PDA

View Full Version : iGolf GPS'

Pages : [1] 2 3

Courty
15th July 2008, 09:53 PM
I'm considering buying a GPS from iGolf (www.igolf.com), but I haven't been able to work out if either model can give distances in metres. Can anyone confirm one way or the other?

Grunt
15th July 2008, 09:56 PM
How is the IGolf for getting course info? Do you have to pay for it?

Courty
15th July 2008, 09:58 PM
If you want their pre-set courses, you have to pay, but you can setup your own course for nix.

Grunt
15th July 2008, 10:00 PM
OK, have you looked at Intelligolf? It may even work on the iphone soon.

Grunt
15th July 2008, 10:03 PM
Here is a link to it.

http://www.intelligolf.com/
(http://www.intelligolf.com/)

Courty
15th July 2008, 10:03 PM
I don't plan on getting the new iPhone any time soon.

In any case, I found out the answer (had to sign-up to iGolf.com :roll:).

Both models support yards & metres.

Grunt
15th July 2008, 10:05 PM
Oh thought you had one already.

TS
15th July 2008, 10:17 PM
Courty. Driller bought an iGolf last week. I am playing golf with him this weekend. Will let you know how I found it. We will be comparing iGolf against Range finder.

Courty
13th August 2008, 08:04 PM
I didn't buy one of these, but my mate did. We've been sharing it for the last few weeks. I must say I'm very impressed.

He's agreed to loan it to me for the Champs. I have already downloaded the Palm Meadows co-ords. 8)

Golfast
2nd September 2008, 11:47 PM
iGolf Caddie II GPS is now available on eBay Australia. Some young Guys have exclusive selling rights with iGolf for supplying them on eBay Australia with over 400 Australian course maps. I bought one a couple of weeks ago. Very accurate and simple to operate. I love it. eBay sellers name - "igolf_australia"

AndyP
5th September 2008, 02:58 PM
I'll bump this, since I had the above post in the "awaiting moderation" queue for a couple of day. All new member's posts go into this queue.

Sorry about that, Golfast.

Jarro
5th September 2008, 03:21 PM
Good work AndeePee, we can't be too careful these days now can we.

Courty
5th September 2008, 06:09 PM
iGolf Caddie II GPS is now available on eBay Australia. Some young Guys have exclusive selling rights with iGolf for supplying them on eBay Australia with over 400 Australian course maps. I bought one a couple of weeks ago. Very accurate and simple to operate. I love it. eBay sellers name - "igolf_australia"

I'll back that up. Since I got one over for my mate we have been using it during rounds and now it is virtually indispensable.

Courty
20th September 2008, 09:13 AM
Here's a review (http://thesandtrap.com/equipment/accessories/igolf_neo_gps_review) of the iGolf Neo.

mike
20th September 2008, 02:34 PM
4 questions.
1. Courty, is this the one you and JD use ?
2. Does it support metres as well as yards ?
3. Does it give you more than front/centre/back? ie. can you add in fairway hazards ?
4. Can't think of a 4th question but I'm sure I'll think of one if I sit around here long enough but I've gotta go mow the lawn cos we're going away next week but when you think about it question 3 was in two parts anyway so we could call that question 4.

Courty
20th September 2008, 05:02 PM
1. Courty, is this the one you and JD use ? Nope, we (he) has the next model up, the Caddie II (http://www.igolf.com/igolfstore/igolfindivprods/prod2.html).

2. Does it support metres as well as yards ? Yes.

3. Does it give you more than front/centre/back? ie. can you add in fairway hazards ? The Caddie II can, and I'm pretty sure the Neo does as well, but don't quote me on that.

4. Can't think of a 4th question but I'm sure I'll think of one if I sit around here long enough but I've gotta go mow the lawn cos we're going away next week but when you think about it question 3 was in two parts anyway so we could call that question 4. 42.

Jarro
28th September 2008, 04:20 PM
Courty, what sort of $$$$ are we talking about to get the setup that your mate has ?

Courty
28th September 2008, 04:22 PM
I think the Caddie II was about $USD229 plus shipping. They may be available cheaper on eBay. The Neo was $USD149.

Jarro
28th September 2008, 04:24 PM
Ok thanks, i might check out eBay and see what floating around

BrisVegas
29th September 2008, 08:41 AM

cool. I'm keen to get one of these in the near future. I checked the seller's listings, but he's only got a Caddie II. I'd like the cheaper Neo one. Thanks for the tip.

peter_rs
29th September 2008, 10:06 AM
if it helps any one I'm using Mscorecard on my n95.... it works well and is cheap...

On a side note is GPS allowed at the champs?

BrisVegas
29th September 2008, 01:49 PM
you can have a choice of GPS or preferred lie. :wink:

Jarro
29th September 2008, 02:06 PM
On a side note is GPS allowed at the champs?

Can't see why not ?

PeteyD
29th September 2008, 02:25 PM
as long as you share. Do the carts have gps anyway?

Grunt
29th September 2008, 02:27 PM
Sharing is a must if anyone has it. I think that is a given. If I have mine with me I will be sharing for sure.

peter_rs
29th September 2008, 02:42 PM
as long as you share. Do the carts have gps anyway?

no

Jarro
29th September 2008, 02:50 PM
I might have a little iGolf unit by then so i'll share also ...

... for a price :mrgreen:

Courty
29th September 2008, 03:37 PM
cool. I'm keen to get one of these in the near future. I checked the seller's listings, but he's only got a Caddie II. I'd like the cheaper Neo one. Thanks for the tip.

Why do you need one? Brookwater has them in the carts...

BrisVegas
29th September 2008, 09:05 PM
Why do you need one? Brookwater has them in the carts...

i don't take a cart when i play (at least not one of theirs with the GPS screen).

Courty
29th September 2008, 09:07 PM
i don't take a cart when i play (at least not one of theirs with the GPS screen).

Oh, I didn't realise you had the option to walk.

BrisVegas
29th September 2008, 09:12 PM
i have the option to pay $15 for a cart. an option I rarely choose to exercise!

BrisVegas
30th January 2009, 11:53 AM
I bought an iGolf Neo last night. Should have it for next weekend's round. Will post my thoughts after a chance to use it.

GC
30th January 2009, 02:20 PM
I bought an iGolf Neo last night. Should have it for next weekend's round. Will post my thoughts after a chance to use it.

I brought one about a month ago, love it. If you pm me your email address i can email you the courses on the coast i have already.

FlyBallDavo
31st January 2009, 07:15 PM
How much did you guys for it?

BrisVegas
31st January 2009, 08:53 PM
$279 including shipping.

BrisVegas
2nd March 2009, 12:59 PM
just an update. After two rounds with the Neo last week & this week), plus leaving it turned on by mistake for 5 hours after the game yesterday... It's showing 65% battery remaining! I'd have to guess it would be good for at least four rounds.

Toolish
2nd March 2009, 02:17 PM
What is the club distance thing all about. Does it track your shots somehow?

BrisVegas
2nd March 2009, 02:32 PM
i think most GPS units have the ability to measure a distance from Point A to Point B. simply click the 'Shot' button on the tee (Point A) and click it again when you get to your ball (Point B) and it tells you how far you've hit it.

Toolish
2nd March 2009, 02:49 PM
Ahh, ok. Still have to write it down to track it yourself. I was wondering if there was a GPS unit that had shot tracking too, like a personal shotlink set up.

BrisVegas
2nd March 2009, 02:53 PM
i think the more expensive ones do. I used to sticky tape my yardages to the shaft of the club!

kev
2nd March 2009, 03:31 PM
Ahh, ok. Still have to write it down to track it yourself. I was wondering if there was a GPS unit that had shot tracking too, like a personal shotlink set up.

The Sureshot does, but you have to set it up before you leave home with what clubs you are using (or at least you do with the original model), and it only allows you to list 14!

Then it's quite a few button presses to get from the "play" screen to the "measure" one. Not quite intuitive, or maybe I'm slow and doing something wrong.

punchtheballout
7th March 2009, 07:45 PM
OK, have you looked at Intelligolf? It may even work on the iphone soon.

yes yes! i theres a lot of iphone applications to help you in golf!!!!! you should try it out, do you want a free one? try google earth! and scan the course before you play cheers!:smt038

punchtheballout
7th March 2009, 10:49 PM
golf gps? which one is the best?

uplaypro, igolf neo, golf guru, sky caddie, golfbuddy and the likes! are the golf maps included in some gps for lifetime membership? or you have to pay for it monthly or annually? need help!

laydehgolfer
14th March 2009, 11:16 AM
I don't plan on getting the new iPhone any time soon.

In any case, I found out the answer (had to sign-up to iGolf.com :roll:).

Both models support yards & metres.

iphone is really useful! :cry:

laydehgolfer
14th March 2009, 11:19 AM
golf gps? which one is the best?

uplaypro, igolf neo, golf guru, sky caddie, golfbuddy and the likes! are the golf maps included in some gps for lifetime membership? or you have to pay for it monthly or annually? need help!

I have the igolfneo, its cheap compared to others like uplaypro, but when it comes to features uplaypro is better!, if your getting an iphone you should try getting the applications thats you could use for golf, saw it here http://budurl.com/iphnegolf , ofcourse there are paid applications and free applications:smt087, im sure they'll let you try the application first before they'll ask you to pay! cheers mate!

Hux
14th March 2009, 02:39 PM
i think most GPS units have the ability to measure a distance from Point A to Point B. simply click the 'Shot' button on the tee (Point A) and click it again when you get to your ball (Point B) and it tells you how far you've hit it.

There would be a few "big hitters" who would hate the truth behind this feature I reckon :-)
I know one guy who tells everyone he can hit 300 metres...played with him recently and he was not punching them any better than me and that isn't too long at all.

BrisVegas
14th March 2009, 02:52 PM
There would be a few "big hitters" who would hate the truth behind this feature I reckon :-)
I know one guy who tells everyone he can hit 300 metres...played with him recently and he was not punching them any better than me and that isn't too long at all.

Yeah, it's scary to see the truth sometimes! I know a few carry distances around Brookwater now that are 210-220m and I can only get over them when I catch it pure. The other day I tried out the shot distance feature when I nutted one down the 8th (about the only flat hole on the course). It was a mid-height draw with plenty of roll and it was 271m... If that's my best drive in optimal conditions, then I got nuthin. :lol::oops:

AndyP
14th March 2009, 03:01 PM
It was a mid-height draw with plenty of roll and it was 271m... If that's my best drive in optimal conditions, then I got nuthin. :lol::oops:Where does that put us mere humans then?

laydehgolfer
21st March 2009, 07:44 AM
check out the Uplay upro gps , its a good one! google it

vovo
26th March 2009, 05:03 PM
do you have to subscribe to get any courses, or is the subscription included in the original purchase price, and the subscription cost is for renewal.

I would like one of these as i flew the green a couple of times yesterday based on my dodgy calculation of how far past the 150 markers i was.

punchtheballout
27th March 2009, 10:31 PM
do you have to subscribe to get any courses, or is the subscription included in the original purchase price, and the subscription cost is for renewal.

I would like one of these as i flew the green a couple of times yesterday based on my dodgy calculation of how far past the 150 markers i was.

for the other products like the applications in iphone i know you still have to subscribe to get one, go for the gps type products, usually they are accurate of within a meter:smt038

BrisVegas
30th March 2009, 08:44 AM

i think all of these devices require a subscription to download the pre-plotted courses. the one I got (and gcswinger got) came with a bunch of courses of your choosing. With the iGolf you can subscribe for one year and download a heap and then that's it. There's no need to keep the subscription going as the courses are yours to keep.

p.s. My iGolf Neo is coming up to it's 5th round of golf on a single battery charge. I swear it must have a solar panel hidden in the screen somewhere!

vovo
30th March 2009, 12:12 PM
i think all of these devices require a subscription to download the pre-plotted courses. the one I got (and gcswinger got) came with a bunch of courses of your choosing.

Yeah, i was just wondering if the first year subscription was included in the purchase price of the unit.

May i ask where you got yours from, i have found $285 incl. shipping but doesn't appear to have any courses thrown in.

