PDA

View Full Version : Local Postage question

andylo
8th November 2004, 09:45 AM
I am planning to sell my beginner set with the Nike standbag along with it on ebay

But this morning I take it to the post office close to my work place and they dunno what to do with it!! :lol:

So I need advice from you guys that how much the postage approx will be? And how should I post it? I want to post it on ebay ASAP.

If possible give me a few options I can choose from

Thanks in advance guys :)

macleod
8th November 2004, 11:32 AM
with the stand bag as well that will bring the cost up a bit as postal stuff works on cubic volume.

normally, you could send just the irons in a standard club box for around $20-$25.

with the bag as well....that gets a little messy.

anoyone else here sent both items?

Fishman Dan
8th November 2004, 11:38 AM
A-Lo, go to a golf shop and get some of their old equipment boxes. Package it all up, and take it to the P.O. and they'll tell you the price.

macleod
8th November 2004, 11:40 AM
yeah, pack it up best you can first using a box fro golfworks at the gabba and then see what it theoretically will cost.

they have spare bag boxes most of the time lying around and are glad to clear them away.

see if they have ones that had stand bags in them, should reduce the cubic volume some

markTHEblake
8th November 2004, 10:24 PM
How much are you selling the bag for, i need a travel bag, my old one has had it.

andylo
9th November 2004, 09:06 AM
Will only sell the bag with the club set so sorry Blakey :?

goughy
9th November 2004, 05:18 PM
Jaster sent a bag from someone at our club once. In a box it was some astronimical price. He took it out of the bag a wrapped it in bubble wrap and it was significantly cheaper. It was a staff bag too.

I've heard that it can be cheaper to send the clubs and the bag seperately.

davidp
9th November 2004, 05:28 PM
You should think about selling the bag separately A-Lo. It is a lot less hassle on the postage side.

Remember that the Courier-Mail WeekEnd Shopper does free ads for items below $100. :D

Also, if your parcel exceeds the Australia Post measurements, you will have to go to a Business Centre which is a pain in the ar$e. I've made the trip weekly for the last 3 weeks... :evil: