PDA

View Full Version : UST Proforce V2 question

talbo
17th June 2008, 06:16 PM
I really like the feel of my 905R with the UST Proforce V2 shaft, the club feels real solid on impact.

Is this the shaft that makes the 905R feel solid because I'm thinking of putting the same shaft in my 3 wood and can't get my hands on anything at the moment with the V2 shaft already in it to try?

goonie
17th June 2008, 08:04 PM
906F2 3 woods come with a V2 shaft option standard. I would think most good driving ranges would have some demos, my range does.

BrisVegas
17th June 2008, 09:30 PM
in my (albeit limited) experience, the UST V2 is a better fairway metal and hybrid shaft than it is a driver shaft. I love the 90gram in my 3 wood and the 104gram worked very well in a 585H that I stupidly sold.

talbo
17th June 2008, 09:38 PM
906F2 3 woods come with a V2 shaft option standard. I would think most good driving ranges would have some demos, my range does.

I haven't seen any with V2 shafts but I have a couple of Titleist dealers near me I'll try. Ta

goonie
17th June 2008, 10:28 PM
I don't think it is a std shaft in the new 906F4 thou

mikezone13
17th June 2008, 10:35 PM
I have a heavy v2 in my V steel 3 wood.. it might be for sale very soon.

Also got the V2 in my driver and it isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

talbo
18th June 2008, 09:39 AM
Thanks guys. I think I'm going to go with one of these in my 3 wood, just have to decide whether it's worth putting into the Mizzy 001 3 wood head.......

BrisVegas
18th June 2008, 10:08 AM
given the strength of the aussie $$, it's probably cheaper to buy a 906F2 with the V2 shaft from us ebay than to reshaft your mizuno here.... Mine was about A$150 shipped, which is exactly how much it cost to have a driver reshafted not long ago...

talbo
18th June 2008, 10:33 AM
given the strength of the aussie $$, it's probably cheaper to buy a 906F2 with the V2 shaft from us ebay than to reshaft your mizuno here.... Mine was about A$150 shipped, which is exactly how much it cost to have a driver reshafted not long ago...

Yes they're cheap in the US. The Titleist site isn't real clear on the differences between the 906F2 and 906F4, anyone have any ideas?

BrisVegas
18th June 2008, 10:40 AM
906F2 is deeper face, lower trajectory & spin. The F4 is a shallow face, higher trajectory & spin. Both current model, just suited to different players.

goonie
18th June 2008, 01:25 PM
You might want to be careful of buying the 906F if you are thinking of removing the shaft for your Mizzy as I think they are a full bore which might make it tricky. Maybe do a search on ebay under fairway woods for V2 and see what you come up with, or put a WTB post in the Pro Shop here, someone might have one.

talbo
18th June 2008, 04:00 PM
thanks guys.

If I go for a Titty 906 with a V2 in it then I won't reshaft the Mizuno

virge666
18th June 2008, 05:02 PM
I really like the feel of my 905R with the UST Proforce V2 shaft, the club feels real solid on impact.

IMHO - the best value shaft on the market.

The new MOI is counterbalanced for a bit of extra distance. The fairway shaft seem to kick in all the right places.

Nt a fan of the Hybrid shaft though . . . prefer the IRod in the Hybrid - lower torque.

I use to charge about $120 to reshaft a wood with a V2

talbo
18th June 2008, 05:51 PM
IMHO - the best value shaft on the market.

The new MOI is counterbalanced for a bit of extra distance. The fairway shaft seem to kick in all the right places.

Nt a fan of the Hybrid shaft though . . . prefer the IRod in the Hybrid - lower torque.

I use to charge about $120 to reshaft a wood with a V2

So it is the V2 that makes my 905R feel solid... Is that what you're saying?

I realise what feels "solid" to me might be something completely different to someone else but I've got a feeling I need to get me a 3 wood with a V2 or put a V2 into my 001 :mrgreen:

Courty
18th June 2008, 05:52 PM
I've just taken the V2 out of my V-steel. It just wasn't doing it for me.

talbo
18th June 2008, 06:05 PM

That was X flex though wasn't it?

