PDA

View Full Version : TaylorMade Clubs

Grunt
6th July 2008, 03:24 PM
With Jaybam announcing he has switched to TM R7 Irons it got me thinking.

How many OzGolfer's now have TaylorMade Irons in their bags now?
Seem to be quite a few with a variant of the R7 range.

3oneday
6th July 2008, 03:29 PM
I would say 4, maybe 5 people.

jaybam
6th July 2008, 03:38 PM
I still rate the Bridgestones as the better club though these are just more forgiving and they do feel good. Straighter also, but being a bit chunky on the top line is a put off :)

Dazza
6th July 2008, 03:40 PM
I'm currently weighing up my iron options, but won't make a change until after August.
R7 Draws seem to be good value from the US at the moment, but I already have a nice draw with most irons. I certainly don't want to turn it into a hook!!!
Am also considering the GC OS Irons from Bridgestone.
Plenty of time to decide, cause I got no spare cash thanks to the wedding!

gazgolf1
6th July 2008, 03:52 PM
Great bats the R7 TP's but I like my Ping i5's better,maybe its the lie angle,maybe its the lighter shafts,dunno. :)

dc68
6th July 2008, 04:01 PM
TM CB Miuras for me.

Courty
6th July 2008, 04:04 PM
I've got RAC TP Combo's in the bag, but only til the new irons arrive next week. 8)

peter_rs
6th July 2008, 04:25 PM
tp mb...

adlo
6th July 2008, 06:40 PM
I gamed my old mans RAC LT's for a while and really liked them. TM make some great clubs. I currently have a few TM clubs in the bag, but not irons. TM need to slow down the release of new models just a tad IMO.

Grunt
6th July 2008, 06:54 PM
Yes Adlo they are bringing them out real quick at the moment, but it does make it easy to get not so old ones cheap though.

Jarro
6th July 2008, 06:56 PM
R7TP's4me

markTHEblake
6th July 2008, 07:19 PM
TM are going to have to seriously consider some new technology soon, they cant keep reducing lofts forever. I guess they could change the logo - yeah that would do it.

3oneday
6th July 2008, 07:28 PM
R7TP's4meoi

raidrboy
6th July 2008, 07:40 PM
With Jaybam announcing he has switched to TM R7 Irons it got me thinking.

How many OzGolfer's now have TaylorMade Irons in their bags now?
Seem to be quite a few with a variant of the R7 range.

Add me to the TM irons as well as driver, 3 wood, and wedges. Great clubs. Well they are for me anyway.

Scottt
7th July 2008, 09:07 AM
I love my R7TPs.

talbo
7th July 2008, 09:24 AM
How many of you guys are playing R7 TP irons with PX or DG shafts?

chappy1970
7th July 2008, 09:26 AM
Seriously considering a move to the RAC LT's, I know they are a little old now, but really like the way they set up.
Carry a RAC 52 degree wedge and considering picking up a RAC 48 degree wedge and taking the PW out of the set.

I gamed my old mans RAC LT's for a while and really liked them. TM make some great clubs. I currently have a few TM clubs in the bag, but not irons. TM need to slow down the release of new models just a tad IMO.

Scottt
7th July 2008, 10:17 AM
How many of you guys are playing R7 TP irons with PX or DG shafts?

Yeah, mine have DG R300 in them.

My previous set were Titty DCI990s with Rifle 6.0s, which might explain why the R7s suit my 92-95mph swing a bit better!

Johnny Canuck
7th July 2008, 11:33 AM
TM 300 forged. Love em' and wouldn't change given the chance.

adlo
7th July 2008, 11:50 AM
Seriously considering a move to the RAC LT's, I know they are a little old now, but really like the way they set up.
Carry a RAC 52 degree wedge and considering picking up a RAC 48 degree wedge and taking the PW out of the set.
I don't think irons have made much progress from these technology wise. From a forgiveness POV, from such a nice looking iron, these are right up there. And cheap now, too!

virge666
7th July 2008, 11:51 AM

If you get teh chance - TM came out with 2 or 3 sets that were just outstanding.

