PDA

View Full Version : WA People

Tongueboy
10th July 2008, 08:11 PM
Any sandgropers on the forum? Looking for information on Perth and the best areas to live and the undesirable areas as well!
Looking at a job over there and want to get the guts on what I can.

Courty
10th July 2008, 08:21 PM
Live south of Perth (anywhere between Perth & Mandurah). Beautiful location, and some great courses nearby.

PeteyD
10th July 2008, 08:26 PM
They shoot rabbits over there

Tongueboy
10th July 2008, 08:29 PM
They shoot rabbits over there

not nice

PeteyD
10th July 2008, 08:37 PM
:D

Never been to Perth, but would like to visit it one day

adlo
10th July 2008, 09:16 PM
Tell us more info on what you are after and will try and help.

Tongueboy
10th July 2008, 10:13 PM
Tell us more info on what you are after and will try and help.
Hi adlo! mate just looking at rentals and possible purchase of something suitable(apartment,unit)have applied for work over there and just want to get local knowledge of the area. Only me and the missus so nothing huge.
Have been trolling the real estate sites but they don't tell you much.
Just sticking my toe in the water....got to get the job first!

welshy
10th July 2008, 11:24 PM
I lived there back in 98 - Northbridge close to city was a good area back then - sacrborough north of the city was good too

adlo
11th July 2008, 12:16 AM
Hi adlo! mate just looking at rentals and possible purchase of something suitable(apartment,unit)have applied for work over there and just want to get local knowledge of the area. Only me and the missus so nothing huge.
Have been trolling the real estate sites but they don't tell you much.
Just sticking my toe in the water....got to get the job first!
Hi mate,

Happy to help any way I can. Both buying and renting are overpriced here unfortunately. I work mobile so pretty familiar with all the areas of Perth, from Joondalup to Mandurah, I have been there. What do you like? I have a distinct preference to city life or the beach so I will be biased if you don't tell me a few criteria. I am not a fan of our urban sprawl, so would probably point you away from our endless suburbia.

simmsy
11th July 2008, 10:14 PM
gday mate,
I live in perth also and yeah it would really help if you give some indication as to the type of lifestyle you want to have over here -
near beach or river
close to perth
close to one of the other hubs ie- Mt lawley, vic park, freo
give us a few ideas of what you and your missus are looking for and we'll try and nail down some general areas.
Like Adlo said perth prices are exxy at the moment average rent is now up around $350-$400 for a place 10km from perth city.

let us know.

simmsy...