18th July 2008, 05:41 PM
945 am Monday August 18 - Old Course Keperra [holes 1 - 18] $25

1.damoocow 34 points
2.jarro 31 points
3.jaybam 30 points
4.davemason 24 points

Davemason
21st July 2008, 11:04 AM
Staying down Brisbane for a few more days to Wednesday if any one wants a hit Monday to Tuesday

Jarro
21st July 2008, 11:06 AM
Dave, i don't have a roster for those dates yet ... but if i'm off i'll be up for a hit on either the Monday or Tuesday

damoocow
21st July 2008, 02:08 PM
Dave - Keperra do an open comp on Wed and Sun but it's getting pretty expensive - $35 - alternatively we can play social for $25 - Monday is a good day to get on the main 18 -

Davemason
21st July 2008, 05:48 PM
sound good guys
Also up for a Sunday hit
If I was to play it would have to be morning Monday or Tuesday. I'm staying out at Algester

Davemason
8th August 2008, 11:37 AM
anyone up for a game ????

AndyP
8th August 2008, 11:55 AM
I'm using my permission slip for a concert on Saturday night, and won't be able to take leave for work sorry.

Jarro
8th August 2008, 02:47 PM
Dave, i don't have a roster for those dates yet ... but if i'm off i'll be up for a hit on either the Monday or Tuesday

anyone up for a game ????

Dave, i'm off from the monday thru to the thursday ...... and i'm available for a game (as long as it's not super early in the morning)

jaybam
8th August 2008, 05:34 PM
I am having my ekka day on the Monday so would probably also be up for a hit.Prefer morning but like Jarro not super early. Where we going to play?

Davemason
8th August 2008, 06:54 PM
Monday will be good for me

early to mid morning around 8AM

damoocow
8th August 2008, 06:59 PM
I'm interested in playing but depends on the tee time as I have to take my kids to school

Jarro
8th August 2008, 07:00 PM
Any particular preference on courses Dave ?

markTHEblake
8th August 2008, 07:10 PM
I'm interested in playing but depends on the tee time as I have to take my kids to school

what the ? are they having teachers free days now?

damoocow
8th August 2008, 07:18 PM
Sorry - are you moonlighting as a private detective now ?................

markTHEblake
9th August 2008, 09:21 AM
just never heard of a teacher wagging school before :-)

damoocow
9th August 2008, 09:28 AM
just never heard of a teacher wagging school before :-)

I've taken leave for the rest of term 3 [6 weeks] - fancy coming up for a game at Keperra ?

Jarro
9th August 2008, 10:02 AM
Moo, are there any open comps on at Keperra on these dates that Dave is here ?

damoocow
9th August 2008, 10:11 AM
Sun 17th is an Open Comp [single/4bbb s.ford medley] - I have something on in the morning but could get there for a 12ish tee time - first tee times on Sundays are from around 1030 or so

Wed 20th is an Open Comp [stroke medal day] - sheet not open yet but various times usually available

It is dear to play Open Comps as a visitor though - $35 I think

Jarro
9th August 2008, 10:20 AM
I don't think Dave is available for the wednesday comp ??

How about a social hit on the Mon/Tues ?

damoocow
9th August 2008, 10:31 AM
Sounds good - Jaybam was keen for hit too - on the Monday ? - that would make a group of 4 - Dave - any preference where you want to play - where are you staying ?

Davemason
10th August 2008, 08:40 AM
No preference where we play

I'm staying out at Algester

jaybam
10th August 2008, 08:44 AM
About ten mins up the road from where i am Dave :) Easy to get to most courses from there straight on the highway.

markTHEblake
10th August 2008, 01:46 PM
I've taken leave for the rest of term 3 [6 weeks]

didnt you consider the poor children. disrupting their education like that

fancy coming up for a game at Keperra ?