RAC TP CB/MB combo sets... blades and cavilties all perfectly matched and balanced - sensational set.

RAC TP 2 - Didn;t last long but great looking and feeling set.

Muira Forged RAC CB's - like the combo but cavs all teh way through.

These 3 sets are better than the LT's IMHO.

TheNuclearOne
7th July 2008, 11:55 AM
R7 TP's coming.

chappy1970
7th July 2008, 01:26 PM
Virge, which of these is the more forgiving?

virge666
7th July 2008, 02:25 PM
Virge, which of these is the more forgiving?

The TP2's are the pick.

But they are "players clubs" thin topline - forged - soft and yummy.

PeteyD
7th July 2008, 04:48 PM
Better than the Miura forged? Which ones are they?

virge666
7th July 2008, 09:28 PM
Better than the Miura forged? Which ones are they?

The TP2's are a more forgiving clubhead.

The Muiras are sensational but they don't love you.

benstone
8th July 2008, 11:21 AM
TM 300 forged. Love em' and wouldn't change given the chance.

Me too. I have had them for years, tried to go to Cally X16's but couldn't live with looking down at them and so went back to the 300's. Playing them with the Flighted Rifle 6.0's and am going to get some Star Wrap Smoothee's put on. I am also going to remove the paintfill as I don't think I will ever sell them.
I have set myself a goal of getting to a single figure handicap by the start of next year, and at that point I may well get some Miura CB201's which are the nicest irons I have ever hit.

virge666
8th July 2008, 05:09 PM
Me too. I have had them for years, tried to go to Cally X16's but couldn't live with looking down at them and so went back to the 300's. Playing them with the Flighted Rifle 6.0's and am going to get some Star Wrap Smoothee's put on. I am also going to remove the paintfill as I don't think I will ever sell them.
I have set myself a goal of getting to a single figure handicap by the start of next year, and at that point I may well get some Miura CB201's which are the nicest irons I have ever hit.

You cannot go from 300's to X16's... just not possible. You may as well throw brocks at the ball.

I think I have a set of the more forgiving 320's sitting in my workshop... heads only if anyone is interested,

And a person who actually likes the smoothies... wow. How do you hold the club in the wet... ?

benstone
9th July 2008, 05:20 PM
You cannot go from 300's to X16's... just not possible. You may as well throw brocks at the ball.

I think I have a set of the more forgiving 320's sitting in my workshop... heads only if anyone is interested,

And a person who actually likes the smoothies... wow. How do you hold the club in the wet... ?

I tried to change to some shovels to see if I could rescue my game, but I found that a couple of lessons and a lightbulb going off helped more. Funnily enough, I got the X16's from you !
As for the smoothees, are they really that bad in the wet ? I have tried Willow's Miuras that have smoothees on and they feel fantastic dry. I know Dave really likes them. Of course, it may not be a problem as I don't play in the rain :lol:.

virge666
9th July 2008, 06:05 PM
I tried to change to some shovels to see if I could rescue my game, but I found that a couple of lessons and a lightbulb going off helped more. Funnily enough, I got the X16's from you !
As for the smoothees, are they really that bad in the wet ? I have tried Willow's Miuras that have smoothees on and they feel fantastic dry. I know Dave really likes them. Of course, it may not be a problem as I don't play in the rain :lol:.

You know how Willow is now - being a family man and all... he has always had wraps on his clubs. To be honest on the Muira's you could tape cardboard to them and they would feel great.

They are dead set awful in the wet... but if you don't play in the wet - who cares.

:)

I love the sidewinders, they are tour velvets that never wear out or go hard. i have been pulling out old shafts that have been in storage for over 12 months with these grips - give them a rub with a towel and they are perfect.

Prefer the Lamkin torsion control for the woods though.