Courty
18th June 2008, 06:06 PM
Nope. I had the x-flex V2 High Launch in my driver. The 3 wood was a stock standard s-flex V2.

virge666
18th June 2008, 06:28 PM
So it is the V2 that makes my 905R feel solid... Is that what you're saying?

I am sure it helped - but the 905R head is a pretty solid feeling head.

Not what you would call a forgiving head, she is old school out of the centre solid.

The v2 just reflects that in the feedback.

virge666
18th June 2008, 06:29 PM

Was it the fairway shaft or a cut down driver shaft ?

Courty
18th June 2008, 06:30 PM
Was it the fairway shaft or a cut down driver shaft ?

Can't remember... ask 3oneday. :roll: :lol:

talbo
18th June 2008, 06:35 PM
I am sure it helped - but the 905R head is a pretty solid feeling head.

Not what you would call a forgiving head, she is old school out of the centre solid.

The v2 just reflects that in the feedback.

My 905R is staying in the bag for a long time, I consider it really forgiving and it's got at least 20-30m on any other driver I've tried.... which I admit isn't many.

virge666
18th June 2008, 09:12 PM
My 905R is staying in the bag for a long time, I consider it really forgiving and it's got at least 20-30m on any other driver I've tried.... which I admit isn't many.

I love guys who try and argue with something that is bleedingly obvious.

The 905R is a low MOI driver - low MOI means not forgiving. Like a r510TP it is very brutal on off centre hits. But on a centre hit, the ball usually goes an extra couple of percent further as more weight is behind the hit. Just like the same reason blades go further than perimeter weighted irons.

Hit a 905R off the toe by about an inch or so, then go and do the same thing with G10, Nike SQ or Burner driver. You will notice a HUGE difference in distance and accuracy. (The new Burner just amazes me how much I can mishit it, there is some clever shit in that club)

You simply have a driver that suits your swing, and now that you have found it - the golf ball is reacting correctly off the clubface.

Rejoice in your finding and Enjoy, but please don't try and tell me the 905R is forgiving... because it can be a pig of a club when it's argumentative and has got the face on

:D

talbo
18th June 2008, 11:57 PM
I love guys who try and argue with something that is bleedingly obvious.

The 905R is a low MOI driver - low MOI means not forgiving. Like a r510TP it is very brutal on off centre hits. But on a centre hit, the ball usually goes an extra couple of percent further as more weight is behind the hit. Just like the same reason blades go further than perimeter weighted irons.

Hit a 905R off the toe by about an inch or so, then go and do the same thing with G10, Nike SQ or Burner driver. You will notice a HUGE difference in distance and accuracy. (The new Burner just amazes me how much I can mishit it, there is some clever shit in that club)

You simply have a driver that suits your swing, and now that you have found it - the golf ball is reacting correctly off the clubface.

Rejoice in your finding and Enjoy, but please don't try and tell me the 905R is forgiving... because it can be a pig of a club when it's argumentative and has got the face on

:D

I'm a little suprised that it's considered not very forgiving with 460cc, but like I said I haven't hit many drivers in my time. I don't go to shops or driving ranges and hit the 'latest greatest'

BrisVegas
19th June 2008, 08:02 AM
There's forgiving and then there's "forgiving" iykwim. I find that I hit my 400cc driver out of the toe a bit and it still goes ok. If I tried that with my old 975D or Bertha, it'd be a worm burner hook. Like talbo, I haven't tried all the latest and greatest stuff, but those modern 460cc ones that i have tried seemed to all feel the same. ie. everything comes out high, spinny and straight. I couldn't see much difference between the good hits and the not-quite-good-hits... Is there something new out there that's still rewards the good hits with a nice flat, long result?

FWIW, 905R & V2 is a very solid combo. Adam Scott, among others, has played it for a long time despite the newer 907 range coming out.