PDA

View Full Version : Programmers Avoid Industrial Action *** UPDATE ***

poidda
17th June 2008, 12:37 PM
With all this strike talk, I realised my contract was up at the end of the month, so I thought it was time to start my EBA. I contacted the PUSMOP (Programmers United Still Means Only Poidda) and got things underway.

* At 12:11pm Chief PUSMOP contacted my boss (who sits 5 meters away via MSN) and reminded him that the PUSMOP employee(s) contract was up and things are about to get ugly.

Boss: Does your employees(s) want to stay on? We've got a shyte load of work for as long as they/he wants it.
PUSMOP: I suppose. Things could be worse.
Boss: Does he/they want the same increase?
PUSMOP: Can he/they trade the increase in for a 9-day fortnight. Still work a 40/hr week, just on flexible time.
Boss: Yeah not a problem. Do you need that in writing, or happy with a verbal agreement? We don't really want to set a precedent for others, but happy if you apply for leave without pay, as such, every 2 weeks.
PUSMOP: Yeah that's all good.
Boss: No problems. You happy with the same deal with Annual Leave, Sick Leave, Family Leave, OT, Super Annuation, Training, and any other benefits you currently have?
PUSMOP: Yep. We'll take none of everything again.
Boss: Ok, see you again in another 6 months. If you're still doing a decent job and worth employing we'll talk again. Don't go thinking we can't replace you with some lad from India.

* At 12:14pm strike action was deamed unnecessary. Fuel will still be available at the pumps this afternoon!

TS
17th June 2008, 12:50 PM
Poidda.

I can see big problem there, you forgot to ask for at least a 5% increase.

Better start asking for a 10% increase and then settle for 5%.

BrisVegas
17th June 2008, 12:52 PM
programmers united, we'll never be defeated! You should ask for your 9 day fortnight to be backpaid from the start of your EBA negotiations. :wink:

PeteyD
17th June 2008, 01:14 PM
poidda, if they have so much work can they put someone else on?

Wouldn't mind going back to contracting.

dc68
17th June 2008, 01:31 PM
:smt038:lol::lol:

poidda
17th June 2008, 02:26 PM
poidda, if they have so much work can they put someone else on?

Wouldn't mind going back to contracting.

Would like to be able to help you out there PeteyD, but I doubt the members of PUSMOP would be interested in a name change.

poidda
17th June 2008, 02:31 PM
MORE DEVELOPMENTS:

Boss: I'm looking at getting a regular 9 holes happpening at Virginia one morning a week as well. Would your member(s) be interested?
PUSMOP: OK.

PeteyD
17th June 2008, 02:37 PM
Bloody closed union shops, would never happen under Howard!! hehe ;)

Fishman Dan
17th June 2008, 02:40 PM
My printer is out of toner..... when will you fix this?

haysey
17th June 2008, 02:48 PM
Thats awesome:smt038

kpac
17th June 2008, 03:01 PM
My union - Kpac United Negotiation Team expects a far less successful meeting come financial year close.....

PeteyD
17th June 2008, 03:07 PM
Smells fishy Kent

BrisVegas
17th June 2008, 03:08 PM

think you better call a mechanic.

kpac
17th June 2008, 03:09 PM
Smells fishy Kent
yes it does, it's a bit of a tight spot at the moment.....

poidda
17th June 2008, 03:13 PM

Within 2-2345 working days

poidda
29th October 2009, 08:59 AM
Industrial Action is back on the cards for all PUSMOP members after negotiations broke down over night for the 4th time since Jan 2008. With no leg to stand on, PUSMOP members will be forced to strike 2 days a weekend for the next 3 years.

The pay dispute is over PUSMOPs failure to secure a 3% payrise for it's members to commence on January 1st 2010. The company in question rejected this offer, and came back with a counter off of SFA, and halved their holidays and sick leave. At the same time abolishing the very popular no-pay-for-no-work scheme. However this offer will be back paid from midnight December 31st, 2009. (obviously excluding the public holiday on January 1st)

So for the 3rd year straight PUSMOP members will have to work for the same money they did back in 2007. They won't receive an 18% payrise over that time. Not even a 12% payrise that are gifted to most industries without even asking for it. In comparison to other states they will be paid less, and even compared to themselves 3 years ago they are worse off due to rising fuel costs. (which is ironic in itself)

PUSMOP wishes to thank all the members of the community for their ongoing support.

More details to follow.

just
29th October 2009, 09:32 AM
At the same time abolishing the very popular no-pay-for-no-work scheme.

How dare they! Strike!

BrisVegas
29th October 2009, 10:51 AM
The pay dispute is over PUSMOPs failure to secure a 3% payrise for it's members to commence on January 1st 2010. The company in question rejected this offer, and came back with a counter off of SFA, and halved their holidays and sick leave.
PUSMOP wishes to thank all the members of the community for their ongoing support.

Don't presume to have my support. :roll: And since when do contractor scum get holidays and sick pay?!?

poidda
29th October 2009, 10:52 AM
Don't presume to have my support. :roll: And since when do contractor scum get holidays and sick pay?!?

Oh, I forgot to mention it is half of SPA.

Fishman Dan
29th October 2009, 11:17 AM
Ever considered becoming an airline engineer?

poidda
29th October 2009, 11:49 AM
Ever considered becoming an airline engineer?

Is that similar to a Plane Mechanic?

Fishman Dan
29th October 2009, 12:03 PM
That's it smart feller, I can't work under these conditions. I'm going to HR.

Grunt
29th October 2009, 09:43 PM
Nice try guys but I am now out of HR and in operational management.

poidda
18th November 2011, 12:45 PM
Well after 5 1/2 years in a 3 month contract, the gravy train is coming to an end. But the good news is, there will be more scope for Industrial action from December 1st. That's right, all PUSMOP members are/is going permi.

So I'm interested in the best excuses for sickies?

PeteyD
18th November 2011, 12:57 PM
Splitter!

Moe Norman
18th November 2011, 01:00 PM
I hope PUSMOP is happy with Managements decision to send them permanent. Can't have management making business decisions without consulting Union members first for their approval!

kev
18th November 2011, 01:19 PM
No sickies - they're "Mental Health Days" :)

BrisVegas
18th November 2011, 01:21 PM
Isn't your boss/supervisor a golfer? Tee up some games with him on work time and you'll never need to take sick days.

Jarro
18th November 2011, 01:22 PM
Tell 'em you have a sore arse (no homo)