PDA

View Full Version : Golf Gloves

aussiemuggolfer
17th June 2008, 02:36 PM
Some advice needed on golf gloves. I do not normally wear one. Maybe i should. What advantage if any does wearing one give you or is it just a personal preference. Most pro's seem to wear one for the driver and then take it off.

Cheers. :?

PeteyD
17th June 2008, 02:40 PM
Some reasons:

You get a golf tan, left hand white, right hand tanned.
You can take it off when putting and leave the fingers waving from your hip pocket. this shows everyone how professional you areSeriously though, it has to do with grip and feel. If it is damp or sweaty I like to use one. If it is dry tend to play in the flesh. It is not normally dry enough here.

sms316
17th June 2008, 02:40 PM
Most pro's seem to wear one for the driver and then take it off.

Huh?
:shock:

Jarro
17th June 2008, 03:29 PM
I used these for a while and found them to be very durable and great feeling gloves :

http://www.kakadugolfglove.com/index.html

I got them a while ago though and they were much cheaper :(

AndyP
17th June 2008, 07:35 PM
It helps keep the hands soft for those special times alone.

Jarro
17th June 2008, 07:36 PM
It helps keep the hands soft for those special times alone.

Doing it tough in the NT are you Pee ?

Colin
17th June 2008, 11:04 PM
I pretty much always wear them - I keep meaning to take them off for putts, but never remember to. For me, it's about grip - I can hold the club a little loser, and I hit the ball better that way.

Col

burger
18th June 2008, 04:31 PM
Its a personal preference . . . . and how tough you hands are (or how often you misshit your shots :oops:)

eg my father in law is a retired shearer, whose hands are as strong as sh!t . He, along with most of the country blokes I play with when I go to Coonabarrabran have tough as all get out hands, me I work in IT and the closest I get to 'real' work is a bit of lawn mowing and an even smaller bit of gardening. So my woosy mits get a bit chewed after a round due to my off centre hits twisting the clubs in my hands. :roll: I am probably gripping the club too tight as well. :-k

For putting, I take them off and if I am leaving everything short I leave em on . . . seems to help.

So that's my 2c worth . . . .
stu.

PeteyD
18th June 2008, 07:03 PM
I am probably gripping the club too tight as well. :-k

I am lead to believe from reading lots of stuff that this is the main reason your hands get chewed up - calouses etc.

AndyP
18th June 2008, 07:50 PM
Doing it tough in the NT are you Pee ?Nah, bloke, I got myself a big mumma for some lubbin'.