PDA

View Full Version : Back in the saddle

Golfgirl
14th November 2004, 10:45 AM
Well... after being displaced and homeless for the last nearly two months, I am finally able to sit in front of my own computer in my own tiny unit and have try to catch up with all that has been going on in my extended absence.

With two new arrivals on the way, obviously some of you have been busy.... :roll: :wink: But congratulations to Robyn and Goughy and Dion and Sandra. What a shame that I have now moved too far away to be able to visit and cluck when the newbies make their appearances....

I have been in Sydney for just over a week - and it has certainly been an interesting experience so far.... arriving in Sydney after over 9 hours travelling from Tweed Heads with only Mitchell for company, I missed the exit I was supposed to take to get to our cousin's place in Mosman, and found myself paying the toll and heading through the tunnel.... I found my way to Eastlake Golf Club, where Matt had to come and rescue me because I had not a cent on me and no idea how to get back to Mosman!!!! :oops:

The next day the furniture was supposed to arrive - so Matt, Mitch and I spent most of the day sitting on the floor of our unfurnished unit waiting.... and waiting.... it didn't turn up!! :shock:

It did turn up the following day, but the removalist turned up without any offsiders as they had quit the previous week... yep - Matt had to help the guy get everything up the stairs to the unit.... for which the guy gave us the grand discount of a whole $50.... we won't be using that company again. :roll:

The entertainment unit didn't fit up the stairs - the telly is sitting on a coffee table... and Matt forgot to get the electricity and phone connected.

Anyway - it is all under control now and I am happily back on line.

I will attempt to read some of the posts I have missed - but you lot are so prolific that I have no chance - so just let me know anything major....

See ya's! :D
Jodie

AndyP
14th November 2004, 10:50 AM
Welcome back, GG. It hasn't been the same without you. :D

Hopefully everything is smooth sailing for you, from here on in. [-o<

Now get out there and play some golf. :wink:

Jarro
14th November 2004, 10:55 AM
welcome back Jodie :D

Iain
14th November 2004, 11:09 AM
Welcome back, GG. It hasn't been the same without you. :D

Hopefully everything is smooth sailing for you, from here on in. [-o<

Now get out there and play some golf. :wink:

Yeah, what he said.... :wink:

Onewood
14th November 2004, 11:20 AM
Good to see your smiling face again Golfgirl :D

Hope everything pans out for you, Matt and Mitchell now you've settled back in :P

As AP said get out there and get some serious golf going again :wink:
Amanda is in great form with 34 points at Northlakes yesterday 8) and Flowergirl is off getting lessons to keep up :D so you'll have to get back into that swing groove of yours to keep up with them :D

Eag's
14th November 2004, 11:51 AM
Welcome back Golfgirl :wink:

amanda
15th November 2004, 08:21 AM
Welcome back Jodie! :D :D

Flowergirl
15th November 2004, 07:26 PM
Great to have you back on board Golfgirl................the guys are fun but Amanda and I need all the help we can get to keep them in line.
Hope you and your family settle in to your new lives happily and all goes well for you in the future. :D
How old is your little boy? How is he handling all the changes?

Andrew
15th November 2004, 10:15 PM
Jodie,

You'll come to love Sydney. Y'know, love things like -
A constant supply of rude people,
10 min drives in the car that take 45 mins,
A pace of life that makes you feel like it's Friday when it's only Tuesday,
Roadrage that has become an art form,
Living beside the same people for 10 years until you find out what their first names are (& then you only find out during court procedings)

Hope Eastlake is treating Matt well. Marcel & I are down there next Wednesday for the open day comp. Not that Matt will remember me, but I'll say hi nonetheless.

