PDA

View Full Version : john senden's bag and a mashed r580 face

macleod
5th November 2004, 04:38 PM
i was having a chat to chris mccourt this arvo and he had some of john senden's gear sitting the shop.

he had one of the R7 tour, but the smaller version...shallow face model?
pretty compact head, weight set to neutral 2-10-10-2, shaft pulled...prolite 35, sorry jarro, no pics! :lol: also his other r7 tour, shaft pulled....ei-70 original just like our newest smt blaster andyp.

he had a nice set of cleveland ta1 blades also getting reshafted, he had them done by a tour van and they managed to make them a flex and half too soft.

Also got to see a caved in r580, freeowww! that baby was mashed...like one of nudgee's ones :D

golfworks locally have been getting a lot of returned r580's with caved faces apparently...the original model not the xd.

reminds of those cracked tm 200 tour faces....

same spot, upper face towards the toe area where the top score lines are, closer to the toe, sweetspot area.

anywho, rain was so hard coming back, brisbane drivers are idiots :smt012 in the wet so when it was nearing 10% visibility and constantly getting the screen washed out from oncoming cars KFC was a nice quiet cosy spot to munch some chips.....what were the odds i'd go there eh?

AndyP
5th November 2004, 10:49 PM
also his other r7 tour, shaft pulled....ei-70 original just like our newest smt blaster andyp.
And here I was thinking that my shaft was nothing special. 8)

And yes, there are some idiots on the road, especially those that travel between Brissie and the Caboolture turnoff on a Friday arvo. :x

davidp
5th November 2004, 11:11 PM
i was having a chat to chris mccourt this arvo and he had some of john senden's gear sitting the shop.

Also got to see a caved in r580, freeowww! that baby was mashed...like one of nudgee's ones :D

golfworks locally have been getting a lot of returned r580's with caved faces apparently...the original model not the xd.

reminds of those cracked tm 200 tour faces....

same spot, upper face towards the toe area where the top score lines are, closer to the toe, sweetspot area.

Apparently there have been some problems with the tour guys caving in the XDs as well. Only happens at above average swing speeds 115+ mph. Which is why most of them seem to be hitting the 510TP Tour.

I called Chris earlier this week to see if he had something in stock. Seemed like a really nice guy...

Jarro
6th November 2004, 01:07 AM
I called Chris earlier this week to see if he had something in stock. Seemed like a really nice guy...

Chris is a really nice guy..very helpful too. I spent an hour and a half with him on the lauch monitor..no charge 8)

Macca, did you see John Sendens set of Cleveland blades in there :?: Chris was reshafting them for him.. very nice :)

Iain
6th November 2004, 06:16 AM
Macca, did you see John Sendens set of Cleveland blades in there :?: Chris was reshafting them for him.. very nice :)
So did you actually read Macca's Post??? :roll: :shock: Where he says -

he had a nice set of cleveland ta1 blades also getting reshafted, he had them done by a tour van and they managed to make them a flex and half too soft.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Jarro
6th November 2004, 09:24 AM
just seeing if you were paying attention Unit .....

.. no flies on you are there :roll:

CobraSS
6th November 2004, 10:01 AM
this place is always good for a laugh :smt046