PDA

View Full Version : Week Commencing 7th July

Grunt
7th July 2008, 04:43 PM
I have set the standard for the week, no one can play worse this week and perhaps this year!

Played Bonnie Doon G C this morning, should have stayed at home:oops:. Bob Hawke must have read the current Golf Australia this morning with his breakfast. As I was in the pro shop getting my card and filling out the visitors book, he was in the line behind me. He says " hey aren't you in this months Golf Australia?" to me. I was thrown totally off, did not know what to say.

After that I went to the 1st tee, should have gone to the carpark.

Golf Stats

110 Gross :smt087
93 Nett:oops:
14 points (10 Wipes):smt013
2 Fairways
2 GIR
2 Pars
39 Putts
1/11 Up & downs
0/2 Sand Saves

Sort of happy I never gave up but it was painful. I was embarassed by how bad I scored. I am not going to let this beat me, I beat a brain tumour so this is a mere speed hump. A good thing I guess, was that every hole I finished so the wipes were just tap in wipes, not pick up 100m out ones. (I need to take something positive out of this)
Another thing notice was Brett Ogle filming his Golf Show behind the 18th green. I hope I have not got in any of that, it would eternalise this crap round forever if I were to be seen on The Golf Show.

Next game; Monday or Tuesday next week.

let the sledging begin,

Eag's
7th July 2008, 04:48 PM
Might be time to look for another sport Grant :lol:

Jarro
7th July 2008, 04:50 PM
Give the game away for a while Grant

Grunt
7th July 2008, 04:51 PM
Give the game away for a while Grant Yeah I am, 7 days.

3oneday
7th July 2008, 05:39 PM
What did you say to Bob ?

Grunt
7th July 2008, 05:47 PM
What did you say to Bob ?

Think it was something like "Ahh yeah" then "thanks"

Bruce
7th July 2008, 06:43 PM
I don't want to put the mocker on you Grunt but
http://ozgolf.net/forums/showthread.php?t=7720

AndyP
7th July 2008, 08:03 PM
Your scores never cease to amaze me, Gruntus. Great stuff!

Grunt
7th July 2008, 08:07 PM
Bunnies Won!!!, did I play golf today?

Courty
7th July 2008, 08:10 PM
Bunnies Won!!!, did I play golf today?

FFS, keep it in the NRL thread. :roll:

haysey
12th July 2008, 04:42 AM
Annual Glaziers Golf day at Cairns Golf Club yesterday.

Our fourball played ok for a nett 62.

Winners were four 27 handicappers who had 54.5 nett:roll::lol:

Courty
12th July 2008, 07:40 AM
Annual Glaziers Golf day at Cairns Golf Club yesterday.

Are there enough of them here to hold a golf day? :?

haysey
12th July 2008, 12:17 PM
Are there enough of them here to hold a golf day? :?

Surprisingly, yes.

We had 50 players yesterday and probably could have had 80 odd. Mind you thats players coming from between Innisfail and mossman and the tablelands.

Had 33 points at Yorkeys Knob this morning, nothing good, plenty of bad.:smt013

BrisVegas
12th July 2008, 03:24 PM
4BBB Club Champs today. 34 points. It was off the plates, which was a bugger as my partner was a veteran who normally plays off the golds. I had 33 points on my own, which I'm not unhappy with. Better than recent outings.

markTHEblake
12th July 2008, 05:14 PM
He says " hey aren't you in this months Golf Australia?" to me. I was thrown totally off, did not know what to say.

Great stuff Grant - you should have offered him your autograph.

Grunt
12th July 2008, 05:26 PM
Great stuff Grant - you should have offered him your autograph.

Yeah like autographed my scorecard after the crap round. May have seen it on ebay later that day:lol:

Courty
12th July 2008, 06:54 PM
Individual stableford today. Even with a pre-round range session, I couldn't find my swing. I had 12 pts on the 1st (back) nine with 3 wipes. However, I managed to put a few good shots together on the par 5 18th (our 9th) to make a birdie. That seemed to trigger something and I began to stripe it on the 2nd (front) nine. I hit about 7 greens in a row but unfortunately couldn't sink any of the birdie attempts. I finished with 19 pts for a total of 31.

