PDA

View Full Version : Week Commencing 14th July 2008

Grunt
15th July 2008, 01:33 PM
Jeez that score was bad last week, I shot 27 today and was happy with it. Had a slow day out with Scott & Virge today. We were slowed by the final spot in British Open qualifying 2 groups ahead. Was only 4hours and 35 min but it was the waiting at almost every shot that felt bad. I dragged Scott & Virge down to my level too.

Stats

98 Gross
80 Nett
27 Points
2 Pars
2 Wipes
5/13 Fairways
1 Gir (3 putted it :( )
34 Putts
4/14 Up & Downs
0/2 Sand saves

Overall was better than last week. Still need work on my ballstriking, is very poor at the moment. Short gamer is past poor and just really sucks.

Next Game : Tomorrow somewhere.

Scottt
15th July 2008, 01:39 PM
As Grunt said. The golf was average. 27 for me with 6 fairways and 2 greens. Rolled the Anser nicely though and got another free lesson from Virge!

Grunt
15th July 2008, 01:39 PM
Forgot to add my 10+ lip outs.

Grunt
16th July 2008, 02:51 PM
I'm back!!!

Went out to Bexley GC this morning for a hit on the Open Day comp. Wiped the 1st and was thinking "this is going to be another crap days golf here". Got a point on the second then the flood gates opened, 3 successive pars:lol:. Turned in 20 points. 19 on the back nine to finish with 39. 3 putted the last to take a 4 :-k. Was coming 2nd overall when I left the clubhouse.

Stats

79 Gross
61 Nett
39 Points
4/10 Fairways
6 GIR
34 putts (2x 3 putts)
7 Pars :)
3/11 Up & Downs
0/1 Sand Saves

Next Game: Calderwood GC Tuesday 22nd July

sms316
16th July 2008, 03:12 PM
Where the hell is Calderwood?
:-s

Grunt
16th July 2008, 03:14 PM
Down South inland of Albion Park, it is on my list of NSW courses on Google earth. Do you want that file? I can PM it to you.

Scottt
16th July 2008, 03:22 PM
Not a bad track for a public "family owned" thing. The owner was a cattle farmer who turned his farm, into a golf course. He pretty much built it himself and died just before it was finished. He's buried near the 5th or 6th green, a pretty little par 3 over water.

On the basis of the fact I shot 74 there, it's an awesome course!!

Grunt
16th July 2008, 04:29 PM
I'm back!!!

Went out to Bexley GC this morning for a hit on the Open Day comp. Wiped the 1st and was thinking "this is going to be another crap days golf here". Got a point on the second then the flood gates opened, 3 successive pars:lol:. Turned in 20 points. 19 on the back nine to finish with 39. 3 putted the last to take a 4 :-k. Was coming 2nd overall when I left the clubhouse.

Stats

79 Gross
61 Nett
39 Points
4/10 Fairways
6 GIR
34 putts (2x 3 putts)
7 Pars :)
3/11 Up & Downs
0/1 Sand Saves

got 6th, really happy with my game. Handicap loss of .6, now down to 17.0:lol:

Scottt
17th July 2008, 10:50 AM
Good work Grant.

shazza_rs
17th July 2008, 10:58 AM
I'm back!!!
Stats

79 Gross
61 Nett

I thought that was a great score until i saw that par is 64.

Congrats anyway

Lefty-Draws-It
17th July 2008, 03:13 PM
Took 37 stableford points with 69 off the stick.
Vokey wedge really helped lol with chip ins and about 4 tap in pars in a row!

haysey
17th July 2008, 03:53 PM
79 gross 69 nett (par 70) in the comp at Gordonvale this afternoon.