BrisVegas
30th March 2009, 12:19 PM
I got mine from "monsterputt" on ebay. He doesn't seem to have any more at the moment, but here's mine..

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=140297592359

I'd be happy to share with you the courses that I have. In fact I started a thread for GPS Plotted Courses, for exactly that purpose. :wink:
http://www.ozgolf.net/forums/showthread.php?t=12276&highlight=Plotted

mike
25th April 2009, 06:02 PM
Just got a new Igolf neo off US ebay for Aus $220 delivered.

Today's round convinced me I need one.

AndyP
25th April 2009, 08:23 PM
What happened at Paradise Palms today, Mike?

mike
25th April 2009, 09:51 PM
You've been there Andy. Each par 3 has about 16 different tees boxes. I kept having to ask the boys how far the green was. They fed me some dud figures.;)

Had no idea how far bunkers and gulleys and other assorted precipices were.

AndyP
26th April 2009, 08:58 AM
I remember a couple where we worked out a distance, but we weren't overly confident about it.

punchtheballout
27th April 2009, 03:42 AM
igolf neo +1

Courty
28th June 2009, 10:41 PM
iGolf/ Bushnell Neo on order. 8)

goonie
28th June 2009, 11:20 PM
iGolf/ Bushnell Neo on order. 8)

Where from? US or AUS?

BrisVegas
29th June 2009, 08:09 AM
nice one county. I knew you'd see it my way eventually.

Courty
29th June 2009, 03:24 PM
Where from? US or AUS?

US eBay

nice one county. I knew you'd see it my way eventually.

8)

vovo
1st July 2009, 09:54 PM
US eBay

Which seller, might I ask

Courty
2nd July 2009, 04:14 PM
Which seller, might I ask

This guy (http://myworld.ebay.com.au/golfplusgps/).

oz
6th August 2009, 10:19 PM
Am thinking I will order one too. Everyone still loving the Neo? What is the power setup? Is it rechargeable battery? 240v charger?

goonie
6th August 2009, 11:13 PM
Great as a basic GPS. Comes with a USB AC adapter, but I got mine from the USA so I had to use an adapter as it has a US plug. But it also charges off USB so just plug it into your PC.

But what ever you do don't install the 3.0.2 sync software. It will reduce any custom or modified maps to 9 holes.

oz
7th August 2009, 07:09 AM
Thanks goonie... good to know. The USB charging should be ample, based on how long everyone says the battery lasts.

goonie
7th August 2009, 07:13 AM
I played 2 rounds and it still said it had 65% battery left.

BrisVegas
7th August 2009, 08:06 AM
my Neo is going great. It lasts a couple of rounds between charges (I always forget) and is accurate to the sprinkler head distances on my course. Sometimes when I start it up it takes a minute or two to find the satellites, but it's only sometimes.

GC
7th August 2009, 09:11 AM
If you are going to update the software, save the customized maps you have to you PC first then do the update then reload the maps.

goonie
7th August 2009, 10:27 AM
If you are going to update the software, save the customized maps you have to you PC first then do the update then reload the maps.

v3.0.2 sync software still reduce them to 9 holes when you sync to the GPS. I think the files are ok it just doesn't sync them properly, but I don't know what it will do if you save them to the PC after it has stuffed them, anyway I keep a backup of all my maps, plus I have the originals in my email. But I have had no problems with v3.0.1.

oz
7th August 2009, 10:30 AM
Anyone tried the SureShot? It is more expensive, but has a lot more courses from my area available. Any thoughts on whether it is any good or not?

sms316
7th August 2009, 10:32 AM
SureShot works fine. You can always re-map Albury (for doglegs) if it doesn't match up right for you personally.

oz
7th August 2009, 11:09 AM
Yeah - I figure I can tidy up and personalise my common courses - but the choice of ready mapped courses on the igolf neo is a bit limited here, and I do like to travel to a few of them.

Rusty
7th August 2009, 11:41 PM
Anyone tried the SureShot? It is more expensive, but has a lot more courses from my area available. Any thoughts on whether it is any good or not?

http://www.ozgolf.net/forums/showpost.php?p=257216&postcount=33 + search sureshort

Iain
8th August 2009, 01:03 PM
Is someone able to send me the courses they have for the Neo please?? My email is iain.schwartz@gmail.com

Thanks

BrisVegas
8th August 2009, 04:19 PM
will do. just a sec...

oz
9th August 2009, 09:34 AM
http://www.ozgolf.net/forums/showpost.php?p=257216&postcount=33 + search sureshort

Thanks Rusty - I think I would prefer the sureshot over the Neo - but it's a substantial hike in price. I guess I'll have to figure out if i can justify the difference.

henno
9th August 2009, 07:01 PM
This guy (http://myworld.ebay.com.au/golfplusgps/).

After seeing these babies in action today, I'm getting one. I have sent this seller a message asking about combined postage in case a few others wanted to get in on the action.

No pressure. $US155 landed is still good going even if it's just me on my own ($US25 shipping).

Hux
9th August 2009, 07:03 PM
After seeing these babies in action today, I'm getting one. I have sent this seller a message asking about combined postage in case a few others wanted to get in on the action.

No pressure. $US155 landed is still good going even if it's just me on my own ($US25 shipping).

Just get Ned to drop one in the order from 3Balls. They are $149 and you can be sure. I am tempted but think I might go the phone route.

henno
9th August 2009, 07:37 PM
Just get Ned to drop one in the order from 3Balls. They are $149 and you can be sure.

Good idea.

jaybam
9th August 2009, 07:38 PM
Wouldnt mind either depending when you are looking at doing it. Also as discussed at GAiles today get a co op for the courses :)

henno
9th August 2009, 07:43 PM
Also as discussed at GAiles today get a co op for the courses :)

Yep. Brilliant idea.

BrisVegas
9th August 2009, 07:44 PM
just a warning. These things can tell you that you're exactly 70m from the centre, but they wont help you actually hit the green with a sand wedge...:oops:

nudgee
9th August 2009, 08:03 PM
count me in for one of these

who is ordering them?

henno
9th August 2009, 08:24 PM
I dunno. I was gonna just jump on Ned Kelly's 3balls order. I suppose the more the merrier?

