PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know what I need to Transfer video to DVD

addamsmith
15th July 2008, 06:59 PM
Hi Guys
Does anyone know what I would need to be able to transfer video to DVD and what would be the cheapest way to get the best results.
Can I use my computer and a Video machine (is there any way to link the 2 and what programs if so would I need please.
Any help would be great
Thanks guys
Addam

strata
15th July 2008, 07:39 PM
HI addam.
There are couple of ways the easiest way is a VHS DVD combo put tape in and dub direct to disk.
The other similar way is to connect a vhs player to a dvd recorder audio video input and record.
The computer set up gives more editing control but you must have a way to connect your vhs to it.I use my handy cam as this has av in from the vhs player and firewire out to the pc.In windows windows movie maker is included and will do a respectable job.

markTHEblake
15th July 2008, 07:51 PM
Hi Addam, easiest way is a plain old DVD recorder, i think the cheapest ones are around $200 i think.

Using a computer you have heaps of extra features but it can be quite fickle to get working properly, I dont recommend you go down this path at all, you will only get frustrated.

Firewire cameras are different, but we are talking VHS tapes arent we.

moree golfer
6th April 2009, 09:40 AM
I came across a heap of old videos with some Majors recorded and movies I would like to keep. I have the VHS player/recorder and a DVD recorder but wish to know how do I hook them up?

henno
6th April 2009, 10:00 AM
If you have a capture card and a DVD burner in your computer, just plug your VCR into the component input and record the stream. Then burn that to DVD.

The tuner/capture card will have software of its own to record, and there is a plethora of other programs out there to convert that stream to a DVD-compatible format.

Without a doubt the cheapest option, as tuner cards can be had for $60-70 and a DVD burner for beer money. There is, of course, more stuffing around with software.

moree golfer
6th April 2009, 10:07 AM
I don't want to edit the footage just record it onto DVD, can't I hook the VCR up to DVD recorder inputs and press play and record? I am not the most technically minded person but do try hard to get my head around technical challenges.

henno
6th April 2009, 10:08 AM
In that case, yes.

moree golfer
6th April 2009, 10:11 AM
Thanks Henno. Might give it a go tonight.

oncewasagolfer
6th April 2009, 10:44 AM
I think those vid recorders are much more than $200..I was looking a while ago and couldnt find one under 400.

audi have one for $99 atm doesnt come with a hdd tho. It isnt that hard to connect a video recorder to a dvd recorder I have mine connected through s-video and normal left + right audio then its just a matter of selecting the correct input through the dvd recorder and your away.