PDA

View Full Version : Aldila VS PROTO "BY YOU" 60R/S

Captain Nemo
13th July 2008, 01:41 PM
Anyone in Sydney keen on getting one of these shafts in any flex.
Aldila VS PROTO “BY YOU” 60R/S .
These are the real one not the aftermarket 65’s.
I’ve been looking for one for a while and a guy o/s will sell them to me for $60 a shaft and $68 to ship so if we get a few in would save a few $$$’s.
This is his email to me:
RE: Question about shipping for item #260261809243 – Aldila VS PROTO “BY YOU” 60R/S 70R Tour quality shafts‏
From: Gerard Baisch (gbthecoach@hotmail.com (gbthecoach@hotmail.com))
Sent: Saturday, 12 July 2008 6:18:31 PM
To: wazzas@hotmail.com (wazzas@hotmail.com)
Hi the USPS has a 46 inch max of length. Right at the length of the shaft. If I butt cut it an inch and put it in a 46 inch tube I can ship it to you for $67.50. Not worth it for one shaft but if you can get a few friends together I will give you a $60 a shaft deal on them. I dont know what they sell for down under but they are $180 in the stores up here.

Scottt
13th July 2008, 03:40 PM
I'm after one for a 3-wwod, so pref. 85 or 95g shaft in stiff. Let me know and I'm in for a bulk ship.

markTHEblake
13th July 2008, 03:47 PM
sounds impressive, but he has always listed these shafts very cheaply and nobody is buying them.

You would think that at the price people would be all over them.

Captain Nemo
13th July 2008, 07:01 PM
He has told me he has trouble sending them because of length limits to Australia?
Scott send me your private email ill touch base with him tonight, where are you in Sydney?

3oneday
13th July 2008, 07:04 PM
He sold the first one for $99.99, the 2nd for $64.99. I'm with MTB, if he were legit why can't he shift them ?

Captain Nemo
13th July 2008, 07:35 PM
Good question?

markTHEblake
13th July 2008, 07:38 PM
He has Buy it Now, US$200 for 3 shafts. They should be selling like hotcakes/

Captain Nemo
13th July 2008, 07:58 PM
I'll ask him to provied serial no.s etc...See what he comes up with!

TheNuclearOne
13th July 2008, 08:08 PM
The VS Proto's have come down in value and prestige quite a bit. At least one mob had the OEM VS Proto 65's selling by the absolute dozens for peanuts a little while back which changed things a bit.

As for the real bit, many many people debated it out and i am not quite convinced they weren't the real mccoy in a different weight. Saw some good back and forth debate on that one.

3oneday
13th July 2008, 09:09 PM
The 65's are a mass produced shaft and should have been cheaper, the tolerances are probably average at best.

TheNuclearOne
13th July 2008, 09:33 PM
The 65's are a mass produced shaft and should have been cheaper, the tolerances are probably average at best.

Good point, but they sold like hotcakes. $70 - $75 is the going rate for the 60's and 70's on ebay now from genuine sellers. Gerard has some good backup credentials and i'm sure they will be ridgy didge. These are a fantastic shaft for the present going rate, very solid indeed. Superb value for money.

3oneday
13th July 2008, 09:43 PM
Gerard has some good backup credentialsfrom the sale of two shafts ? Sorry, I only looked at what he sold this year.

If someone hasn't sold for 12 months and has just started selling again, that is a concern. Can you see what was sold in '07 ?

You buy on ebay through informed decision... why is this guy suddenly in possession of legit VS proto with no established record of selling them ? It could well be a great bargain and I really like VS proto shafts, but not for mine sorry.

Don't forget, you can get a high feedback rating from selling <<enter product here>> ;)

TheNuclearOne
13th July 2008, 10:53 PM
from the sale of two shafts ? Sorry, I only looked at what he sold this year.

If someone hasn't sold for 12 months and has just started selling again, that is a concern. Can you see what was sold in '07 ?

You buy on ebay through informed decision... why is this guy suddenly in possession of legit VS proto with no established record of selling them ? It could well be a great bargain and I really like VS proto shafts, but not for mine sorry.

Don't forget, you can get a high feedback rating from selling <<enter product here>> ;)

One can never be too careful i guess. I looked him up outside ebay ;)

Captain Nemo
14th July 2008, 08:34 AM
This was Gerards response:

They dont have serial numbers I can show you photos and you can see my feedback. They are legit. I got a deal on 300 of them last year. What is frustrating is I try to sell them for what they are worth and get no takers and then I discount them to cost (to try and keep my golf center open) and of course people wonder if they are legit. As it is through paypal I gaurantee if they are fake or pulls I offer a 100% refund even with the shipping. I bought them through an OEM that got a discount as they were going to put them in heads and sell as a completed club (Aldila charges less that way) I guess the owner wanted to make a buck and he sold myself and anouther guy selling a bunch on ebay a large bunch of them. I guess perhaps I should charge more for them. I am now just trying to clear them at cost.

Captain Nemo
14th July 2008, 11:48 AM
Latest email:
I'm keen to buy 3 and offlaod the rest as i've had no luck getting a second hand one and they are pricey here.

To: wazzas@hotmail.com
Subject: RE: Question about shipping for item #260261809243 - Aldila VS PROTO "BY YOU" 60R/S 70R Tour quality shafts
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2008 18:24:08 -0700

I totally understand being concerned. My other comment is as a brick and morter store (www.simplygolfutah.com (http://www.simplygolfutah.com/)) I would be nuts trying to pull a fast one with shafts. I would love to get more then what I am for these shafts but the ebay world prices are low. I am amazed the amount of intrest out of your nation on these shafts. I wish there was a single drop ship down there someone could make some money

TheNuclearOne
14th July 2008, 02:24 PM
Bump for this and....

3oneday - did you ever in your travels hit the new Nike Sumo2 Tour?

3oneday
14th July 2008, 03:51 PM
3oneday - did you ever in your travels hit the new Nike Sumo2 Tour?no, from what I read there was one big difference between this and the 5900... it has the word Tour on it :shock:, oh, and an expensive shaft.;)

Nike has neglible resale over here, I can't see the value in spending $500 + for something no one will want after me, not even Perci would want one of these ! :lol:

rick3003
14th July 2008, 03:53 PM
not even Perci would want one of these ! :lol:
I would :)

3oneday
14th July 2008, 03:56 PM
pfft, no room in your bag with 4 sets of irons :p

Pinglauncher
14th July 2008, 05:32 PM
I would :)

I would like to hit one as well except I don't think they come with Seniors shafts or enough loft :wink:

TheNuclearOne
14th July 2008, 06:00 PM
no, from what I read there was one big difference between this and the 5900... it has the word Tour on it :shock:, oh, and an expensive shaft.;)

Nike has neglible resale over here, I can't see the value in spending $500 + for something no one will want after me, not even Perci would want one of these ! :lol:

Hahaha, fair enough. Surely you had an interest tho? :twisted:

markTHEblake
14th July 2008, 06:59 PM
If I butt cut it an inch and put it in a 46 inch tube I can ship it to you for $67.50.

This shaft is meant to be Tip trimmed - so wouldnt taking an inch off the butt stuff the shaft stiffness up?

TheNuclearOne
14th July 2008, 07:37 PM
No tip trim for a driver, and an inch for a 3 wood. Even with an inch off the butt there is a huge amount of shaft to play with. It still equates to a 46 1/2 inch driver uncut in a standard bore and with the further inch off the tip for a fairway it's still a couple of inches minimum longer than a standard 3 wood length.

robbo1111
15th July 2008, 10:54 AM
You can buy the VS Proto from Carnegie Clark in Sydney for $90 (on special) or $120 fitted
I have one in my Cleveland "big dog" , I rate them highly

Captain Nemo
15th July 2008, 11:17 AM
Thanks Robo, will give them a ring.
Just rang can do 60s for $130 fitted!

3oneday
15th July 2008, 11:35 AM
Probably not a bad price, given the hassle of getting the butt trimmed by old mate, gripped and fitted etc.

G10 is such a good club ;)

markTHEblake
18th July 2008, 11:16 PM
worth reading if your still interested.
http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/lofiversion/index.php/t147803.html

if you like getting more confused that is....

3oneday
19th July 2008, 03:10 AM
worth reading if your still interested.
after reading I'd say it was debatable... debatable that it was worth reading :lol:

markTHEblake
19th July 2008, 07:58 AM
yeah, despite finding out more about it, i was no more informed.

Captain Nemo
23rd July 2008, 10:28 AM
My point exactly for wanting a 60s.
I know for a fact from a few professional mates of mine, and the guys from Ping that the oem's 55,65,75 etc are not as high grade in material and q.a specs as the 60/70 etc...
You can get plenty of mint pulled cond 65's, and new ones cheap, but id rather pay a bit more for the real deal!
Just my opinion.