PDA

View Full Version : QLD PGA at Emerald Lakes - 12-14 november.

markTHEblake
10th November 2004, 10:57 PM
Here is the draw for Friday (delayed one day becuase of the floods).
http://www.pga.org.au/default.asp?pg=VNT&spg=display&articleid=25174

Names to watch
Scott Hend & Peter Senior, no explanation required
Nick Teague, local boy, currently 1st yr Trainee and course record holder.
Kurt Barnes, hits a 3 iron further than most people hit a driver.
Terry Price "The spotted dog".
Adam Blythe and Jason Day - amateurs
Scott Draper - tennis dude.
Jeff Woodland and John Price, been around for longer than EH Holdens
Craig Warren - has the worlds greatest caddie.
Eddie Barr, shooting the lights out on the troppo tour.
there is a bunch of others- pretty good field i reckon.

Free Car Parking but i think entry is 10 bucks per day.

The Shootout is on saturday night, under lights, 10 players, eliminate 1 per hole, winner gets a car.

I'll give a daily report on the essential equipment of the players - namely shirt colours.

Jarro
11th November 2004, 06:47 AM
Terry Price "The spotted dog".

i thought he was called the spotted rock :?

.. so have you still got the caddying gig Blakey :?:

goughy
11th November 2004, 07:16 AM

I think this says it all jarro :lol:

Fishman Dan
11th November 2004, 08:27 AM
Is the course going to be above sea-level by the weekend?

Jarro
11th November 2004, 10:53 AM

I think this says it all jarro :lol:

thanks G-man, i sorta just skipped through blakeys post :roll:

hope Craig Warren is a very tolerant man.

markTHEblake
11th November 2004, 09:44 PM
Is the course going to be above sea-level by the weekend?

I havent seen the course since it flooded - its nothing new, it was actually a requirement of the council approvals that it would hold floodwaters.

see http://www.theblake.net/golf/course.htm for some old pics.

From memory each time it flooded it was fully cleared by day 2, and played on within 4. They played the Pro-am today, and i guess they would have gone flat strap cleaning up the course and the bunkers since monday

Jarro ; its definitely "The spotted dog".

Golfer69; ok it took me a while to work out who Rabs is. You may well be the first spectator to be thrown in a lake.

markTHEblake
12th November 2004, 01:46 PM
I wasnt thinking of getting my own hands dirty, plenty of big blokes around that can do that.

It was pretty windy today, lots of good scores in early, 65's, 66's and one 64. My man had 71, not the best golf and he putted badly. I gave him lots of good reads, he just didnt hit them there....

Grant Dodd in our group shot 67, and looked like he could have had a lot less. He might be up there on sunday.

Saw one orange shirt, looked pretty good. Couple of fellas in lime green collarless shirts. No fashion setters in my group, just standard stuff, white , light blue.

A lot of the marque groups had afternoon hit offs so didnt get to see some of the better fashions, but the boys were haveing a laugh at one of their mates who is using ladies deodorant but doesnt know.

Fishman Dan
12th November 2004, 02:03 PM
...not the best golf and he putted badly. I gave him lots of good reads, he just didnt hit them there....

You can trust this man, he's in finance.. :roll: :-k

Jarro
12th November 2004, 02:32 PM
with the way he's been putting lately, i'd have thought Blakey should have just kept his mouth shut once they got to the green :P :lol:

Jarro
12th November 2004, 03:07 PM
Do you think Blakey will have Warren playing off the backfoot by the end of the week ?

without doubt :wink:

markTHEblake
12th November 2004, 06:25 PM
Golfer69 - members have free entry, whether the security at the gate recognise your card is another thing. They didnt know about it but i convinced 'em.

Flash your membership card and save yourself $10. Parking is free.

markTHEblake
13th November 2004, 10:21 PM
Well it wasnt a great day for my man Rab's Warren. Shot 71 + 71 to miss the cut officially by 1 (55 plus ties). But becuase there were so many at -3, and they were playing 36 tomorrow, they pulled the cut back to -4 which left them with about 53 players.

Highlight of the day was the Purple shirt and yellow trousers by Scott Hend. Defineitely was not Grape. He returned for the Night Shootout, in Black, and Pink trousers, but he lasted one hole, the first knocked out.

The shootout is 10 players, one knocked out each hole. If last place is tied then furthest from hole in regulation is eliminated (except for last hole).

Tamara Johns performance was credible, going out on 13 (4th hole), and she was NTP on the first 2 holes.

The Shootout went to a NTP playoff after a tie at the last, between Nathan Green and Scott Gardner. With a tough pin, from 100 metres Green nearly holed it. Gardner hit a pretty good shot, but 2ft was too hard to beat - so a brand new toyota for Green, who played the dumbest shot i have ever seen in golf, that nearly cost him the car.

On the 12th hole a par 5, Eddie Barr hit from the trees into the creek still 240 from the hole, now laying 3. Needing a miracle to make par, and a good shot to make bogey, he was a dead certainty to be eliminated, unless someone tanked.

Most of the other golfers realising this, hit irons to lay up, knowing full well that Barr was furthest from the green in Reg already. But Green went for the par 5 in 2 from about 270, carved it into the trees and hazard. after a drop, recovery chip into bunker he made a 7. Fortunately Eddie Barr couldnt scramble his up and down, and only manage a 7 as well, and therefore was out.

Great concept this shootout, its like matchplay on a wider scale, becuase when the group is still large - you only have to beat one, unlike Skins where you have to beat everybody.