PDA

View Full Version : Cairns Golfing Trip

Craig_Syd
21st July 2008, 12:59 PM
Hi All,

I am going to Cairns in two weeks for a golf trip with some mates. We are playing at:

cairns golf course
half moon bay
paradise palms

Are there any good courses in the region I am missing say up in Port Douglas?

Courty
21st July 2008, 05:25 PM
Definitely play a game at the Sea Temple course (formerly known as The Links). Sea Temple & Paradise Palms are the only Top 100 courses in the area. I played at Paradise Palms a few weeks ago and it was in reasonable nick (even though the course is being partially renovated).
Don't waste your time with the course at the Mirage resort. Over-priced and very poorly conditioned.

haysey
21st July 2008, 05:27 PM
Hi All,

I am going to Cairns in two weeks for a golf trip with some mates. We are playing at:

cairns golf course
half moon bay
paradise palms

Are there any good courses in the region I am missing say up in Port Douglas?

Links and Sheraton Mirage in Port Douglas. (Although I'd skip the Mirage)

Mossman, Mareeba and Atherton a little further away

haysey
21st July 2008, 05:28 PM
Definitely play a game at the Sea Temple course (formerly known as The Links). Sea Temple & Paradise Palms are the only Top 100 courses in the area. I played at Paradise Palms a few weeks ago and it was in reasonable nick (even though the course is being partially renovated).
Don't waste your time with the course at the Mirage resort. Over-priced and very poorly conditioned.

Damn it, beaten to it:lol:

Courty
21st July 2008, 05:30 PM
Mossman, Mareeba and Atherton a little further away

Mossman is only 10-15 mins from Port Douglas, and although I've never played there, from all accounts it is a nice course.

haysey
21st July 2008, 05:35 PM
Mossman is only 10-15 mins from Port Douglas, and although I've never played there, from all accounts it is a nice course.

Yep, haven't played there either and have heard the same myself.

mike
21st July 2008, 10:29 PM
Yep, Mossman is a ripper of a course. Always in great nick. Has it's own "hell corner". (14,15,16)

Julie
22nd July 2008, 06:03 AM
Yep, Mossman is a ripper of a course. Always in great nick. Has it's own "hell corner". (14,15,16)

Us members at Mossman like to call 14,15,16, "Amen Corner".:lol:

For a further 15 minute drive you will only pay a quarter of the price to play at Mossman, rather then Sea Temple.

Their is a Sea Temple employee on the board here, who might be able to wrangle you a deal.:roll:

Craig_Syd
22nd July 2008, 10:03 AM
Thanks for all the great info folks, I'll be booking in at Sea Temple for Monday Aug 11...... Cheers... p.s.. A couple of Augusta National Golf Club pencils will be in my bag for a nice deal..... :lol:

mike
22nd July 2008, 12:19 PM
Us members at Mossman like to call 14,15,16, "Amen Corner".:lol:

Amen Corner. That's what I meant.

If I can get through those 3 holes in less than 8 over par, I'm having a good day.

markTHEblake
22nd July 2008, 06:04 PM
Isnt the Cairns Open on shortly? that should be good for a Cairns trip.

haysey
22nd July 2008, 06:14 PM
Isnt the Cairns Open on shortly? that should be good for a Cairns trip.

Cairns Classic is 8th, 9th and 10th of august

Julie
22nd July 2008, 06:23 PM
I played at Cairns for the first time last week with a few Cairns girls (one being Dawn, she has just taken golf up in the last few years, but has worked at the Cairns Golf Club for years..she also owns her own buggy, and likes to have a full, ice cold esky for 18 holes:D).

I found Cairns to be a beautiful golf course, I really loved it, it was more like a resort course, really beautiful to the eye.

PS. It is the Mossman Open this weekend......I have Addie Buttorac in my group:oops::oops:...we are all a bit worried how she will be, having to play with hackers like us.:D

simmsy
22nd July 2008, 09:14 PM
I'm heading up to Sea Temple on the 8-11 August for a mates wedding hoping to get 2 or 3 rounds in at the resort myself:lol::lol: