn't use it during a round? I know they say 'Great' or 'AAA+' etc, but do they tend to chuck in 1 or 2 that the dog has chewed up?

CobraSS
15th November 2004, 01:17 PM
I buy the AAA premium golf balls off Squizzysgolfballs, and have never had a single bad one amongst almost 8-9 dozen so far that I have bought off him.

Buy off him, you won't get stuffed around.

drunken
15th November 2004, 02:51 PM
Another vote for Squizzysgolfballs.

No bad ones out of 10 dozen now. Also ask him to add you to his weekly mailing list. Has some very good deals on new ProV1's etc.

Fishman Dan
15th November 2004, 02:55 PM
Thanks guys, i'll check it out.

Jarro
15th November 2004, 03:32 PM
.. another vote for Squizzysgolfballs here 8)

what are you looking at getting Fishy :?:

Fishman Dan
15th November 2004, 03:46 PM
.. another vote for Squizzysgolfballs here 8)

what are you looking at getting Fishy :?:

I found a couple of Pro V's around my course recently and found them good to play with - for the same price as a cheap box of balls, if the quality is as good (better probably) than the ones i've found then it's better way to play.

Jarro
15th November 2004, 03:54 PM
i think Squizzy has those on special for around $28 per doz. for "AA" condition balls.

.. for that price, can't hurt to try 'em out 8)

drunken
15th November 2004, 04:18 PM
AAA ProV1's are $50 a dozen at the moment.

These balls are pretty good. No visible marks & the occasional faded player marking. Good balls. I haven't had a dud AAA ball from him.

Jono
15th November 2004, 06:54 PM
I bought some BRAND NEW Strata Tour Ace balls from that guy for about 65% of the retail price once. He's great to deal with.

However, I've come to the realization that I'm not good enough (yet :lol: ) to play $8 balls. It stresses me out too much when I have water carry or OB right ... I am currently playing the Wilson Staff Smartcore Spin Distance balls which cost about $4 each and perform pretty well. It doesn't suck back like some of the premium spin balls, but it performs consistently with good control around the greens. A friend of mine who plays to (probably better than) his handicap of 9 has recently fallen in love with the Maxfli Noodle ball. I think this ball is also priced around $4 each.

clikchic
15th November 2004, 07:25 PM
I've bought the precept u-tri tours from a-mart for $59 a dov. I'm not noticing much difference between it and the pro-v1 (for me) except in the price. Now that I can't get the v1's from anywhere but pro shops there price has gone through the roof.

If you want a cheaper performance ball try the u-tri extra spin. If it wasn't for the fact that the u-tri tour was only $10 more I'd have been using them. But for the extra $10 I'd go the tours.

Bugger. Rob was logged in instead of me.

Iain
15th November 2004, 08:15 PM
Fishy,
I recently bought 2 dozen of the AA grade Prov1x balls from Squizzy's, and I took the best dozen down to the Champs, and some of the guys will tell you, the ones I took down look brand new, not a mark on any of them. And the ones I left at home only really had pen markings on them.

I find it's the best way to go for me, as I'm not spending $8 per ball, but I'm still able to use the best ball on the market that are basically new for less than say the new Utri Tour's, or other similar balls.

Iain

drunken
15th November 2004, 08:29 PM
AA grade Prov1x balls from Squizzy's

I think he also calls balls in this condition Grade 1 & B Grade...Can get confusing at times....

Iain
15th November 2004, 08:39 PM
I think he also calls balls in this condition Grade 1 & B Grade...Can get confusing at times....
Ok, I've never seen him use Grade 1 & B?? One of his emails I just looked at had either, AA or AAA? Or sometimes Practice.

Fishman Dan
15th November 2004, 08:53 PM
Well, it's all go-go-go then. I'll have to look into it for next weekend, St Michael's and the Coast sound like there's a lot of water around ;)

Jono - if you're scared of losing a new pill, get MaxFli XS Tour/Distance. They really are a long ball, and for $3.50 or less you cannot go wrong.

We were putting on the 14th at Fox (for those who know it) - 330 odd metres, shorter if you take on the pine trees. A ball landed 15 metres from teh green off the tee - i had a look, it was a MaxFli XS Tour :shock:

drunken
16th November 2004, 08:53 AM
Just spoke to Aaron (Squizzy). He gave me prices on individual balls, so you mix & match to test them all out 8)

These prices are for his AAA Premium balls, always in mint condition.

pro v1 $4
pro v1 x $4
hogan $3.50
strata tour ace $3
strata tour ultimate plus $4
precept u-tri $2
callaway hx tour black $4
callaway hx red $3
callaway ctu 30 $2.50
maxfli m3 $3
maxfli a10 $3
nike one $4
nike ta2/spin $3
nike ta2/lng $3
nike tour accuracy $2.50

The only ball I've played out of that lot is the Maxfli M3. I may ahve to buy a few of each & see how they go :roll:

AndyP
16th November 2004, 09:35 AM
Just spoke to Aaron (Squizzy). He gave me prices on individual balls, so you mix & match to test them all out 8)

No Laddies? :?

drunken
16th November 2004, 09:43 AM
Yeah if you asked for them he'd have them.

I just asked for the higher end balls as I haven't ever played any I thought I might give a few of them a whirl.

