PDA

View Full Version : Best Laser Range finder?

kobbsno10
14th July 2008, 07:17 PM
I was wondering what the best option would be in regards to buying a new rangerfinder? The main brand would be Bushnell but they are a bit pricey! Anyone know of any other option and if so what would the quality difference be?

If Bushnell is defiantly the way to go which one of their models is best and how do they compare in performance?

virge666
15th July 2008, 08:24 PM
Bushnell is the way to go.

ANy of the sport series is fine.

v205
15th July 2008, 08:26 PM
If you want bushnell.. there really only 2 of the latest types with Pinseeker technology to decide on. The bigger 7x magnification that uses 9V battery or the smaller type with 5x magnification that uses the mini 3V CR2 battery.

kobbsno10
17th July 2008, 01:22 PM
I've just bought a Bushnell Medalist Pinseeker on eBay. Got it from the states for just over 300 bucks, Had a look at the prices of similar ones here and there much more expensive to buy here so I'm happy.

virge666
17th July 2008, 01:56 PM
If you want bushnell.. there really only 2 of the latest types with Pinseeker technology to decide on. The bigger 7x magnification that uses 9V battery or the smaller type with 5x magnification that uses the mini 3V CR2 battery.

I used a 1500 Pro Sport with slope yesterday arvo. What a crock. All the cool stuff on it - you cannot use in a tourny.

My Bushnell is 4 years old. It is a Sport 600 Model and forget pinseeker... you don't need it. Go and buy the cheapest sport model you can and just use the scan or precision modes. One bloke said he could land a sport model for $140 from the USA.

I used my one at Ashlar yesterday and measure to drives of over 250m scanning off a ball washer by the side of the tee. I also used it on a couple of 190m+ par 3's scanning the flag ..OR.. plastic ball on the middle of the flagstick.

There is no "new" technology available here that you can use. Just buy the cheapest you can.

leighthebee
17th July 2008, 05:37 PM
I'm interested in the Leupold finders.

Their rifle scopes are more highly rated than Bushnell, yet their Range Finders are less.

New entrants to the market maybe?

virge666
17th July 2008, 05:48 PM
I'm interested in the Leupold finders.

Their rifle scopes are more highly rated than Bushnell, yet their Range Finders are less.

New entrants to the market maybe?

$299 and $399 US . . .

v205
18th July 2008, 10:45 PM
http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/index.php?showforum=239