PDA

View Full Version : Week beginning Mon 8th November

Jarro
8th November 2004, 03:02 PM
79 (+ 8) at caboolture today :D

Played with AndyP, Blakey, Amanda & Brad .. thanks for a great days golf folks 8)

AndyP
8th November 2004, 06:35 PM
Caboolture GC

6/13 fairways
7/18 greens
34 putts
---
6 pars
9 bogeys
1 double
2 triples

88 (33 points)
Not too shabby.

markTHEblake
8th November 2004, 10:42 PM
For two blokes who are the slowest twosome I have ever seen playing golf, you sure got your scores posted quick.....

McMw
9th November 2004, 12:48 AM
after the 91 yesterday....I was determined to get back out there to stop the rot...

hit 5 greens....6 fairways...
left a lot of birdie putt short (damn the fast greens yesterday)...
then had a brain fart on the 8th....another slicer OOBs... :roll:
bird on the last made it better tho... 8)

Jarro
9th November 2004, 01:51 AM
For two blokes who are the slowest twosome I have ever seen playing golf, you sure got your scores posted quick.....

we just couldn't wait to tell everyone that we kicked your arse Blakey :wink:

does that bag of yours feel a little heavier :?: :roll:

AndyP
9th November 2004, 10:38 AM
:roll:
We were actually only a hole behind the group in front, before the OZgolf group behind us went for a wander when they finished the ninth.
As a result, we let a group with two blokes and a kid sharing a cart through, so you could catch up. No wonder we fell behind. :smt011

Jarro
10th November 2004, 12:44 PM
41 stableford points today at Nudgee :D ( I won OCB) 8)

78 off the stick, must be doing something right for a change :roll:

BrisVegas
10th November 2004, 12:47 PM
41 stableford points today at Nudgee :D

Good shooting jarro! You're coming into the North Lakes game with some hot form. It's gonna be a shootout between you and AndyP!!

AndyP
10th November 2004, 12:56 PM

Nice hitting. Form seems to have continued from Caboolture.

Down to 11 now maybe?

Jarro
10th November 2004, 01:03 PM

Nice hitting. Form seems to have continued from Caboolture.

Down to 11 now maybe?

not sure AndyP :?

we'll have to see how hard the course was rated today .. it was a bit wet, and ALL the bunkers were GUR, so maybe it won't be rated as hard as normal.. i don't know :?

i was just happy to be hitting more than my usual amount of fairways :D

3oneday
10th November 2004, 01:05 PM
So, should we have a wager on how long our respective new drivers stay in the bag :P :roll: :roll:

Pete :lol:

Jarro
10th November 2004, 01:10 PM
So, should we have a wager on how long our respective new drivers stay in the bag :P :roll: :roll:

Pete :lol:

you're on mate :wink:

hows the 580 going by the way :?:

Flowergirl
11th November 2004, 02:17 PM
Well - I'm back from a 3 day golf clinic at Yarrawonga ( on the border). Had lessons in the morning and played in the afternoons. I have never played such crap golf for over a year!!!!! Great - after the lessons I now have a lovely slice!! I know that it all takes time - but hey I was pretty ok witth my long game before. :wink:
I know I should have left all the new thoughts on the range - but I thought I'd give it a try.
The short game lessons however were really good. Just the basics - but thats all I need to know.
Hopefuly I'll get to play tomorrow if it stops raining and get back to "normal".
Don't take me wrong - I know the pro knows what he's talking about - I'm just not capable of doing what he wants - yet - but I will work on it. :wink:

Onewood
11th November 2004, 10:48 PM
Flowergirl :roll: you had .3 to go to reach your goal for the year and you went and had a lesson :? remember if it aint broke don't fix it :D

Good luck with the new power swing :wink:

Flowergirl
12th November 2004, 08:54 AM
Flowergirl :roll: you had .3 to go to reach your goal for the year and you went and had a lesson :? remember if it aint broke don't fix it :D

Good luck with the new power swing :wink:

I know - I know - I should be content with want works for me and not worry if it's not technically "correct". I'm going out this morn for a quick nine and I'm going to forget what I learnt. :roll:

drunken
12th November 2004, 01:58 PM
Had 32 points this morning.

3 wipes & 5 one pointers :roll:

Came home with 18 points in the last 7 holes.

Jarro
12th November 2004, 02:53 PM
Had 32 points this morning.

