PDA

View Full Version : Electric buggy advise needed

aussiemuggolfer
21st July 2008, 11:40 AM
Guys, Iam considering purchasing a electric buggy. I have seen a few on the net, namely Powacaddy & Ezicaddywhich seems to be ok. Can any one advise what brands to consider and those to avoid.

Many thanks.

pt73
21st July 2008, 12:08 PM
I have an MGI which I bought 2 years ago using their interest free payment plan and it's been great. I had one problem which they fixed under warranty with no hassles.

Don't buy a cheap imported one off ebay, I did and it was useless.

PT

andylo
21st July 2008, 01:13 PM
Don't buy from Ebay and thats all I can say.

geelongwatertanks
21st July 2008, 03:44 PM
I pick up my new navagater 750 tommorow so i'll let you know my thoughts on that. The ebay ones seem to have plenty of grunt in the motors by way of watts but l personally wouldnt bother.

kev
21st July 2008, 04:07 PM
I bought one off ebay about a year and a half ago and have not had a problem with it. Atomik brand, from a place in Springvale. They allowed pickup, and inspection before handing over the money.

aussiemuggolfer
22nd July 2008, 04:11 PM
Thx. please let me know what you think. Never heard of that brand. Where do you buyem ??

Thx to all for your input too.

I pick up my new navagater 750 tommorow so i'll let you know my thoughts on that. The ebay ones seem to have plenty of grunt in the motors by way of watts but l personally wouldnt bother.

kev
22nd July 2008, 05:51 PM
Ebay username pockrock88 - they don't have any up at the moment though. It works well for me, so I have no complaints.

geelongwatertanks
22nd July 2008, 09:17 PM
Picked up my mgi navigator today and what a beautiful bit of kit it is. All up it's a very nice and quality built buggy thats easy to fold, load ,charge ect.....Had a bit of a spin around getting used to the remote control and now cant wait for my first round with it on sunday. The only dissapointment l have with it are the wheels and tyres look a bit plasticy and cheap compared to the rest of the buggy.

Rusty
23rd July 2008, 09:45 AM
FWIW there's some info here to http://www.ozgolf.net/forums/showthread.php?t=9119

geelongwatertanks
28th July 2008, 10:21 PM
Played my first round with the navigater and was realy impressed. Battery lasted 18 hilly holes and still showed green light by the end. The round was so much more relaxing walking around with the buggy remotely driving where you want and the looks on other golfers face is priceless when they see a buggy and clubs moving around on it's own. Did manage to roll it over once when i was a ,long way from it anoying another fellow golfer and it hit a big pine cone and went over. All in all very very impressed.

aussiemuggolfer
29th July 2008, 10:41 AM
THanks for the info. Got the MGI SL50. I have looked at many brands ect but i kept on going back to this one. Like the look of it, nice and compact,plenty of features and have had good feedback.
Got i thru the club proshop as the money go's to the club and a much better price !!. It astounds me how the retail prices differ so much from the different stores. :smt093

Good golfing to you all

Played my first round with the navigater and was realy impressed. Battery lasted 18 hilly holes and still showed green light by the end. The round was so much more relaxing walking around with the buggy remotely driving where you want and the looks on other golfers face is priceless when they see a buggy and clubs moving around on it's own. Did manage to roll it over once when i was a ,long way from it anoying another fellow golfer and it hit a big pine cone and went over. All in all very very impressed.