Edit: That was probably my last round with the RAC TP Combos. The Mizuno's will be here early next week. :twisted:

Grunt
13th July 2008, 07:13 AM
Nice Scratch win yesterday, 3OneDay.

sms316
13th July 2008, 07:26 AM
Foursomes yesterday. My partner had serious distance control issues with the putter. Seriously felt like throwing a punch after the 16th.

I gave him a clap when he hit the green on 18 to give me my second birdie putt of the day. A nice 80 to be 6 behind.

Topper4000
13th July 2008, 07:30 AM
I have set the standard for the week, no one can play worse this week and perhaps this year!

Played Bonnie Doon G C this morning, should have stayed at home:oops:. Bob Hawke must have read the current Golf Australia this morning with his breakfast. As I was in the pro shop getting my card and filling out the visitors book, he was in the line behind me. He says " hey aren't you in this months Golf Australia?" to me. I was thrown totally off, did not know what to say.

After that I went to the 1st tee, should have gone to the carpark.

Golf Stats

110 Gross :smt087
93 Nett:oops:
14 points (10 Wipes):smt013
2 Fairways
2 GIR
2 Pars
39 Putts
1/11 Up & downs
0/2 Sand Saves

Sort of happy I never gave up but it was painful. I was embarassed by how bad I scored. I am not going to let this beat me, I beat a brain tumour so this is a mere speed hump. A good thing I guess, was that every hole I finished so the wipes were just tap in wipes, not pick up 100m out ones. (I need to take something positive out of this)
Another thing notice was Brett Ogle filming his Golf Show behind the 18th green. I hope I have not got in any of that, it would eternalise this crap round forever if I were to be seen on The Golf Show.

Next game; Monday or Tuesday next week.

let the sledging begin,

You played better than me, I walked after 6 holes.
Wipe on the first.
two points on the second.
four putts from 2 foot for a wipe on the third
Shank on the fourth from 100 out straight OOB.
Three points on the 5th
6th pull hook off the tee straight OOB, I through my club, which I've never done before, hung my head, said sorry to every one for beening a wanker, put my tail between my legs and went home.
So not only did you play better than I, you are the better golfer because the game didn't bet you.
I'm going to hang the clubs up for abit.

sms316
13th July 2008, 07:37 AM
Has Grunt ever racked up a nett ton?

Grunt
13th July 2008, 07:45 AM
Has Grunt ever racked up a nett ton?

Don't think I have:-k

3oneday
13th July 2008, 07:52 AM
Thanks Grant, bit of a :shock:... no other A graders must've played :lol:

Grunt
13th July 2008, 08:00 AM
A win is a win, been quite a while since I had a win of any type.

Dazza
13th July 2008, 10:27 AM
Had a bit of a shocker myself today.
Went for a quick 9 this morning.
Shot 55, included a nine and an eleven. (Twice in water on one, altercations with trees on the other) Managed one par.
15 Putts total, which I was quite happy with. Not a 3 putt in sight!
Chipping was also good, but still need to work on shot selection.
Couldn't find my rhythm with the driver today, only hit two fairways.
Nickent 3DX DC Utilities worked bloody well from all lies, top clubs there.

Fiance also played today (Vision Impaired)
She purchased a set of ladies clubs mid-week (PGF Ladies Driver, 3 Wood, 3/4 Hybrid, 5/6 Hybrid, 7-SW Irons) all graphite. Man what a difference it made!
Managed to shoot 66 off the stick.
Absolutely smacked the driver off the tee, she hit every fairway!
Needs to work on her short-game, it dragged her down in a big way today.
Not bad for her first round with the new sticks.

Bruce
13th July 2008, 04:21 PM
Stab at Mirboo North. My first round in months at my home track.

36 points with 38 putts!! Which must be some sort of record. Was very happy with my game from tee to green but found the transition to the slow greens at Mirboo hard to make. Putted like an absolute spastic and 3-putted the first 3 greens with 2 more later in the round.

I also snuck into the last qualifiers spot for the President's cup. So I have hastily arranged things to allow me to head up next week (and the week after and the week after if necessary). My first real matchplay other than Ozgolf days and I am really looking foward to it.