3 wipes & 5 one pointers :roll:

Came home with 18 points in the last 7 holes.

.. and i'll bet you've been thinking "what if" ever since you got home from the course :roll:

nice shootin mate, pity about the wipes :evil:

drunken
13th November 2004, 01:07 PM
Nice early tee of this morning.

36 points with two wipes & two 1 pointers.

Hit the ball fairly well, but had 38 putts :shock: with 3 three putts :evil: #-o ](*,)

AndyP
14th November 2004, 12:47 AM
Played at Northlakes today with the gang.

I hit the ball great , but my score of 36 points doesn't really reflect that. Three wipes in the first four holes because I couldn't figure out how to get out of bunkers was just a little annoying (10 bunker shots in the first five holes). :smt011

10/14 fairways.
5/18 GIR.
32 putts.
----
4 wipes. :x
2 1-pointers.
3 2-pointers.
8 3-pointers. :shock:
1 4-pointer. :D
----
36 points. 8)

Jarro
14th November 2004, 06:14 AM
23 points at Northlakes yesterday :oops:

drove the ball OK, just didn't handle the bunkers very well... took 2 shots to get out of them far too often.... and i didn't handle the speed/hardness of the greens at all :!: Makes it a different game when you have greens that are very hard to hold with approach shots.

AndyP
14th November 2004, 11:13 AM
just didn't handle the bunkers very well... took 2 shots to get out of them far too often....
And here I was, thinking I was the only one having significant trouble in them. :)

I actually hit some nice bunker shots by the end of the day, probably because I spent so much time in them earlier on. :roll:

Jarro
14th November 2004, 11:24 AM
just didn't handle the bunkers very well... took 2 shots to get out of them far too often....
And here I was, thinking I was the only one having significant trouble in them. :)

I actually hit some nice bunker shots by the end of the day, probably because I spent so much time in them earlier on. :roll:

same here, i think by the end of the day i was trying to clip the ball out of the bunker, rather than play the conventional 1 " behind the ball :x

Eag's
14th November 2004, 11:28 AM
Had 29 points at Northlakes
Fairways 7/14
Greens 6/18
Putts 35
Bloody bunker shots 14 :evil: had no idea out of them :smt017

Iain
14th November 2004, 11:45 AM
28 Points at NL's. Had 1 point in the first 4 holes and way too many wipes.... :oops: :oops:

Ended up driving the ball resonably well, took out the Long Drive. :wink:

Pretty Average day really... :roll:

Iain

Onewood
14th November 2004, 12:10 PM
16/16 = 32 points at northlakes.

The best recovery of my day was slice into the water on the 3rd :cry: OK 3 off the tee (no shot on the hole) down the middle, 4th shot to 6 feet and sick the putt for a 5/1 8) pretty consistent day with only 1 wipe.

Just for the record I played the bunkers well :P hit three out of four greens from fairway bunkers and 1 from 1 sand save 8) seeing we have no bunkers at Logan I was very happy with my bunker play :D

Courty
14th November 2004, 10:03 PM
After the satisfaction of winning the A Grade Monthly Medal and breaking into single figures, the honeymoon was over yesterday. 28 points (14 each side) was the best I could do, although I might have cracked the 30 point barrier if I could have found my 2nd shot on the last hole :roll: . The highlights were few & far between, the pick of the bunch being holing out my bunker shot on the par 4 15th (Index 1). I need to go back to the range :x :?
PS... I'm still as happy as a pig in the proverbial as my new car arrived this week. :twisted:

Onewood
14th November 2004, 10:12 PM
After the satisfaction of winning the A Grade Monthly Medal and breaking into single figures, the honeymoon was over yesterday. 28 points (14 each side) was the best I could do, although I might have cracked the 30 point barrier if I could have found my 2nd shot on the last hole :roll: . The highlights were few & far between, the pick of the bunch being holing out my bunker shot on the par 4 15th (Index 1). I need to go back to the range :x :?
PS... I'm still as happy as a pig in the proverbial as my new car arrived this week. :twisted:

Hey hang in there buddy :P I was waiting to see how the new handicap went :D couple of weeks and you'll get used to it :wink: "but last week I got 4 for 3 on that hole" but not this week :lol: :lol:

Courty
14th November 2004, 10:41 PM
Hey hang in there buddy :P I was waiting to see how the new handicap went :D couple of weeks and you'll get used to it :wink: "but last week I got 4 for 3 on that hole" but not this week :lol: :lol:

Thanks, Kev. I'm not too concerned with being able to play to the new handicap. I know I'm capable of it, but yesterday there was something fundamentally wrong with me alignment. I felt as though my stance was open to the target, but when I checked, it was actually closed :shock: ! I'll work on it this week and make sure next week I get myself down to 8 :wink:

cazandpaul
15th November 2004, 05:46 AM
Cazand I played 4B aggregate - 67pts (Caz 36 Paul 31 :oops: ) - not even close to a ball and another week of dishwashing :(

Fishman Dan
15th November 2004, 09:07 AM
Played American 4somes, fun format but a lot of walking, especially if your two drives are in opposite directions. Played with a massive chunk of a man, a cop who worked and grew out in the Wild West - he was simply huge. His opening drive was about 50 metres past mine, and i didn't miss mine! His biggest was on the downwind 330 mtr 17th - his drive coming to rest about 20 metres off the green.

In all we were too wayward and didn't put 2 balls in the right spot each hole, which cost us a Keno ticket at the end of the day. Good group, and good sledging all day.

No highlights, but it was hilarious seeing skied drives coming back at us.

amanda
15th November 2004, 09:19 AM
Caboolture on Monday - some score in the 20s - I don't quite remember - had a fun day though.
NL on Saturday - 34 points with 3 wipes. I think I hit every fairway but one (bad bounce :? ). I also couldn't get used to the bunkers - I even took to going out of them sideways instead of towards the flag (it didn't help)

BrisVegas
15th November 2004, 09:24 AM
Played North Lakes (who didn't??!! :lol: ) on Sat for an 85. 8 fairways, 9 greens and 38 putts....

Played the back 9 at Brookwater yesterday and had 36 (par) off the bat. 5 fairways, 7 greens and 16 putts. Won the nearest to pin on the 16th (then missed the bird from 5 feet).

I putted much better at Brooky due mainly to knowing the greens better. Had a few lip outs, but never had a second putt longer than 2-3 feet. Unlike NL, where I left a bunch waay short or long, resulting in 6 three putts. I was using that Titleist Bullseye putter of davidp's and it went great! I really liked the feel of it. Seems like it just swings back and through so square! Awesome! Thanks again mate! 8)

Flowergirl
15th November 2004, 10:02 AM
Played on Saturday in appalling conditions........grrrrrrrrrrr........first round of the mixed forsomes club championships. My partner and I didn't feel that we played very well but thought we had done enough to keep in the running for next week. Anyway our 87 was enough to be leading the gross and we are coming second in the nett. As I mentioned the conditions were shocking - but I was amazed that 87 would be the leading score. ( we are playing off 16)
We won the event last year so it would be nice to come up back to back.

andylo
15th November 2004, 01:23 PM
Conclued from last 3 weeks and I can confidently say I shoot like piece of crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

I talked to my swing coach yesterday and he will reassess my current swing before the lesson this Tue, and I will FORGET absolutely EVERTHING I had learnt.... and start from the grip like a beginner.

drunken
15th November 2004, 04:09 PM
I will FORGET absolutely EVERTHING I had learnt.... and start from the grip like a beginner.

Mate please don't tell me you're going to go for another swing??? Stick with the one you've got. Just go out & play some golf..... :roll:

andylo
15th November 2004, 04:20 PM
Its not what you think... don't worry.

McMw
16th November 2004, 12:33 PM
Jean and I took a trip to KK and stayed over at Sutera Harbour over the weekend (LONG WEEKEND HOLIDAY FOR US HERE)...

Flew in on Saturday, Played Sunday, Flew out Monday...

Played Sutera (Stay and Play Package), and I hooked up with a BSP staff and played 18 off the tips.
I started off bad....and was 5 over after the 9... :roll:
But bird on 10 and 11, and 18 meant I came back in with 38 for a 79 total...so gotta be happy with that... :D

Drove badly at the start, but midway thru the front nine, tried something different, and managed to get my drives going better....and hit some absolute corkers.... 8)

putting was crappy...but the greens were damn slow...

Jean showed signs of brilliance...but the rest were on holiday... :lol:

Amanda...PM me your postal address...I got some details of Sutera and Karambunai package which I'll post if you want them... :)