PDA

View Full Version : Equipment Value

AndyP
5th November 2004, 11:31 AM
I figured I better get my clubs insured, now that some of the clubs in my bag have a decent replacement value, old for new.

Is there any good way I can determine the value of clubs? Some of these clubs are probably not sold new in the shops anymore.

I seem to recall someone providing a link to a site in the US that provided new and 2nd hand values. Was that you, Fishy?
Should I just use this and do a currency conversion.

Or perhaps someone wants to value my clubs for me. :wink:

What do you peoples do?

Fishman Dan
5th November 2004, 11:37 AM
I think i Google'd mine - we were in chat one day and i was posting stuff i was finding to show you all my signature gear.

Best way is to see what's been doing in eBay, and then double it for the sake of the insurance people ;) Or are you meant to quote the 'As New' value - which of course can't be determined for a set of clubs like mine?

BrisVegas
5th November 2004, 11:42 AM
AndyP,
I went with the normal retail price of the clubs, or similar models... If an insurance assessor walked into Golfworks and tried to replace my gear, what we have to pay etc..... eg.

Driver - 600
3 wood - 300
irons - 1500
wedges - 600
putter - 200
bag - 150
shoes - 150

$3,500

BrisVegas
5th November 2004, 11:48 AM
...and by the looks of your avatar...hat $0.99

For a hat like that - priceless! 8)

I'd rather a silly hat and a silky swing, than a wardrobe full of plum golf shirts. :P

Jarro
5th November 2004, 11:55 AM
...and by the looks of your avatar...hat $0.99

For a hat like that - priceless! 8)

I'd rather a silly hat and a silky swing, than a wardrobe full of plum golf shirts. :P

:lol: :lol: nice comeback :wink: :lol:

Trung
5th November 2004, 12:24 PM
It's called fashion mate...you just wouldn't understand. :roll:

We youngsters wouldn't know too much about the 60s or 70s mate.
Can you post a few pictures with your shirts :P :wink:

BrisVegas
5th November 2004, 01:07 PM
It's called fashion mate...you just wouldn't understand. :roll:

We youngsters wouldn't know too much about the 60s or 70s mate.
Can you post a few pictures with your shirts :P :wink:

Your right golfer69, I don't understand your fashion. :? Trung, there are pics of at least one of his plum pink shirts here...

http://ozgolf.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=937

Trung
5th November 2004, 01:28 PM
Vegas, some pictures are missing :?

AndyP
5th November 2004, 01:29 PM
AndyP,
I went with the normal retail price of the clubs, or similar models... If an insurance assessor walked into Golfworks and tried to replace my gear, what we have to pay etc..... eg.

I suppose I could try that.
I'll go have a look at the Golf Works site.

The shirt was fu%&*# GRAPE.....!!!
It's called fashion mate...you just wouldn't understand.

Everyone know's that grape is next's years Black. g69 is just ahead of the times. :roll:

BrisVegas
5th November 2004, 02:00 PM
AndyP,
Thanks for bringing up this topic. I was underinsured. :oops: I just bumped up my personal cover for the clubs from $2,500 to $3,500. Only added $14 to the premium. In case you're interested, it costs me $76 per year for that cover with AAMI. Well worth it for peace of mind I'd say.
Vegas

AndyP
5th November 2004, 02:12 PM
In case you're interested, it costs me $76 per year for that cover with AAMI. Well worth it for peace of mind I'd say.

Is that covered as portable valuables or something like that under your contents insurance?
It's not a separate policy, is it?

BrisVegas
5th November 2004, 02:16 PM
In case you're interested, it costs me $76 per year for that cover with AAMI. Well worth it for peace of mind I'd say.

Is that covered as portable valuables or something like that under your contents insurance?

Yes. They are detailed under the contents, but the golf clubs are covered anywhere outside the house as well. Some places call it "portable" or "all risks" cover. I have the same cover for my wife's engagement ring too. You can get them as separate policies too from some brokers.

AndyP
5th November 2004, 02:53 PM
Found that website I was after:
http://valueguide.pga.com/

Not much help for valuing my clubs for insurance though.

markTHEblake
5th November 2004, 03:03 PM
Dont overlook the insurance you get for free through your club membership. The clubs are unconditionally covereed for loss and Public liability anywhere within the confines of the golf course.

In other words if someone breaks into your car at woolies and pinches yoour stuff, drive to the golf club, have a beer, and then report it.

Jarro
5th November 2004, 03:04 PM

Yes. They are detailed under the contents, but the golf clubs are covered anywhere outside the house as well. Some places call it "portable" or "all risks" cover. I have the same cover for my wife's engagement ring too. You can get them as separate policies too from some brokers.

i'm pretty sure mine are covered within our Suncorp policy. as long as they're locked in the car .. they're covered 8)

AndyP
5th November 2004, 03:09 PM
Dont overlook the insurance you get for free through your club membership. The clubs are unconditionally covereed for loss and Public liability anywhere within the confines of the golf course.