It also means I accomplished one of my goals for 2007. To have 3 consecutive rounds of 89 or less. So going back I have 89 at Mirboo, 88 at Growling Frog and 86 at Moonah Open. I was pleased to drop to 18hcp but this means I am playing to it which is the next milestone along.

oz
14th July 2008, 06:26 AM
A pretty shabby nett 76 for me in the stroke round at Howlong on Sunday. Good start, solid finish, and just rubbish in the middle. True to form (of late).

Grunt
14th July 2008, 06:53 AM
Stab at Mirboo North. My first round in months at my home track.

36 points with 38 putts!! Which must be some sort of record. Was very happy with my game from tee to green but found the transition to the slow greens at Mirboo hard to make. Putted like an absolute spastic and 3-putted the first 3 greens with 2 more later in the round.

I also snuck into the last qualifiers spot for the President's cup. So I have hastily arranged things to allow me to head up next week (and the week after and the week after if necessary). My first real matchplay other than Ozgolf days and I am really looking foward to it.

It also means I accomplished one of my goals for 2007. To have 3 consecutive rounds of 89 or less. So going back I have 89 at Mirboo, 88 at Growling Frog and 86 at Moonah Open. I was pleased to drop to 18hcp but this means I am playing to it which is the next milestone along.

How'd the Bridgy 3i go Bruce?

Bruce
14th July 2008, 07:08 AM
Indifferently. I found it tough to get up in the air. 1 good shot of the tee and 2 poor ones off the deck with it.

Grunt
14th July 2008, 07:13 AM
Indifferently. I found it tough to get up in the air. 1 good shot of the tee and 2 poor ones off the deck with it.

Really? I found it easier to get off the deck than the tee. I used to hook it off the tee.

markTHEblake
14th July 2008, 06:21 PM
A win is a win, been quite a while since I had a win of any type.

Oh I dunno about that, getting recognised by the greatest Prime Minister ever has gotta be considered a win of sorts.

Grunt
14th July 2008, 06:27 PM
Well I guess it is but was a little ah how do you put it, awe struck. I still remember him in that dodgy suit after Austraila II won the America's Cup.

AndyP
14th July 2008, 07:01 PM
The only time I played Bonnie Doon I saw Bob Hawke in the clubhouse. He must be a bit of a regular around the place.

I also saw Mario Fenech out the front. That was the highlight of my life. :roll:

Grunt
14th July 2008, 07:03 PM
Bob Hawke is not the highest profile celeb I have ever met.

markTHEblake
14th July 2008, 07:07 PM
So when you have your head inside an engine do the qantas celeb customers come over to
watch and say stuff like 'whats its like to work on one of these babies?'

Grunt
14th July 2008, 07:07 PM
maybe.

sms316
15th July 2008, 07:18 AM
Bob Hawke is not the highest profile celeb I have ever met.
Ooh ooh!! Opportunity for a name drop!

Played 18 holes with Brian Lara, and then went out on the piss with him.

PeteyD
15th July 2008, 07:45 AM
but did you get laid?

sms316
15th July 2008, 07:49 AM
but did you get laid?

Not by him.

After the game I drove him to the airport to pick up some chick called Karrie that he pulled in Adelaide, and had flown over for some aerobic action. It was pretty cool driving around Canberra, and seeing the look on people's faces when they saw him in the car when we stopped at a traffic light.

All this while he was on the mobile to Warney (and SMS trying to listen in).

PeteyD
15th July 2008, 08:01 AM
Haha Warnie and SMS is funny in itself!

Ralph
15th July 2008, 01:50 PM
I had my first comp and played the worst I have played this year. I expect a handicap in the high 20's. But Sunday's game was terrible. Clearly a bit of nerves playing with random people i dont know. I knew it was going to be shite when i had 2 air swings on the first tee. I havent done that in over 3 months since i started playing regularly. The front nine were a complete write off and the back nine better, but still a VERY ugly day.

I hope members at Ashlar are understanding...... (the couple i played with on Sunday were great!)

dazzgolf
15th July 2008, 08:19 PM
played saturday and sunday last weekend, played the semi finals of the club match play champs against a young bloke at the club. This young guy shot 9 under last year to win the champs so i had to be on my game, i wanted to take him to 18 at least, i ended up going to 21 holes with him with the last 3 holes in the dark and lost on the 21st after hoking my ball in the drink.
Then i backed the next day for the interclub match play, went 17 holes and won 2&1. cant wait to get back to just playing a round of golf.