PDA

View Full Version : Callaway Fitting Centre Sydney

Captain Nemo
24th June 2008, 01:52 PM
Has anyone been to the new Callaway Fitting Centre in Sydney?
I have been disinchanted with my Titleist 755’s for a while lately, reshafted them twice and still not happy with them so thinking about getting a full set custom fitted.
A Pro mate of mine said this Fitting Centre is unbeliveable, he guarantees that they will be the best fitted clubs you will get in terms of head/shaft combination!

Grunt
24th June 2008, 01:59 PM
Where is it? thought the only one was in Melbourne.

Captain Nemo
24th June 2008, 02:01 PM
Alexandria, Mcevoy St.
P.S Anyone interested in a mint set of 755's

Virgal_Tracy
24th June 2008, 04:18 PM
Has anyone been to the new Callaway Fitting Centre in Sydney?
I have been disinchanted with my Titleist 755’s for a while lately, reshafted them twice and still not happy with them so thinking about getting a full set custom fitted.

Not only will it coat you $$$ to change but you'll need a new user name

Captain Nemo
24th June 2008, 05:19 PM
True!
Went down this afternoon for a look, very impressive, I think its time fot the Titty's to go.
Have booked in for a fitting next week, dont mind handing over the hard earned if it benefit's my game and makes it more enjoyable.
Keep you all posted.

markTHEblake
24th June 2008, 05:40 PM
A Pro mate of mine said this Fitting Centre is unbeliveable, he guarantees that they will be the best fitted clubs you will get in terms of head/shaft combination!

Sure thing, its a fitting station with scores of options, no doubt they can find one that suits.

But how confident are you that the production lines in Mexico or Asia who pay assemblers $0.50 an hour will assemble those clubs to exactly how you were fitted?

lucky
24th June 2008, 05:47 PM
Good point. Would be interested to know after you do it if they check the specs before you walk out with them.

Captain Nemo
24th June 2008, 06:10 PM
Absolutely.
I spoke in length to the Pro running it and he assures they will be spot on.
If not you can take them back until you are happy.
You must also buy from a Callaway stockist and in my case Powergolf in Sydney has a loft and lie machine etc, so if you are not happy they will check them and get the problem sorted.
Sure it cant beat taking a few different set ups of irons to the range or out on the course but i think it takes alot of the guess work out of it.
I've tried nearly every major iron shaft out there in the past few years and just dont want to fork out another $280+ to reshaft my Titty's again!

Grunt
24th June 2008, 06:11 PM
So is it at PowerGolf or just nearby?

Captain Nemo
24th June 2008, 06:50 PM
Nearby, 5 minutes away.
The are probably the outlet i would order at if i did go thru with getting an new set.

Jarro
24th June 2008, 07:12 PM
better change your username then ;)

miro
25th June 2008, 03:22 PM
Was chatting to the Callaway rep the other day and he told me it had just opened.

I have had the full Callwaway treatment in the USA (incl a few special non public things thanks to a friend). I will be interested to hear how they do it and whether the process is the same as the USA.

Keep us informed.

Webster
25th June 2008, 03:43 PM
I have had the full Callwaway treatment in the USA (incl a few special non public things thanks to a friend).

Do they do custom fitting for those special shoes you wear Miro? Didn't realise they were Callaways.

Captain Nemo
25th June 2008, 04:35 PM
Lad's, Ive booked in for next Friday.
Will keep everyone posted, the 755's might go.

braddles
26th June 2008, 11:05 AM
I have been to the Callaway Fiiting Centre in Melbourne. The fitting went for 1.5 hours (driver and irons) and cost $100. It was great fun! I already have x-forged irons with Project X 6.5 shafts and that was the recommendation from the guy - they just needed to be bent 3* upright.

He also fitted me into an FT-5 8.5* with x-stiff epic shaft. He did mention that a number of the other shafts were fine, including the stock speeder. The FTi LCG with ozik shaft had similar numbers, however I preferred the feel and sound of the FT-5.

I would definitely recommend you go and check it out.

Brad

Scottt
26th June 2008, 04:15 PM
Do they do custom fitting for those special shoes you wear Miro? Didn't realise they were Callaways.

instep grooves so they're as playable from the rough as the fairway?

Planet Golf
8th March 2009, 09:12 PM
How was the fitting at the Sydney Callaway fitting centre? how much did it cost? what did you end up purchasing?

Scottt
8th March 2009, 09:22 PM
http://www.ozgolf.net/forums/showthread.php?t=10181

My guess is he must have selected X20 tours.

Peter
9th March 2009, 08:11 PM
I visited the Sydney centre recently and thought it was fantastic. I would highly recommend it (even if you don't like Callaway clubs).

Planet Golf
9th March 2009, 09:56 PM
I believe that this could be $$ very well spent. Will make an appointment for this month and report back. THanks to all

CallyFTi
3rd April 2009, 11:58 AM
I also went to the Callaway fitting centre here in Melbourne as my HG's were rather....ancient. I had my heart set on the X20 Tour irons, but got the X-Forged with Project X-flighted 6.0 shafts instead due to how they felt and the fitters recommendations. The fitting centre was the best $100 I spent, they bent over backwards to make sure everything was spot-on and it was. I was very impressed, and so was the missus who wanted to be sure before we forked out our hard earned coin. I can highly recommend going, I used to hate Callaway stuff, but now I love it.