I'm happy to jump on any group buy. No hurry. I'm easy either way.

kwantfm
9th August 2009, 08:43 PM
Pinglauncher had his out today at Bankstown. Such a good unit. I didn't realise there was a bulk buy happening here so ended up getting one from US eBay for AUD 190 landed from seller golfplusgps.

T

Eag's
9th August 2009, 08:46 PM
There will be some serious GPS activity at this years Champs by the looks :lol:

Iain
9th August 2009, 09:07 PM
Very happy with the performance of mine this afternoon.

I'm pretty sure I've figured out the whole problem of only 9 holes showing up in courses too.

goonie
9th August 2009, 11:02 PM
Very happy with the performance of mine this afternoon.

I'm pretty sure I've figured out the whole problem of only 9 holes showing up in courses too.

It will be the sync software, 3.0.2 is the problem, go back to 3.0.1 (came on my CD) and it will be fine.

Iain
10th August 2009, 05:22 AM
It will be the sync software, 3.0.2 is the problem, go back to 3.0.1 (came on my CD) and it will be fine.

3.0.1 didn't work on my Mac, some kind of Java issue. I'm running 3.0.3 now, it did the 9 hole thing, but I've got it sorted now, I hope.

goonie
10th August 2009, 08:04 AM
3.0.1 didn't work on my Mac, some kind of Java issue. I'm running 3.0.3 now, it did the 9 hole thing, but I've got it sorted now, I hope.

Ahh a Mac, there's your problem ;-), just kidding, how did you fix it.

Captain Nemo
10th August 2009, 08:45 AM
Anyone know someone with a Sonnocaddie?
How accurate are the sureshots?

Iain
10th August 2009, 08:45 AM
Ahh a Mac, there's your problem ;-), just kidding, how did you fix it.

Just had to cycle the course through the neo, sync it onto the neo, and then drag it back from the neo onto your main course list from the sync software. Has worked on 5 or 6 courses so far. But I'll test it some more this arvo.

Hux
10th August 2009, 08:52 AM
I liked that software Ned was running on his hew HTC phone. Pretty much the same output as the Neo.

henno
10th August 2009, 09:01 AM
So are we going to get a group buy together?

henno
nudgee
jaybam

??

jaybam
10th August 2009, 09:59 AM
could be keen henno. Dont like doing research and stuff so just let me know a price lol ;)

zacdullard
10th August 2009, 12:14 PM
I know what I want for christmas this year. How hard is it to map your own course?

BrisVegas
10th August 2009, 12:17 PM
simple. just need to be able to stand still and press a button at each point of interest.

Iain
10th August 2009, 12:44 PM
simple. just need to be able to stand still and press a button at each point of interest.

Is it easy to add a point on an already mapped course, as I noted there were no additional points at gailes yesterday? I didn't want to try yesterday, since it was the first time I used it.

henno
10th August 2009, 12:46 PM
Is it easy to add a point on an already mapped course, as I noted there were no additional points at gailes yesterday? I didn't want to try yesterday, since it was the first time I used it.

While at Gailes yesterday, Dion gave me a 5 second run-down on how to add custom points, and it seems like a piece of cake.

Iain
10th August 2009, 12:51 PM
Ok, sweet.

BrisVegas
10th August 2009, 01:05 PM
yeah, it's simple. i forget the exact menu option, but it's something like "Edit Course" + "Add point" or something like that. You then have a choice of a bunch of standard names for the point like 'LAYUP' 'HAZARD' 'CREEK' 'BUNKER' etc etc or you can give it your own name. It takes a few seconds to register each point, but it's still doable during a normal round (unless you're chopping it up).

henno
10th August 2009, 01:05 PM
I have sent this seller a message asking about combined postage in case a few others wanted to get in on the action.

OK, the units are $US128.99. Shipping for 1 unit is $US25 for Priority and $US35 for Express.

Here is the breakdown for multiple units:

2 Units: $30 / $40
3 Units $35 / $45
4 - 5 Units $40 / $50
5 to 8 units $45 / $55

BrisVegas
10th August 2009, 01:06 PM
that's bloody cheap! I paid $285 for mine and thought that was a bargain. (compared to the $400+ Sureshots it was).

jaybam
10th August 2009, 01:18 PM
so if there was five of us henno at the current exchange rate it would be 167 bucks each delivered. im in. Also Henno when we do this do you want to look at that 35 dollar 100 odd course thing?? Spilt it with you.

henno
10th August 2009, 01:19 PM
Yep. Definitely worth it for the 100 course thingo.

kev
10th August 2009, 02:17 PM
Anyone know someone with a Sonnocaddie?
How accurate are the sureshots?

Very. Of course it depends on if the course was mapped properly, but I haven't had any problems with mine for the dozen or so courses I've played with it.

Captain Nemo
10th August 2009, 02:33 PM
Maybe a stupid question, but the o/s models, do you need an adapter to put in our powerpoints?

Iain
10th August 2009, 02:42 PM
Maybe a stupid question, but the o/s models, do you need an adapter to put in our powerpoints?

Yeah, or you could just plug it into your computer. It just comes with a plug with a usb slot in it.

henno
10th August 2009, 02:47 PM
USB chargers can be had for loose change. Or if you have a TomTom, or certain mobile phones you're set.

Lucasto23
10th August 2009, 02:59 PM
Henno i'm keen as well and would also go in on the 100 course deal if possible

henno
10th August 2009, 03:02 PM
Henno i'm keen as well and would also go in on the 100 course deal if possible

Good stuff.

henno
nudgee
jaybam
Lucasto

Iain
10th August 2009, 03:02 PM
I wouldn't mind giving some cash towards the 100 courses as well?

Captain Nemo
10th August 2009, 03:05 PM
Yeah, or you could just plug it into your computer. It just comes with a plug with a usb slot in it.

Thanks, as i thought!
I might go for the Sonnocaddie, i like the graphics and overview etc....
Anyone had any experience with these?

AndyP
10th August 2009, 03:13 PM
Google Earth is free. :D

Hux
10th August 2009, 03:46 PM
Okay Henno count me in - thats a bargain but don't let my Missus know she will nut me.
Have to be careful with the quantity that they don't duty us??

henno
10th August 2009, 04:49 PM
Okay Henno count me in - thats a bargain but don't let my Missus know she will nut me.

Righto!

henno
nudgee
jaybam
Lucasto
Hux

Have to be careful with the quantity that they don't duty us??

Yep. Good point. Might have to cap it at 5 I think.

Hux
10th August 2009, 04:54 PM
What is the 100 course $35 thing?
Should we all just through in an extra few bucks and get on it?

henno
10th August 2009, 04:55 PM
You can sign up to their service to download 100 courses for $35. So one of us can buy it, we all throw in some coin, and the courses are shared around.

Hux
10th August 2009, 05:00 PM
Cool best we start another thread with our course requests. We need a database of current courses in possession as well.

That way we can share across Ozgolf and not waste the 100 course download.

henno
10th August 2009, 05:01 PM
There is one already. Somewhere.

nudgee
10th August 2009, 05:10 PM
Oh crap - guys I was an impatient prick and pulled the trigger early this morning as I was watching the WGC!! My freaking loss - I got mine for $164USD shipped express.

I will definately go in for the 100 courses thingie!!!! and I will be patient and wait.

Cheers

henno
10th August 2009, 05:16 PM
Bummer.

And then there were four:

henno
jaybam
Lucasto
Hux

nudgee
10th August 2009, 05:17 PM
ooooops my bad - sorry guys.

kev
10th August 2009, 05:29 PM
Thanks, as i thought!
I might go for the Sonnocaddie, i like the graphics and overview etc....
Anyone had any experience with these?

Who are you looking at getting it through? Might be interested if the price is right? The Aussie distributor is really gouging on the price.

AndyP
10th August 2009, 05:31 PM
There is one already. Somewhere.Pffft, what's another GPS thread on top of the four that seem to be floating around.

perci
10th August 2009, 05:51 PM
Excellent!

And then there were five:

henno
jaybam
Lucasto
Hux
Perci

jaybam
10th August 2009, 05:55 PM
What was there something Perci didnt have??? I am shocked and appalled lol

perci
10th August 2009, 05:57 PM
I know,its sad isn't it!

Lucasto23
10th August 2009, 05:58 PM
Thunderbirds are GO

henno
10th August 2009, 06:01 PM
Well, do you guys just want me to buy 'em, then fire you the bill?

No idea what the exchange rate will be, but paypal usually stings you a few cents. Also, do you want to ship it express for the extra $2 each?

That'd be pretty much $US140 per unit shipped.

We'll work out the $35 dollar thing later.

Hux
10th August 2009, 06:06 PM
Thunderbirds are go...if you are happy to pay up front when you see the actual cost in Aussie $$ on your paypal account let us know and we transfer the $$ to you EFT or Paypal your choice.

$2 mate...that is not even a pot of XXXX gold these days so I don't care. No idea what difference in postage time is but WTF why not.

henno
10th August 2009, 06:09 PM
I'm happy to pay upfront. Or should I say Mr Mastercard is happy to pay up front. ;-)

Hux
10th August 2009, 06:10 PM
Pffft, what's another GPS thread on top of the four that seem to be floating around.

Hmmm Vegas's thread is 3 pages of crap (some of it mine) with 3 posts on actual courses - BV and Just and Senico.

I was thinking for once we could have a thread solely on the specific topic of iGolf Neo course files :shock::roll:

jaybam
10th August 2009, 06:16 PM
WHy not i say :)

Iain
10th August 2009, 06:17 PM
Hmmm Vegas's thread is 3 pages of crap (some of it mine) with 3 posts on actual courses - BV and Just and Senico.

I was thinking for once we could have a thread solely on the specific topic of iGolf Neo course files :shock::roll:

:smt046:smt081:smt005:smt104 You are at Ozgolf remember.....

Lucasto23
10th August 2009, 06:19 PM
go the express, henno just send me the bill buddy.

Lucasto23
10th August 2009, 06:20 PM

We ever gonna arrange to get you your grips :-k

jaybam
10th August 2009, 06:40 PM
I am going to need the idiots guide though. Not real good with all this electrical stuff.

perci
10th August 2009, 06:49 PM
I am going to need the idiots guide though. Not real good with all this electrical stuff.

Same here,Oh and express Henno!

Lucasto23
10th August 2009, 06:52 PM
well you boys are in luck as Henno will give you guys a complete run down once he is done fiddling with his.

henno
10th August 2009, 07:01 PM
Electro gadgets I can do. It's golf that I struggle with. :-)

goonie
10th August 2009, 08:24 PM
We already have 20-30 courses, we need a web or FTP site to put the files, I vaguely remember Courty was going to set one up. PM me your email and I can send you the maps that we already have. They are 7k each so not to big. I am currently added extra custom points to my home course.

Courty
10th August 2009, 08:29 PM
Correct, I will be putting a page up very shortly. If anyone has collected any courses, please PM or email them to me and I'll include them, then link it back here.

BrisVegas
10th August 2009, 08:53 PM
i sent you my courses a while back courty. did you get them?

Courty
10th August 2009, 09:08 PM
Yessir. Sure did.

goonie
10th August 2009, 09:45 PM
Correct, I will be putting a page up very shortly. If anyone has collected any courses, please PM or email them to me and I'll include them, then link it back here.

You da man :-)

WATiger
10th August 2009, 11:32 PM
Sorry guys for the late request but how much for the unit, which one is it and with what maps, we have been flat out moving into our new Bunbury home.......8) so I haven't posted for a while.

henno
11th August 2009, 02:37 PM
Sorry WATiger, but 5 was the limit to keep the price under $900. Also, the shipping benefits are only really worth it for all QLDers as the price to on-ship would almost total the individual amount anyway.

Oh, and these have been ordered already. Just awaiting an updated invoice before payment to reflect the discounted shipping.

Hux
11th August 2009, 06:54 PM
We ever gonna arrange to get you your grips :-k

Yeah good idea. Playing at Oxley Thursday...you around then...or maybe Friday morning as I don't work until 3pm.

WATiger
11th August 2009, 10:45 PM
Sorry WATiger, but 5 was the limit to keep the price under $900. Also, the shipping benefits are only really worth it for all QLDers as the price to on-ship would almost total the individual amount anyway.

Oh, and these have been ordered already. Just awaiting an updated invoice before payment to reflect the discounted shipping.

Ah ok henno, better luck next time!!

henno
11th August 2009, 10:50 PM
It's only $25 shipped for each unit anyway. We all paid $10, and I'd bet the on-shipping to WA would be $15 anyway (or close to it) so you can still get on the same deal for all intents and purposes.

WATiger
11th August 2009, 11:20 PM
It's only $25 shipped for each unit anyway. We all paid $10, and I'd bet the on-shipping to WA would be $15 anyway (or close to it) so you can still get on the same deal for all intents and purposes.

What is the model again mate please?

henno
11th August 2009, 11:25 PM
Neo (igolf/bushnell).

WATiger
12th August 2009, 12:54 AM
Neo (igolf/bushnell).

Cheers mate...:wink:

Courty
14th August 2009, 11:09 PM
Just had to cycle the course through the neo, sync it onto the neo, and then drag it back from the neo onto your main course list from the sync software. Has worked on 5 or 6 courses so far. But I'll test it some more this arvo.

Thanks Iain, this worked for me too.

Ned
15th August 2009, 12:20 AM
Yeah good idea. Playing at Oxley Thursday...you around then...or maybe Friday morning as I don't work until 3pm.

Work, what work ??????????????:roll:

jaybam
17th August 2009, 10:17 AM
Looks like our Gps has hit australian shores. Shouldnt be too long now. :)

Lucasto23
17th August 2009, 10:21 AM
goodie, goodie

henno
17th August 2009, 10:52 AM
Looks like our Gps has hit australian shores. Shouldnt be too long now. :)

How little you know of USPS ;)

But yeah, it'd be nice if they arrived tomorrow.

henno
17th August 2009, 11:27 AM
We might even get these babies today.

Tracking it from our end, rather than USPS is much clearer:

http://ice.auspost.com.au/

Aug 17, 2009 10:49am AUSTRALIA: Messenger Post QLD Received at delivery hub.
Aug 17, 2009 9:32am AUSTRALIA - BRISBANE: Scheduled for delivery.
Aug 17, 2009 5:48am AUSTRALIA - BRISBANE: Received and awaiting clearance for delivery.
Aug 13, 2009 2:23pm UNITED STATES - USJFKA: Processed - enroute to final destination.
Aug 12, 2009 3:00am UNITED STATES: Item lodged

perci
17th August 2009, 12:25 PM
Shouldn't be to far away,my Adams turned up this morning!

henno
17th August 2009, 01:46 PM
Aug 17, 2009 12:56pm AUSTRALIA - Messenger Post QLD: Lodged with courier pickup service.

:)

henno
17th August 2009, 02:10 PM
I have them in my hot little hands. When and how do you want them? (This is mainly directed to Lucas and Jaybam, as I can drop off perci's and Hux's on the way home from the office.)

jaybam
17th August 2009, 02:34 PM
will organise something mate. Where abouts is it you work mate?

henno
17th August 2009, 02:50 PM
will organise something mate. Where abouts is it you work mate?

Salisbury. I am rarely in the office though, but I can always leave it with reception or something.

jaybam
17th August 2009, 03:23 PM
Am at tenneyson so not far from there. Will pm you my mobile number and maybe catch up Thursday or Friday

Lucasto23
17th August 2009, 05:33 PM
Henno, when are you sneaking out to indro for another Hit. Let me know and i can grab it then or i can arrange to pick it up. your in wynnum right?

jaybam
17th August 2009, 05:44 PM
How do you put the courses on and off them?? Do you store them on your computer when you are not using them?
what does it cost to get courses?

Lucasto23
17th August 2009, 05:47 PM
How do you put the courses on and off them?? Do you store them on your computer when you are not using them?
what does it cost to get courses?

I would say you use the dumb box.
I think they can store 4 courses on system at anyone time:-k
Plenty of free courses in ozgolf land available;)

Did we all chip in for the 100 course thing in the end?

henno
17th August 2009, 08:34 PM
I have no idea how many courses you can store, but I have seven or so already loaded in mine.

Lucas, I'm not playing at Indro for a bit, but I drive all over the north side and inner-south, so give me a place to drop it if you like and I'll deliver it.

Iain
17th August 2009, 08:48 PM
Thanks Iain, this worked for me too.

Excellent....

Henno, I believe it holds ten courses. Be careful about Pacific, not sure it's totally accurate, I changed a couple of points and added in some layups and bunkers, but need to go on a weekday arvo to double check all the green points.

Anyone know how it gives centre distances? Is that plotted or just the difference between front and back?

henno
17th August 2009, 08:53 PM
Iain, the 9-hole thing worked for me as well.

I'll check Pacific on Wednesday and see how it goes. I might even go for a walk tomorrow afternoon and see how accurate it is.

Iain
17th August 2009, 09:11 PM
Iain, the 9-hole thing worked for me as well.

Sweet....

senecio
17th August 2009, 09:21 PM
The version of Pacific that comes off the net has one big error in it. I think it is the 12th (short par 4 dog leg right)? According to the iGolf I hit wedge to the back of the green from 178m out? :)

The rest of the course seemed ok from memory.

henno
17th August 2009, 09:22 PM
Unless your tee shot was with a wedge, there is no way you can be 178m out on that hole. :)

Thanks for the heads-up guys. I'll be sure to test the waters before trusting my distances.

Hux
17th August 2009, 09:30 PM
Is there a file kicking around for the old course at Keperra?

CobraSS
18th August 2009, 01:21 PM
Anyone know how it gives centre distances? Is that plotted or just the difference between front and back?

it is the difference between front and back.

AndyP
18th August 2009, 01:23 PM
it is the difference between front and back.Divided by Pi.

goonie
18th August 2009, 01:23 PM
mine are plotted.