Oh I would love to play there, but I got way too many different things going on at moment - would kill for a free day but not anytime soon.

damoocow
10th August 2008, 07:49 PM
So - can we maybe sort this out ? - are we playing on the Monday or the Tuesday ? - and what preferences do people have for the venue ?

jaybam
10th August 2008, 07:53 PM
I am only available on the Monday but am a bit deflated with my game at the mmoment. Is there anywhere that has open comps on a monday?? Apparently keppera do a open comp on mondays for about the 30 dollar mark. Is this true and thats about my limit lol.

damoocow
10th August 2008, 08:22 PM
JB - Keperra haven't done an open Monday this year - I think the 1st tee info is out of date - Monday is set aside for social [ although they have the vets off one tee around 7ish] - $25 for social play

jaybam
10th August 2008, 08:24 PM
Think it needs to be updated then??

damoocow
10th August 2008, 08:41 PM
Exactly - I think there are probably a few things out of date there but I have no idea how to update it - isn't it locked ?

jaybam
10th August 2008, 09:05 PM
yup i beleive one of our mods takes care of that thread

AndyP
10th August 2008, 09:20 PM
I rely on PMs or threads to update the Open Day thread. I'll get rid of the Keperra Monday comp. It was only for the first Monday of the month anyway.

damoocow
10th August 2008, 09:22 PM
also AP can you update that the Keperra open days are now $35 - ouch

AndyP
10th August 2008, 09:24 PM
With Nudgee's now at $30, it's not as bad as it sounds. The cheap comps are disappearing.

damoocow
10th August 2008, 09:25 PM
After talking to Jaybam - we are possibly looking at Keperra on the Monday [18th] - tee time of somewhere between 930 - 10 am - social cost $25 - will try to get on Old Course but will depend on time - any objections or other suggestions ?

1.damoocow
2.jarro
3.jaybam
4.davemason

markTHEblake
10th August 2008, 09:41 PM
Perhaps it not the cheap green fees dissapearing but the value of the dollar?

jaybam
10th August 2008, 09:43 PM
Stiff if there is mate. Good job and look forward to the game. Some one had to take it by the scruff of the neck and make a decision :)

Jarro
11th August 2008, 05:05 AM
Nice work Moocow

Davemason
11th August 2008, 06:32 AM
sound fine mate

good work on getting it sorted

damoocow
11th August 2008, 09:00 AM
945 am Monday August 18 - Old Course Keperra [holes 1 - 18] $25

1.damoocow
2.jarro
3.jaybam
4.davemason

see you all there

Davemason
11th August 2008, 12:44 PM
Thanks mate

Don't know what reciprocal club members pay ??? (http://www.keperragolf.com.au/reciprocal.htm) (Bargara GC)

jaybam
11th August 2008, 07:26 PM
Well done Damo look forward to a round with two different ozgolfers :) and jarro

damoocow
12th August 2008, 07:54 PM
Thanks mate

Don't know what reciprocal club members pay ??? (Bargara GC)

Good question Dave - do not know the definitive answer - isn't reciprocal free but you pay the comp fee if playing in a comp ? - I'll ask next time I am out there

Davemason
13th August 2008, 01:39 PM
Good question Dave - do not know the definitive answer - isn't reciprocal free but you pay the comp fee if playing in a comp ? - I'll ask next time I am out there

It's not free but a reduced green fee or the same green fees as a full member.

Davemason
13th August 2008, 01:51 PM
Just rang the club and yes I get it for nothing for be from Bargara GC.

All I have to do is show up and show my card.

So I'll be Anthony Keleher for the day 8-[

Jarro
13th August 2008, 03:17 PM

That's gonna cost you a round of drinks my friend ;)

Davemason
13th August 2008, 04:37 PM

I can live with that

Jarro
13th August 2008, 05:24 PM

I can live with that

You don't know what we wanna drink yet ;)

jaybam
13th August 2008, 06:02 PM
Your safe with me mate i will have a coke :)

damoocow
13th August 2008, 08:53 PM

amazing - both you and Coral Cove changed their names on the same day !

