PDA

View Full Version : So, the word is they are doing it again ???????

3oneday
11th November 2004, 07:34 AM
I have heard on the grapevine that TaylorMade are about to do it again. R7 drivers will be superceded by January.

You will note, fellow ebay Ho's, that TM have slowly upgraded the retail R7, started with the stock shaft, then came the NV, now it is the 757 Speeder.

They can go no bigger or better than the club in its current setup, so I guess it makes perfect sense to bring out a new line (to them, anyway :P ).

So, there you go, hope it doesn't look like that new MacGregor nuts and bolts thing !!!

Pete

Fishman Dan
11th November 2004, 08:04 AM
After chatting to Gaz at GCI yesterday, TM are basically putting the torch to Callaway in the consumer market. If you pick up golf now (or recently as many people here have) then you'll probably want to hit a TM club at some stage - everyone at the range/course/on the web (;)) seems to have one these days. Even G69 retired The Whale in favour of a 510 :lol:

Callway have focused recently on shoes, socks, bags, balls..... etc, and lost their edge in the club market. Moves such as signing Lefty are aimed at turning that around you'd assume.

Iain
11th November 2004, 02:45 PM
I have heard on the grapevine that TaylorMade are about to do it again. R7 drivers will be superceded by January.

You will note, fellow ebay Ho's, that TM have slowly upgraded the retail R7, started with the stock shaft, then came the NV, now it is the 757 Speeder.

They can go no bigger or better than the club in its current setup, so I guess it makes perfect sense to bring out a new line (to them, anyway :P ).

So, there you go, hope it doesn't look like that new MacGregor nuts and bolts thing !!!

Pete
Pete,
They are bringing out the Shallow version of the r7, which is the same shape as the 540XD, longer heel to toe, and not as deep faced, as the normal r7. Which makes the driver higher spin and higher launch which suits most golfers.

Iain

davidp
11th November 2004, 03:33 PM
It's already out, going by the boards at bombsquadgolf.

Just as, if not, more expensive than the r7 deep face. I don't care, I still won't buy new TM stuff... :shock:

They are on a quarterly release cycle and we keep lapping it up. :?:

3oneday
11th November 2004, 08:10 PM
Pete,
They are bringing out the Shallow version of the r7, which is the same shape as the 540XD, longer heel to toe, and not as deep faced, as the normal r7. Which makes the driver higher spin and higher launch which suits most golfers.

IainIain, yep, I know about that one mate :wink:, but what you are referring to is called an R7 :wink:

Pete

markTHEblake
11th November 2004, 09:47 PM
Wont be long before they bring out a KZG Gemini clone.

Choppa
11th November 2004, 09:55 PM
Pete,

Iain

I understand I know nothing, but isn't that what the bolts in the current R7 are for :?

davidp
11th November 2004, 10:00 PM
Pete,

Iain

I understand I know nothing, but isn't that what the bolts in the current R7 are for :?

Frankenstein's monster had bolts too didn't it?? :P

Choppa
11th November 2004, 10:01 PM
Pete,

Iain

Frankenstein's monster had bolts too didn't it?? :P

Yep and he was just as ugly :wink:

Fishman Dan
12th November 2004, 07:57 AM
So my TaylorMade R7 hat is also no longer vogue?

Jarro
12th November 2004, 09:26 AM
So my TaylorMade R7 hat is also no longer vogue?

maybe Taylormade should sell hats that have velcro'd patches on them .. so you can just rip off the old R7 patch and put a new one on when the new club gets released..

..Hmmmm, i could be onto something here :-k