PDA

View Full Version : Parking In Disabled Spots

sms316
9th July 2008, 11:27 AM
I think it is a dog act. maybe I am becoming a bit of a nark in my old age, but since I moved to an office overlooking the disabled spots, I have noticed that there must be at least a dozen lazy pricks a day who park there, use the ATM and then nick off.

I actually have a great pic on my mobile of an ACT Govt car parked there, but I don't have a cable to send it to my PC. If I did I would send it to the ACT Govt just to stir crap up.

:evil:

Jarro
9th July 2008, 11:41 AM
I think it's perfectly acceptable.

If you're disabled.

AndyP
9th July 2008, 12:32 PM
What are the odds of three disabled people turning up in separate cars at once?

What about the 'parents with prams' parks?

BrisVegas
9th July 2008, 12:39 PM
This is beginning to sound like a Seinfeld episode...

FWIW, the only people I see using the disabled parks are the fat ****s and bogans. I guess they're disabled in their own way....

sms316
9th July 2008, 12:39 PM
I'm close enough to be able to see their permits. 3 have parked in the last 20 mins without them.

Agree about parents with prams. That can never be policed though (although a child seat should be a giveaway).

Courty
9th July 2008, 05:57 PM
They are discriminating against me because I don't have a child!

dc68
9th July 2008, 06:34 PM
What about spots for Titans fans?

Webster
9th July 2008, 06:38 PM
I reckon they have too many disabled spots and why are they are always the best spots. What a waste!. Most of the nuffy's who can park in the disabled spots have a motorised wheelchair in the car anyway (and if they dont then they aren't really disabled enough to have a sticker on their car) so they should get the spots up the back of the car prak because they have a little motorised car to drive them all the way up the front unlike us poor buggers who have to park up the back and walk the furtherest!. Its a friggin rort I tell you!

AndyP
9th July 2008, 07:38 PM
They are discriminating against me because I don't have a child!Just buy a kiddie seat to put in the back. We park in them even when we're not using the pram. ;)

Courty
9th July 2008, 07:51 PM
The only places I've seen them is in the shopping centres. What can they do about it? They can't fine me.

kev
10th July 2008, 09:37 AM
The only places I've seen them is in the shopping centres. What can they do about it? They can't fine me.

Yes they can. Just as they can fine you if you park for longer than any time limit in the car park.

It's quite funny, when I pull into the disabled bay (with a sticker on the car) and I always get glared at by middle and old aged women, when I hop out. It's not until I get my (nearly) 5 year old out with her walking frame that they suddenly come out with "oh how sweet", and "isn't she cute". And I'm there thinking "you were ready to lynch me 30 seconds ago"...

PeteyD
10th July 2008, 10:43 AM
I don't see a problem with it. I also leave my trolley in the nearest empty car space, or against a pole cos I am too lazy to walk 50m and put it in a trolley bay. I also get mad at parking inspectors when I park illegally cos it was 'only for a minute'. And I piss on the seat of public toilets, throw my rubbish out the window of my car as I drive along, get in the T2 lane on the M1 and drive at 85 kph and any other asshole acts I can think of.

Courty
10th July 2008, 04:22 PM
Yes they can. Just as they can fine you if you park for longer than any time limit in the car park.

No they can't. It's not a public road, so the Council can't touch me. I can't see how the centre management would have the power or jurisdiction to enforce any penalties either.

AndyP
10th July 2008, 05:39 PM
They can have an agreement to enforce it or something like that. That's what the University site does.

kev
10th July 2008, 05:52 PM
^ What AndyP said. Quite often you see inspectors going around shopping centres putting chalk marks on tyres, and issuing infringement notices. In Melbourne anyway. May be different up there.

Courty
10th July 2008, 08:12 PM
^ What AndyP said. Quite often you see inspectors going around shopping centres putting chalk marks on tyres, and issuing infringement notices. In Melbourne anyway. May be different up there.

OK. Never heard about that. They don't do it here, anyhow.