PDA

View Full Version : handicaps

slicer
2nd July 2008, 08:51 AM
do we have a day through the year to qualify for match plays tourneys etc?
then these cards can be kept by the pres, sec etc for reference and handicaps adjusted accordingly?
although i dont have a handicap as such ,when i play huntingdale every year for their charity day which is a couple of weeks away if anyones interested to play on the day give them a buzz, the cards are kept from the previous year giving a fairly reliable source. maybe when the weathers better hey!

AndyP
2nd July 2008, 09:02 AM
Why do you need to qualify? If you want to play, you can.

slicer
2nd July 2008, 09:13 AM
maybe theres people out there who say they are a 34 hcap when actually they are 10 ! called some people cheaters !! they wouldnt all just want to have a fun day out and have a game like most of us ..some want to win ..

Scottt
2nd July 2008, 09:24 AM
Our champs, correct me if I am wrong, are played using official GA handicaps, no?

sms316
2nd July 2008, 09:42 AM
maybe theres people out there who say they are a 34 hcap when actually they are 10 ! called some people cheaters !! they wouldnt all just want to have a fun day out and have a game like most of us ..some want to win ..
Good point. Jack plays off about 3, but he is probably a plus 2 marker.

Bruce
2nd July 2008, 09:52 AM
Are you sure on that one SMS?

His golflink record is up to date.

sms316
2nd July 2008, 09:57 AM
I've played with Jack. He's a flusher.

This must be a Melbourne thing - optional comp/social on Sundays so no effect on Golflink. He's better than 3.

AndyP
2nd July 2008, 10:05 AM
maybe theres people out there who say they are a 34 hcap when actually they are 10 ! called some people cheaters !! they wouldnt all just want to have a fun day out and have a game like most of us ..some want to win ..Most OZgolfers have Golflink records that can be checked. It's not like there are big prizes on offer anyway.

Our champs, correct me if I am wrong, are played using official GA handicaps, no?Correct. We had one player last year without a current handicap. They played off scratch.
But I don't think the matchplay stuff is as serious.

sms316
2nd July 2008, 10:07 AM
If anyone pulled a cheating stunt they wouldn't last long around here.

BrisVegas
2nd July 2008, 10:15 AM
OK, you got me. I played off 8 last year, but I'm really an 18hcap.

swanny
2nd July 2008, 11:58 PM
Hey slicer why dont you post some detailon the huntingdale day

slicer
3rd July 2008, 12:30 AM
ok swanny .. wheres that course pic from ?

slicer
3rd July 2008, 12:34 AM
its

slicer
3rd July 2008, 12:38 AM
its 90.00 , corporate day, shotgun start,12 star bbq drinks,
not sure what day the cut off is or numbers needed but if i knew if anyone is interested would make enquirees swanny, just finished work and dont no who won
origon ..

v205
3rd July 2008, 01:50 AM
Slicer, try this out. In your last officially marked card round of stroke play, take the total and minus all strokes on holes that are over a double bogey. That should give a pretty decent mid (10+) to high handicapper (20+) rating. Single handicappers are likely to have an official handicap anyway.

slicer
4th July 2008, 10:37 AM
thanks v205

the update on the huntingdale charity day is run by the rotary group and the course lends itself out on that day which last year upset quite a few members !!
they had to play at kingston tch tch ha am still trying to get in touch with the organisers about spare spots will keep posted