PDA

View Full Version : This guy seems a bit dodgy ?

3oneday
20th July 2008, 06:55 AM
http://search.ebay.com.au/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQsassZjctrade36

I sent him a message asking for a serial on a 10.5 stiff G10, only to be greeted with the reply "I have no stiffs left". Seems strange given his listing is only for one club, stiff or reg.

So, I'm going through his feedback and there is ft-5's sold in early July, you click the link to the look at the item and the item is no longer visible as it has been removed from ebay.

If his items are fake, and given that he is selling ft-5 and G10 (and lemon detox diets ?), why doesn't ebay switch him off ?

Is this the bloke that Coogee bought off ?

Horse
20th July 2008, 10:51 AM
The driver id fake for sure. Look at the sticker around the top of the shaft these are always on the fakes. Secondly look at the grip, it is a copy of the NTS which is only on Rapture, G10 come with 703! Look at the serial number, it is in the incorrect place, on his driver it is above the loft, on genuine it is further to the left. And finally if it is too good to be true it normally is. Spend another $100 and get a REAL ping driver from a Authorised stockist.

3oneday
20th July 2008, 12:23 PM
Spend another $100 and get a REAL ping driver from a Authorised stockist.actually, talk to Edwin Watts and spend less than $50 more ;)

Horse
20th July 2008, 03:18 PM
actually, talk to Edwin Watts and spend less than $50 more ;)
What about freight scoop? Its not worth the hassle IMO. Then you have got to hope you get what you ordered.

3oneday
20th July 2008, 04:07 PM
What about freight scoop? Its not worth the hassle IMO. Then you have got to hope you get what you ordered.Thanks scoop ?

$299USD + $35USD shipping = $334USd @ 0.971068 = $343.95

What are you Horse, retailer or ebay seller ? The thread was more of a warning than a cry for help, but thanks anyway ;)

I don't reckon too many folk would have trouble dealing with Edwin Watts, they have 70 outlets and can generally get stuff here (with DHL jack ;)) within 3 working days.

macjackass
20th July 2008, 04:26 PM
edwin watts are great. I have dealt with them quite a bit and the service is always great.

Coogee Beach
21st July 2008, 03:42 PM
Is this the bloke that Coogee bought off ?

Yeah - most likely - he was jcnguyen - Ebay cancelled his ... whatever, for breaching rules. But the bloke's got a new handle and selling those Ft-5s ... they sound bad off the face ... but they do send the bastard Out There. They're good fakes, if there's such a thing, I dunno.

anyway i'm gonna keep on hitting it, and see what Ebay can do re: getting money back, though i didn't pay via PayPal.