Lucasto23
25th August 2009, 02:08 PM
anyone have a course map for bribie island?

Ned
25th August 2009, 03:05 PM
anyone have a course map for bribie island?

Talk to the Hux!

jaybam
25th August 2009, 03:10 PM
Where was the thread with the courses??

goonie
25th August 2009, 03:37 PM
there is a website that courty setup, send him a PM asking for the login details and link to the site

Courty
25th August 2009, 03:46 PM
there is a website that courty setup, send him a PM asking for the login details and link to the site

Correction, Henno beat me to it. Send him a PM. 8)

jaybam
25th August 2009, 03:52 PM
thanks gents

perci
25th August 2009, 03:57 PM
Anyone got Nudgee north and or Virginia?

jaybam
25th August 2009, 03:58 PM
am looking for colonial

goonie
25th August 2009, 04:12 PM
no nudgee north yet, they haven't mapped it yet. the one we have is the south course.

AndyP
25th August 2009, 05:48 PM
Have these been banned from the Champs yet?

zacdullard
25th August 2009, 05:53 PM
Just about every one has got one it seems, so you all should be on a level playing field.

AndyP
25th August 2009, 05:57 PM
I don't think any of the chumps have lost shots off their handicap since they bought one anyway.

zacdullard
25th August 2009, 06:00 PM
That's becasue they are all protecting their handicaps for the champs.

henno
25th August 2009, 07:52 PM
I don't think any of the chumps have lost shots off their handicap since they bought one anyway.

I think it actually cost me a shot on the weekend. I flew the green (read: into the bushes) on 16 at Pacific for a wash as it was 20m out.

jaybam
25th August 2009, 07:54 PM
Ahhh so now we can blame our shitty golf on our gps huh henno?? Copout lol but works for me :)

henno
25th August 2009, 08:00 PM
No, I blame myself for not checking and/or realising that I was holding two clubs more than I usually hit into the green on that hole.

Hux
25th August 2009, 08:10 PM
Now what is the progress on our investment on the 100 course deal Henno? I have a few courses I need to get soon for a trip away.

Hux

henno
25th August 2009, 08:12 PM
No progress as yet. How about we just start getting some names together as to who's interested:

1. Hux
2. henno

Yossarian
25th August 2009, 08:14 PM
No progress as yet. How about we just start getting some names together as to who's interested:

1. Hux
2. henno
3. Andy P

8)

perci
25th August 2009, 08:16 PM
Count me in
1. Hux
2. henno
3.perci

henno
25th August 2009, 08:17 PM
I think jaybam was also keen, and nudgee perhaps, but I'll let them respond. If we can get seven, that's only a fiver each. Money well spent.

kev
25th August 2009, 08:23 PM
How much did you guys pay for the Neo? Global Direct have them (http://www.globaldirectshop.com.au/product_info.php?products_id=461&utm_source=getprice&utm_medium=cpc) for $215 plus $12.5 shipping and they're in QLD

just
25th August 2009, 08:24 PM
1. Hux
2. henno
3.perci
4. just

Iain
25th August 2009, 08:26 PM
1. Hux
2. henno
3.perci
4. just
5. Iain

jaybam
25th August 2009, 08:31 PM
1. Hux
2. henno
3.perci
4. just
5. Iain
6. Jaybam

i need the colonial :)

henno
25th August 2009, 08:36 PM
How much did you guys pay for the Neo? Global Direct have them (http://www.globaldirectshop.com.au/product_info.php?products_id=461&utm_source=getprice&utm_medium=cpc) for $215 plus $12.5 shipping and they're in QLD

Less than that. 25% less in fact.

henno
25th August 2009, 08:37 PM
Should we leave this for a few days to see if there are any other takers? Or are some of you super urgent?

kev
25th August 2009, 08:39 PM
Thanks Henno

Hux
25th August 2009, 08:43 PM
Not super urgent - Yepoon in a couple of weeks.
As you said, $5 each if we have 7 so 6 in 20 minutes...another day will see it as $2 each....or I will pay the lot and you can all but me a Wild Turkey and Cola at the champs as payment :-)

Seriously 8 or 9 will bring it down to @ AUD$5 each which makes it easier. But if someone wants something earlier than it is all okay.

Also if however pays the $35 will have a paying account from which to request courses. You get upload credits as well so that person should upload new Ozgofl mappedcourses and keep the account topped up. Plan?

henno
25th August 2009, 08:45 PM
Good plan. Perhaps I'm not the best guy to get the account then. I don't play enough random courses to gather the credit.

BrisVegas
25th August 2009, 08:49 PM
1. Hux
2. henno
3.perci
4. just
5. Iain
6. Jaybam
7. BrisVegas

I can't think of any courses I need, but count me in. Wynnum and Nudgee I guess, as they're ozgolf majors.

goonie
25th August 2009, 08:54 PM
1. Hux
2. henno
3.perci
4. just
5. Iain
6. Jaybam
7. BrisVegas
8. Goonie

Can we ask for courses to be mapped too?

Hux
25th August 2009, 09:18 PM
Yes the paid member can request it be mapped.

PS ALL
I have uploaded Bribie Island to Henno's database. The 9th does not have the front of green measurement but has centre and back. The thing locked up and I had to race off the green otherwise I would have upset the group behind.
I have mapped corners on doglegs as "layup". The 1st I have mapped to the edge of the centre fairway bunker for those that can't hit a massive gay fade around the corner and don't like 140m bunker shots :-)
Mapping was easy enough for sure but a PITA in a comp round.

Lucasto23
26th August 2009, 12:50 AM
i'll be in on the group membership

henno
26th August 2009, 05:52 AM
1. Hux
2. henno
3.perci
4. just
5. Iain
6. Jaybam
7. BrisVegas
8. Goonie
9. Lucasto23

Iain
26th August 2009, 06:30 AM
Henno, can you PM me the details for the link for the current courses??

Did you have a look at Pacific yet??

GC
26th August 2009, 07:00 AM
am looking for colonial

I have it, just PM me your email address and i will send it to you.

Hux
29th August 2009, 09:42 AM
Guys we ready to pull the trigger on this yet? I am happy to ante up the coin and go from there.