Was better than working:lol:

Eag's
18th July 2008, 02:38 PM
Played Nudgee South today Single Stab.
My first game since early May so wasn't expecting much, so happy with the result :)

38 pts 2 Wipes
7 Fairways
9 Greens
32 Putts

Courty
18th July 2008, 04:59 PM
Today was show day, so instead of dodging smelly flu-bearing showies, I hit the course with my new irons 8). I didn't actually need them until the 5th hole (driver, wedge for the 1st 4 holes), but the first strike resulted in a birdie. I had 15 pts on the front, thanks to a loose drive and a couple of poor putts, but came home with 18 pts on the back (including another wipe) for a 33. I'm quite happy with that as my swing has been a bit all over the place recently. Hopefully they'll mow the greens before tomorrow so the putting should be a bit easier. :roll:

jaybam
18th July 2008, 05:23 PM
good shooting Eags. Just goes to show sometimes a lay off for a bit helps the golf :)

AndyP
18th July 2008, 07:38 PM
I'm hoping the same for me tomorrow at Nambour. Surely these long breaks I'm taking will reset the swing at some stage.... :roll:

Nice comeback, Eagsy.

haysey
19th July 2008, 12:44 PM
32 points of crappy golf at Cairns this morning.

Actually not bad points wise considering how bad I felt like I hit it.

AndyP
19th July 2008, 02:51 PM
19/07/2008, Nambour GC, Stableford.

11/12 effective tee-shots.
3/18 effective approaches.
7/12 up and down successes.
29 putts.
-----------
10 pars.
4 bogeys.
4 others.

Score (B9 1st) 40-42-82 stab 17-18-35pts (Par 34-34-68 ACR 66)

It's been over 3 weeks since my last game, so I was happy with how I played today. If it wasn't for the wipe on the second last hole, I'd be even happier.

The course was still very wet, so it made the holes longer than usual. And with raised greens, it was sticking in the front and not kicking up. Preferred lies was handy though.

I was very solid off the tee today with the driver. Putting felt great, and the short game was handy (surprising considering how much I play). The irons are a liability. If I could get them a bit closer to my target, my short game might have a better chance of picking up the pieces.

I can't say I'm back in love with the game again. I guess the less frequent golf will continue for now.

Next round: Mega Member Renewal at Colonial, Sunday, 27/6.

Jarro
19th July 2008, 03:47 PM
Played Nudgee South with Eagsy yesterday.

34 stab points with 2 washes (1 lost ball presumed picked up by ****s on adjoining fairway)

fwys - 5
G.I.R - 7
putts 35

jimandr
19th July 2008, 04:16 PM
Golf can be a really unfair game sometimes. I hit the ball really well today. The best ball-striking for a very long time. So why did I record 32 points? 6 double bogeys, five of them as a result of a chip, then 3 putts, thats why. Three of them after hitting a great approach through the back. After a week of windy weather and overnight frosts, the greens are now rock hard and lightning quick, and I couldn't adjust to them.

Fairways = 12 of 14
Greens in reg = 9 of 18
Putts = 38, 1 birdie, 5 threeputts
Up&Down = 0 of 5
Sand Saves = 2 of 3

Courty
19th July 2008, 04:22 PM
32 points of crappy golf at Cairns this morning.

Actually not bad points wise considering how bad I felt like I hit it.

Sounds very much like my day out.
Mike came down from Mareeba for the game, but I wasn't able to treat him to anything remotely decent. I ended up making 33 pts, but it felt heaps worse than that...

How crap were the greens today?

haysey
19th July 2008, 05:05 PM
Sounds very much like my day out.
Mike came down from Mareeba for the game, but I wasn't able to treat him to anything remotely decent. I ended up making 33 pts, but it felt heaps worse than that...

How crap were the greens today?

They were rather nasty, slow and bumpy seemed to be the order of the day.

If I hadn't seen the mower out this morning, I would have said they hadn't mowed em.

Bruce
19th July 2008, 05:07 PM
Par at Mirboo North today and the quarter finals of the President's Cup.

Made the turn with +4 after 6 +s and 2 -s and 2 up in my match. Then I started to run out of steam as I have been pretty crook this week. A fresh round of cold and flu medication stopped the wobbles a bit but I had 3 -s between 10 and 15. My opponent birdied 17 to send up the 18th all square.

He must have felt the pressure more than me as he yanked his drive and his second and futzed around to finish with an 8 while I made a run of the mill bogey to win 1 up.

+1 in the comp and +1 in the match and a 10 goal win to the cats.