Davemason
14th August 2008, 08:42 AM
Does it count if I'm thinking of jointing Bargara GC

BTW have you booked the tee times or do we just rock on up

jaybam
18th August 2008, 03:03 PM
1.damoocow 34 points
2.jarro 31 points
3.jaybam 30 points
4.davemason 24 points

Thanks for the game guys. Enjoyed it heaps and the golf was ok. Also good to meet another ozgolfer in Dave. First time i have ever played a course where all 6 shots are on one nine. Makes it hard to get going if you dont get a shot till the 10th hole but at least i got all six on the back nine. Oh and heres a tip, Dont ever stand in front of Jarro or even thing you could dodge side to side. His got a great aim just ask the greenkeeper in the buggy that thought it was safe to just dart out of the trees without looking on the 18th !!! Think the only reason the poor bugger didnt stop is because he had to go change his jocks :) Anyway great company on a good course thanks Damo

Jarro
18th August 2008, 03:26 PM
Great day to be out golfing today ..... nice course (slick greens) good company :)

Thanks to Damo, JayBam and Davemason for the day ... it was fun. Some good golf in patches by us, and some ordinary as well :(

Thanks Damo for organising.

P.S. see if you can find out who that clown was driving across the 18th will ya :roll: He's the luckiest man alive !!

damoocow
18th August 2008, 05:43 PM
Picture the scene - Jarro hits a blinder of a tee shot straight down the middle of the 18th fairway - while we admire the extended hang time of the drive an open buggy with one of the greens staff in it accelerates from out of the left treeline - in one of those slow motion moments where you know disaster is about to unfold , the descending golf ball and the buggy are on a collision course - I would guess that the impact was on the front of the buggy - near where the windscreen would usually be - another 2 feet and he would have worn it right on the top of his head - would not have been pretty at all - but the most amazing thing was that he had a quick look left to the tee and just kept on going straight ahead - didn't even slow down !..............Nerves of Steel the greens staff at Keperra !

And thanks for the day guys - the golf was a bit ordinary at times but it was fun - especially watching some of those uphill putts on the last !

jaybam
18th August 2008, 05:48 PM
which ones there was plenty.

Jarro
18th August 2008, 05:50 PM
That 18th green is a brute !! :shock:

Davemason
19th August 2008, 06:34 PM
Thanks for the day guys , a bit of a disappointed day for me on the ball striking front , thank god for the par 5 to scramble some points on. even though there was some tight holes and that 18th what a finishing hole. I'll play there a gain.

damoocow
19th August 2008, 10:12 PM
Dave thanks for getting along to the game, I don't think we've played together since the 1st champs at CTH in 2004 ? - are you coming to the next champs in November ?.........Look at having another go at organising a game up at Coral Cove / Bargara some time - it would actually be a good ozgolf champs double - there is onsite accom at Coral Cove still I guess ?

Davemason
21st August 2008, 09:59 AM
are you coming to the next champs in November ??

Depending on the finances around that time I make the call about 3-4 weeks out

Look at having another go at organising a game up at Coral Cove / Bargara some time - it would actually be a good ozgolf champs double - there is onsite accom at Coral Cove still I guess ?

Yes if I come to the champs I'll make some noise about organising a weekend here . Or at least plant the seed.

And yes onsite accommodation here at Coral Cove
with the course in very good nick, the fairways lush and green with only a couple of rough patches and good fast true greens as well

Jarro
22nd August 2008, 04:31 PM
Yes if I come to the champs I'll make some noise about organising a weekend here . Or at least plant the seed.

Geez we've been talking this for a while haven't we :roll:

AndyP
22nd August 2008, 06:43 PM
All it takes is for one other person to be having a trip up there and others will join in. Just like my Newcastle/Sydney trip last year.

jaybam
22nd August 2008, 06:45 PM
From what i have seen on the website it looks like a great place for a weekend away. Maybe next time your over there Dave you can see what sort of accomodation/golf deal you can get us ??? Then we will have somewhere to start :)