Requests for courses....I can provide the login I guess and people can download what they want or request what they want and also upload courses for credit?

Has anyone else had issues with creating the login for free registration? I have created it twice using exactly the same user info and password and after closing the Sync cannot log back in.

henno
31st August 2009, 03:54 PM
I haven't even tried.

If you want to start the ball rolling Hux, I'll throw in some funds. Rather than sharing the login, why don't you just download whatever based on "The list" and upload/replace the files at the usual repository.

goonie
31st August 2009, 04:29 PM
How much each? and PM me bank details.

Hux
8th September 2009, 08:27 PM
Gents

We are now members....will let you know the bill when it shows in Aus $ on my account. In the mean time PM me courses you want downloaded.

Hux

Hux
8th September 2009, 08:34 PM
First downloads and are uploaded to Henno's site
Keperra (Old Course)
Redcliffe
Rydges Capricorn Resort
Rydges Capricorn Championship

henno
8th September 2009, 08:37 PM
Any Indro stuff (East mainly, as the West is destined to be way out considering the new holes - does it show "date updated" info?)

goonie
8th September 2009, 08:43 PM
Don't we already have indro.

I'd like Yeppoon GC

Hux
8th September 2009, 08:44 PM
mate there is east, west, captains, presidents, long pocket amd river courses listed.

Go to igolf.com and search for indro it will bring up the list. Then look at the score card and you can find the one you want. I can download the lot but would be duplicitous I think.

Hux
8th September 2009, 08:46 PM
Don't we already have indro.

I'd like Yeppoon GC

Done - note this has custom points mapped.

When you going up? Mate says it is a good track.

PS No Indro on Henno's download page

henno
8th September 2009, 08:53 PM
mate there is east, west, captains, presidents, long pocket amd river courses listed.

I can almost bet you all of those will be useless except for East, Captains and River.

Hux
8th September 2009, 09:00 PM
So a couple of extras uploaded onto Henno's page.
Toowoomba Middle Ridge
Bargara GC
Yeppoon

Add in
Bonville NSW
Royal Hobart
Tasmania GC

goonie
8th September 2009, 09:26 PM
Let me check I think I have at least one indro map.

goonie
8th September 2009, 09:31 PM
Done - note this has custom points mapped.

When you going up? Mate says it is a good track

Inlaws live in Yeppoon, go up there nearly every second X-Mas, not a bad little track.

goonie
8th September 2009, 11:35 PM
I have both Indro maps, also have north lakes if it isn't on the site, I will upload tomorrow.

goonie
10th September 2009, 08:51 PM
Indro East and West uploaded. But as Henno said they may need updating.
Also added North Lakes, I have Caboolture which I have remapped most holes but missed the par 3 12th which was like 500m out. but I didn't have time as I was measuring my ball for the NTP. I will also update the Carbrook map with custom points after I finish a few more holes.

BrisVegas have you uploaded your custom Brookwater Map yet?

henno
10th September 2009, 08:54 PM
Indro East and West uploaded. But as Henno said they may need updating.

Thanks Goonie. I'll see if I can get out in a cart and check them both in coming weeks.

Hux
13th September 2009, 03:29 PM
PM's to BRISVEGAS, GOONIE, LUCASTO23, IAIN, JAYBAM, JUST, HENNO.

I get 8 participants in the course download deal.

AUD$42.50 rounded down to $5 each

jaybam
13th September 2009, 03:47 PM
Thanks for getting Wolston Park for me mate. Look forward to trying it out when my driver gets here this week.

BrisVegas
13th September 2009, 03:58 PM
payment sent. thanks Hux.

BrisVegas
13th September 2009, 04:00 PM
BrisVegas have you uploaded your custom Brookwater Map yet?

uploaded to where? I can send you my customised one if you like. I'll have to do it at work tomorrow as I have the iGolf stuff on the work computer.

jaybam
13th September 2009, 04:20 PM
Send it to henno and am sure he can add it to our other courses :)

goonie
13th September 2009, 10:01 PM
uploaded to where? I can send you my customised one if you like. I'll have to do it at work tomorrow as I have the iGolf stuff on the work computer.

Get the details from Henno for his website, you can upload it to the site.

Hux
13th September 2009, 10:10 PM
Dion

PM Henno and he will email you the igolf repository address and login details.
You can upload and download to the repository.

henno
14th September 2009, 03:03 PM
PM sent BV.

just
14th September 2009, 03:11 PM
Henno
I'm too lazy to look, is Virginia on the list? Would have been handy today. On second thoughts it wouldn't have made a diffence.

henno
14th September 2009, 03:12 PM
I've already requested it, just. So not there yet.

On second thoughts it wouldn't have made a diffence.

I like to know exactly how far I can't hit it. ;-)

Hux
19th September 2009, 12:53 PM
Virginia uploaded into the QLD section for Just and Henno

Lucasto23
21st September 2009, 08:01 PM
Boys uploaded nudgee north. I just plotted to the front and back of each green as didn't have much time in the comp round to do more. Maybe one of the locals can add more points during a practice round or something;)

Enjoy

goonie
21st September 2009, 09:43 PM
Boys uploaded nudgee north. I just plotted to the front and back of each green as didn't have much time in the comp round to do more. Maybe one of the locals can add more points during a practice round or something;)

Enjoy

Awesome, it's a good start anyway, piss easy for someone else to do the centre's.

goonie
21st September 2009, 09:44 PM
I played Redland Bay Yesterday, and I have to say the mapping was nearly bang on. I am now going to add some custom points and upload it.

BrisVegas
25th September 2009, 07:19 AM
Dion

PM Henno and he will email you the igolf repository address and login details.
You can upload and download to the repository.

ok, I uploaded Brookwater_Golf_Club_BV.glf

Fingers crossed it has my custom waypoints in it.... :? I did the sync thing last night and have a bad feeling it's uploaded the handheld unit FROM the files on my PC. I did a "save" afterwards, which I think is what I was supposed to do. I think I only added one or two points (the bunkers down the left on #1 for instance) since the last time I saved to my PC.

On Sunday we'll be in carts with the big screen GPS anyway.