Today was a good day. Looks like it will be back up to Mirboo next week as well.

snuffythewonderpilot
19th July 2008, 06:11 PM
played nudgee south last sunday for a round of 89 of the stick just playing socially with the old boy then a corporate day yesterday at horton park played a -4 ambrose and an 81 of the stick so i was pretty stoked with that effort considering the beer that was consumed,:smt038 at the same time did find out though that i have an average ball speed of around 260km/h had to pay the speed gun for charity did so 3 times just another bit of usless info:-k not sure on next game,my wife is buying a membership at nambour golf club for my birthday at the end of the month so probably will be then.

mike
19th July 2008, 09:50 PM
Played @ Cairns with courty .
29 points
8 fairways
4 greens
31 putts
0 sandfly bites

mike
19th July 2008, 09:51 PM
... and yes the greens were a bit ordinary

markTHEblake
19th July 2008, 10:27 PM
Golf can be a really unfair game sometimes.

yeah i know, I had a Van de Velde bounce today. Had a 70m pitch across a hazard to an island green from a bare muddy lie. got it a tad fat and hit stone wall around the green, and ricocheted rightangles out of the hazard finishing 60m from the green, in another muddy bare lie and now trees to get over as well as the hazard.

Hit it fat again, hit the stone wall again and the bastard stayed in that time - what rotten luck :smt013

and to top it all off, i just realised I put the wrong score on my card.....:oops:

AndyP
20th July 2008, 08:03 AM
+1 in the comp and +1 in the match and a 10 goal win to the cats.
You played the comp and your match? I wouldn't have thought that that would have been allowed.

corporate day yesterday at horton park played a -4 ambrose not sure on next gameOne of my group members at Nambour yesterday played in that event. It sounded like he enjoyed it too.

my wife is buying a membership at nambour golf club for my birthday at the end of the month so probably will be then.Nice. I was a country member at Nambour until this year, so if you have any questions, ask away.

haysey
20th July 2008, 11:56 AM
89/79 playing social golf this morning at Cairns with a mate and his wife.

Watching them fight would have been the funnest part of the round:roll:

snuffythewonderpilot
20th July 2008, 05:58 PM
cheers for that AndyP realy appreciate it looking forward to being a member of a club could not find a social club so this was the next best option

kev
20th July 2008, 06:21 PM
<snip> A fresh round of cold and flu medication stopped the wobbles a bit...<snip>

Lucky he didn't call for the drug tester ;)

Nice win Bruce. :smt038

Bruce
20th July 2008, 06:26 PM
You played the comp and your match? I wouldn't have thought that that would have been allowed.

There were no gimmes or concessions so we each submitted a proper card.

Are pseudo-ephedrine, codeine and/or paracetamol on the banned list?

AndyP
20th July 2008, 06:26 PM
cheers for that AndyP realy appreciate it looking forward to being a member of a club could not find a social club so this was the next best optionThe club secretary, Steve, is a great guy. For a "country" club, they've got a cracking website too. There's a pretty good feel about the place, and I like what the greenskeepers have tried. I say tried, because unfortunately things aren't quite working, like the new 6th green, new long 4th tee and 14th tee.

kev
20th July 2008, 06:27 PM
The Dunes today - cold, wet and windy. Managed to surprise myself though.

92 gross / 70 nett
38 points (1 Wipe)
36 putts (1 x 3 putt [bugger], 16 x 2, 1 x 1)
10 Fairways
6 GIR
0 Birdie
5 Pars
8 Bogies
3 Doubles
2 "others"
no sand saves needed! (although there was 1 fairway bunker)

Won the day again, and the same guy that finished runner up last month, was runner up again! He wanted the red this month, but I wasn't giving it up :)

Also got longest drive on the 16th and NTP on the 17th.

cazandpaul
21st July 2008, 03:36 PM
Stableford Team (best 3 scores) - 120 points and good for 3rd - 2 NTP'S so a reasonable day out.

Caz managed to retain her Business Girl's championship - not happy with her last round but did enough early on.

snuffythewonderpilot
21st July 2008, 05:35 PM
yes i know what you mean about the website was on there the other night and it was quite respectable will find out soon enough about the 4th, 6th & 14th because in one exact week i should have that membership in my hot little hands so will make an effort to get a round in on the weekend.