In other words if someone breaks into your car at woolies and pinches yoour stuff, drive to the golf club, have a beer, and then report it.
Blakey, haven't you told us this before. And then you ended up finding out it wasn't valid anymore or something. :?

andylo
5th November 2004, 04:02 PM
Don't you think you blokes with clubs insured should update the whats in the bag thread with more "appropriate" pictures for assistance when you have to make a claim. :wink:

Just use nudgee/gaz's bag photo and pretty sure everyone will get most out of the insurance company :lol:

markTHEblake
5th November 2004, 04:39 PM
Blakey, haven't you told us this before.

Yes

And then you ended up finding out it wasn't valid anymore or something. :?

No.

amanda
5th November 2004, 04:57 PM
Some NSW clubs have stopped that insurance coverage as it was costing them a bunch. Try Personal Valuables Insurance from QBE - covers the clubs anywhere in Australia and NZ and includes any damage in transit (e.g. on airplanes). We have this on our clubs and don't worry about insuring them with travel insurance ($120 for 2 wks in NZ, we now pay that much for a whole year's coverage).

markTHEblake
5th November 2004, 05:49 PM
Yeah - I was going to insure my clubs, then i thought if i was going to do that, I better insure that expensive camera, my laptop, my mobile phone (always losing that). Then I insured my car, and my other car, my house, dental, hospital, life, kids, wife, dog, funeral, income protection, trauma, and public indemnity.

Blimey, I have even been told i should take out Public Liability in case i trip over in a clients house and land on him and cause him injury. Has this world gone insane or what?

Anyway I got a quote for my insurance, $3451 per month. Sod it, I am insuring nothing, they can all go to hell.

davidp
5th November 2004, 10:31 PM
Yeah - I was going to insure my clubs, then i thought if i was going to do that, I better insure that expensive camera, my laptop, my mobile phone (always losing that). Then I insured my car, and my other car, my house, dental, hospital, life, kids, wife, dog, funeral, income protection, trauma, and public indemnity.

Blimey, I have even been told i should take out Public Liability in case i trip over in a clients house and land on him and cause him injury. Has this world gone insane or what?

Anyway I got a quote for my insurance, $3451 per month. Sod it, I am insuring nothing, they can all go to hell.

Ever thought about incorporating insurance broking into your business? Looks like a great money-spinner... :wink:

When I was working at one of the major banks, personal insurance (life, income protection, tpd) was always being pushed because it was such a cash-cow.

AndyP
6th December 2004, 04:29 PM
Finally got around to calling NRMA, and getting the clubs insured under the specified portable values section of my home contents insurance policy.

I gave them "replacement" values as follows:

Driver: SMT DeepBore 455 w/- True Temper EI-70 Stiff $400
3W: TM 200 Steel $400
Hybrid/Rescue : Maxfli Ezydrive #5 (22°) $130
Irons : Palmer Prizms 3I-SW $600 :roll: (Chose not to insure the woods, but I'm sure they would fit under this amount anyway)
Wedges: Titliest Vokey 250.08, Titliest Vokey 258.08, $460
TaylorMade RAC 54° $190
Putter : Cobra Oversize Soft Impact Putter $100
Bag : Wilson Lizard Carry $250
Shoes: Dexter Mocs $100
Total: $2630

This added $12.81 to the policy to cover them until April next year.
However their system wrote this amount off, so I have nothing extra to pay. :cool:

McMw
6th December 2004, 05:31 PM
600 for replacement irons.....that's a sweet deal....esp with some of the irons that's been bought and sold thru the classified threads here... :D

AndyP
6th December 2004, 10:04 PM
600 for replacement irons.....that's a sweet deal....esp with some of the irons that's been bought and sold thru the classified threads here... :D
With NRMA, it's a case of, you name the price and they will insure it, as long as you pay the extra premium.

damoocow
7th December 2004, 08:12 AM
AndyP wrote:

Irons : Palmer Prizms 3I-SW $600

gold Andy, pure gold !

damoocow[/quote]

BrisVegas
7th December 2004, 08:31 AM
AndyP wrote:

gold Andy, pure gold !

damoocow

The Palmer Prizms are a collectors edition right Andy?

irons - 1500
wedges - 600

I wouldn't be too upset if my gear was pinched either.... :wink:

AndyP
7th December 2004, 08:49 AM
AndyP wrote:

gold Andy, pure gold !

Most of the value is in the new grips. ;)

If the clubs were nicked, I would probably replace it all with quality used gear anyway.
Hmmm, maybe I should bump up the value of that putter.

macleod
7th December 2004, 09:16 AM
AndyP wrote:

gold Andy, pure gold !

Most of the value is in the new grips. ;)

If the clubs were nicked, I would probably replace it all with quality used gear anyway.
Hmmm, maybe I should bump up the value of that putter.
sweet values, so when would you like to arrange for me to 'acquire' your clubs andy? :D

sure it's not in the same league as burning out a car for insurance....less dangerous too, i remember the flash burn i had when.....

AndyP
7th December 2004, 09:25 AM
sweet values, so when would you like to arrange for me to 'acquire' your clubs andy? :D
Hang on, I'll take the good woods out of the bag, and put the Prizm woods in, as well as my spare putter.