BrisVegas
16th November 2004, 09:48 AM
$2 per ball for Precept U-Tri is cheap. :shock:

Would they be the U-Tri tours?? What's shipping gonna cost? I''ll buy 50 at that price! :lol:

Jarro
16th November 2004, 02:00 PM
I just received an email from Squizzy's with a great new deal he has going :D

if anyone wants me to forward it to them, just let me know 8)

drunken
16th November 2004, 02:48 PM
Guys here is this weeks mailing list from him....

http://www.users.on.net/~ruthnmalcolm/Squizzy.doc

Some pretty damn good prices in there :shock:

Hey Fishy you can get 60 Maxfli XS Distance for $27 :wink:

amanda
16th November 2004, 03:00 PM
Drunken - thanks - those are great prices! Brad and I will be buying some.

Jarro
16th November 2004, 03:10 PM
i'll be getting some as well 8)

.. might see if some of the other brissy boys wanna go in on some with me, save a bit of money that way :wink:

AndyP
16th November 2004, 03:34 PM

.. might see if some of the other brissy boys wanna go in on some with me, save a bit of money that way :wink:
Jarro, I thought you still had to assess what ball was right for your game. :?

BrisVegas
16th November 2004, 03:41 PM
What are the NXT Tours like??

I don't need anything too fancy. I just want something "middle of the road" that will last 18 holes and stay fairly round... I've been fairly happy with Precept Laddie's and U-Tri Tours etc..

drunken
16th November 2004, 03:53 PM
NXT Tours are good. As long as a ProV1, but doesn't spin as much on short iron shots or around the green.

Jarro
16th November 2004, 04:38 PM

Jarro, I thought you still had to assess what ball was right for your game. :?

I've had some good results with the ProV1X's and the Precept utri-Tours.

probably looking at getting some more of those i suppose :roll:

Ferrins
25th October 2012, 07:34 AM
Anyone have a favourite supplier?

sol381
25th October 2012, 05:30 PM
Mate i get all my balls from a guy on ebay called greenblugolf.. he`s based in brisbane.. i think you can even got see him and choose your own balls.. heres and example of the balls i get for myself and a couple of mates.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/50-Titleist-Pro-V1-NEAR-MINT-Grade-10-FREE-Tees-/320917863548?pt=AU_GolfBalls&hash=item4ab831fc7c#ht_1595wt_1413

the last 2 batches i got youd swear they came right out of the box.. maybe hit once or twice.. great balls.

Ferrins
25th October 2012, 05:38 PM
I had seen that guy and thought he looked the go, cheers for that.

timah!
25th October 2012, 07:15 PM
+1 for greenbluegolf.

Peppas
25th October 2012, 07:23 PM
+1 for greenbluegolf.

WHat's B grade like from them? Or stick to AAA and above?

Ferrins
25th October 2012, 07:28 PM
Less than 2 bills for the Pro V1's is a good deal.

timah!
25th October 2012, 07:47 PM
No idea pep. I'd say they be the same as most other B grade pills.

Peppas
25th October 2012, 08:13 PM
No idea pep. I'd say they be the same as most other B grade pills.

I've found some B grade that would be pretty decent but others that I would consider one hitters :) I try and stick to AAA or better these days but would still grab B grade if I knew it was decent :)

sol381
26th October 2012, 06:51 AM
i prefer to buy AA or AAA... B grade tend to have logos on them and are lightly scuffed...not worth it. Balls are cheap enough stick to A grade.

Captain Nemo
29th October 2012, 09:19 AM
Squizzy has AA for $5/DOZ
Great price to restock your shag bags.....

Lagerlover
29th October 2012, 11:18 AM
This ladies quite good. Based at Canungra..

http://myworld.ebay.com.au/mintconditiongolfballs/?_trksid=p4340.l2559

oncewasagolfer
29th October 2012, 11:25 AM
Squizzy has AA for $5/DOZGreat price to restock your shag bags..... Yep ordered some nxt tours earlier.

Ferrins
29th October 2012, 02:50 PM
Squizzy has AA for $5/DOZ
Great price to restock your shag bags.....

Callaway Tour iz could be the go for my old man.

aym
29th October 2012, 04:54 PM
Ordered 8 dozen Nike one tours... Hope they are ok, what are they eqivelent to?

Ferrins
30th October 2013, 12:48 PM
Mate i get all my balls from a guy on ebay called greenblugolf.. he`s based in brisbane.. i think you can even got see him and choose your own balls.. heres and example of the balls i get for myself and a couple of mates. http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/50-Titleist-Pro-V1-NEAR-MINT-Grade-10-FREE-Tees-/320917863548?pt=AU_GolfBalls&hash=item4ab831fc7c#ht_1595wt_1413the last 2 batches i got youd swear they came right out of the box.. maybe hit once or twice.. great balls.Just ordered 50 A grade Pro V1x

Shane788
30th October 2013, 04:39 PM
Look on gumtree there's heaps of good buys on there, I found a guy on the sunny coast selling pro v1s for 50cents a ball.
I emailed him and ask for how ever many mint grade pro v1s he could get and he got back to me with 80 so I took the lot for $48 posted.
I received them and out of 80 there were only 4 I wouldn't use as they had other people's markings on them, best buy I've ever had.

Brissygolfer
30th October 2013, 05:23 PM
May be a silly question but with the higher end balls do they have a best before type date (not exact obviously) where they start to deteriorate?

ozbrother
31st October 2013, 09:04 PM
Was wondering the same thing.

Some of the Pro V1x I got from greenblurgolf were obviously older models. Still near mint and certainly good enough for me.

Ferrins
1st November 2013, 05:03 AM
No matter how bad or old the Pro V is it will still out perform me.

Hatchman
1st November 2013, 05:01 PM
No matter how bad or old the Pro V is it will still out perform me.

True dat for most of us.