PDA

View Full Version : Adams Ovation 3 wood.

gazgolf1
6th November 2004, 10:14 AM
Happy to report my Ovation 3 wood with the NV65 has 3 rounds under the belt and is firmly in the bag.
It seems to put less spin on the ball than my previous TM 200 tour so the ball flight is a lot flatter and feels hotter.I can work it both ways and it feels very easy to hit a little fade when I absolutely have to hit the fairway.
Distance seems above average with about 210m off a tee and about 200m from the fairway ,thats about all I want and expect from a 3 wd.
All in all I think I've found my 3 wood. 8)

Jarro
6th November 2004, 11:13 AM
they sound alright Gaz, everyone that's tried them says they are the bees knees ....

.. is the NV the stock shaft in these :?:

might have to start trolling on Ebay to find one i think :wink:

gazgolf1
6th November 2004, 11:30 AM
they sound alright Gaz, everyone that's tried them says they are the bees knees ....

.. is the NV the stock shaft in these :?:

might have to start trolling on Ebay to find one i think :wink:

I know Aldila make the stock shaft but I've heard it is not an NV.
This is the one I got;

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7107705497&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT

The non-tour ones are a lot cheaper. :wink:
But then again if you want Tour issue.
:roll:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=36201&item=7111920000&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Jarro
6th November 2004, 11:49 AM
thanks Gaz 8)

McMw
6th November 2004, 02:05 PM
who cares if the stock is not an NV....still a bloody good shaft (IMO)... :wink:

Jarro
6th November 2004, 02:13 PM
who cares if the stock is not an NV....still a bloody good shaft (IMO)... :wink:

i personally don't give a rats arse what the stock shaft is, i just noticed that all the clubs i've seen have NV"s in 'em :?

andylo
7th November 2004, 10:13 AM
The stock shaft of the 3 wood is NV green colour, but it doesn't play like a NV to me...

But it is still a good shaft :D

By the way gaz, how to you manage to make the seller post to Aus?

gazgolf1
7th November 2004, 10:52 AM
By the way gaz, how to you manage to make the seller post to Aus?

I just asked him Andy....usually the bigger sellers will ship to Oz even if their listing says US only.
Just make sure to ask for USPS. :wink:

andylo
7th November 2004, 11:03 AM
Thanks gaz :)

Have you try the retail? Can you tell me the difference between tour and retail Ovation?

McMw
7th November 2004, 11:43 AM
so how exactly does an NV play like then??? :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

gazgolf1
7th November 2004, 01:48 PM
Thanks gaz :)

Have you try the retail? Can you tell me the difference between tour and retail Ovation?

Only hit a retail with a reg flex shaft but felt great,easy to get in the air and nice distance.
Mine has a slightly deeper face and hits lower. 8)

Jarro
7th November 2004, 02:19 PM
i was REALLY looking forward to trying out one of these today .. pity about the weather :?

hopefully they'll have a demo or 2 at Nudgee that i can try out :roll:

andylo
8th November 2004, 09:34 AM
so how exactly does an NV play like then??? :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Not as energertic feel... hard to explain with my poor english lango....

Put it this way, in a reg flex the "twist" on the retail Ovation is more than the NV I used to have.

But again... different head (Sonartec) :p