Fishman Dan
15th November 2004, 11:27 PM
Jodie,

You'll come to love Sydney. Y'know, love things like -
A constant supply of rude people,
10 min drives in the car that take 45 mins,
A pace of life that makes you feel like it's Friday when it's only Tuesday,
Roadrage that has become an art form,
Living beside the same people for 10 years until you find out what their first names are (& then you only find out during court procedings)

Crikey, it's not that bad. It's a great city to live in, a billion things to do. Sure, there are places where you won't go, but you have that in any city in the world. And you have top beaches about 5 minutes away! You'll love it!

marcel
16th November 2004, 01:02 PM
Hi Jodie,

very warm welcome back, see you all soon hopefully

A constant supply of rude people, - makes you feel better about yourself though
10 min drives in the car that take 45 mins, - all the more time to play the 'serenity now' tapes
A pace of life that makes you feel like it's Friday when it's only Tuesday, - see above
Roadrage that has become an art form, - should have been a yr2000 Olympic event
Living beside the same people for 10 years until you find out what their first names are (& then you only find out during court procedings) - you mean their surname isn't 'defendent'

Fishman Dan
16th November 2004, 01:15 PM
Just a tip, Sydneylanders ... when you're trying to welcome someone who has undertaken a complete lifestyle change, you're allow to dwell on the 'positives' :roll:

Sure, way of life is different, but you'll adapt and carve your own path.

amanda
16th November 2004, 01:53 PM
There are some great advantages to being in the Shire - someone mentioned beaches, friendly people, lots of green space (relatively speaking) and of course - you guys are close to me :wink:

Fishman Dan
16th November 2004, 02:02 PM
There are some great advantages to being in the Shire - someone mentioned beaches, friendly people, lots of green space (relatively speaking) and of course - you guys are close to me :wink:

They're not in 'The Shire' Amanda ;)

For those not in the know, 'The Shire' is very much a derivative from Lord of the Rings - those in the suburbs south of the city rarely venture out of their own land, and it's inhabited by people no taller than 4' with hairy feet.

Ok, so i stretched the truth a little.... :^o

Andrew
16th November 2004, 06:23 PM
Hmmm. Lucky I don't make my living out of being a comedian. Obviously, the humour in my last post wasn't as noticable as I thought.

P.S. Marcel (You mean their surname isn't 'defendent') Gold, absolute gold.

Flowergirl
17th November 2004, 06:32 AM
[quote="Andrew"]Hmmm. Lucky I don't make my living out of being a comedian. Obviously, the humour in my last post wasn't as noticable as I thought.

It's ok Andrew - I got it - I'm a bit smarter than the other posters here cos I'm from Victoria!!! :wink:

Golfgirl
17th November 2004, 10:38 AM
Thanks everyone!!

Hope to catch up with the Sydney-siders sooner rather than later....

Andrew - just walk up to Matt and tell him who you are - he can be bad with names, but will appreciate the "hi".... :roll: (and I got the humour.....)

Things are certainly very different here - but yesterday I went on my first excursion outside of "the shire" (haven't seen any hairy feet here, yet.. :? ). While driving to Eastlake to check out a daycare centre for Mitchell, I managed to take a wrong turn and ended up at Mascot, but as I wasn't far off course - I managed to get where I was going....

Still.... if anyone sees a white magna being driven by a harassed looking woman with a map in one hand and a toddler throwing toys around in the back... please go easy on me... :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am off to the Eagles concert on Sunday night - I have no idea how to get to the entertainment centre, but I sure appreciate the fact that big shows like this always come to Sydney....

Am I close to you, Amanda??? Do you want to meet up??

amanda
17th November 2004, 10:54 AM
I am off to the Eagles concert on Sunday night - I have no idea how to get to the entertainment centre, but I sure appreciate the fact that big shows like this always come to Sydney....

Am I close to you, Amanda??? Do you want to meet up??

The Entertainment Centre is easy to get to - get on the Princes Highway and follow all the way to around St Peters (there will be a big park and huge chimney stacks on the left) - turn right and follow the signs towards Redfern, go through Redfern, straight on Regent Street (don't turn down Cleveland). When you get to George Street - be in the left lane (you will see bus stops all down the left). Turn slightly left (the street is at 11 o'clock) - follow this one way street and you will pass a whole lot of parking stations - these usually offer good deals. The first 2 are on the 2nd street on the left - there will be 3 - Her Majesty's carpark (old and spaces are a bit small) & carpark next to the Carlton Crest hotel. There is also an outdoor carpark just after that street. Continue through the lights and there is the Market City carpark under a huge shopping complex.

There is also an official carpark for the Entertainment Centre - but it tends to be overpriced and very busy - hard to get out of once the concert is finished.