PDA

View Full Version : New Irons

naragah
8th November 2004, 08:21 PM
I recently had a set of Nike Pro Combo on sale for a mate and as of yesterday they had not sold.

I ended up buying them for @ really low price so am undecided as to keep them or not I have hit them and hit them well at the moment though I have the grips off them and am going to remove the plugs out of the shafts(who ever put them in is either very shoddy or blind) they range from 1/2" to 1 3/4" !!!

The question is are they any good for a 15 marker? and how durable are they? given that I play on a lot of "bush" tracks.

goughy
8th November 2004, 08:29 PM
Durability is always an issue when you play on 'rough' tracks. One of the reasons I got rid of my 300's is because our clubs range was gonna eat them up sooner rather than later.

But, if you like them and they were pretty cheap, what have you got to lose. You may still get your money back after 6mnths or even a year.

naragah
8th November 2004, 08:38 PM
Getting my money back isn't really an issue I really got a good deal.

But as you say durability may be an issue atm we can't water fairways much because of drought so they may be on the shelf for a little while yet.

Then again they will have to be pretty solid to shift the Cobras.

though they do feel nice to hit with

decisions decisions :roll: :roll: :roll:

Fishman Dan
8th November 2004, 10:01 PM
Mate let me know how you go, because i saw a set pass by me today on eBay. I'm an 18 chopper, but i was 16.0 at the start of the year and i've all over the shop.

Called one place who told me that are a 'progressive' set, 3-6 irons are cavity, 7-and on add a little more blade to each.

McMw
8th November 2004, 11:55 PM
even tho they're progressive irons...they're still a players club IMO...

need a decent swing to use them effectively...kinda why I never showed much interest in them... :lol:

but if the opp to get a set for chips...I'll reconsider... :wink: