PDA

View Full Version : Future Sydney Taxi Driver

sms316
11th June 2008, 12:50 PM
A Japanese firefighter who has driven trucks and ambulances hundreds of times over 20 years has been sacked after it emerged he never had a driver's licence.

The man's family was in on his secret and would drive him each day to and from the fire station from where he would get behind the wheel of fire engines and ambulances.

But the firefighter in Takaoka, a city 300km northwest of Tokyo, was caught last week after he hesitated to show his licence during a routine inspection, fire department spokesman Shigeru Sawasaki said.

"An inspector thought he was looking awkward and yanked the driver's licence from his hand and discovered it was his father's," Sawasaki said.

The firefighter, who is in his 40s, was employed for some 20 years. During the five years to this March, for which records were available, he drove ambulances 309 times and fire trucks 97 times, city officials said.

The city cut the salaries of the fire department chief, his deputy and other senior officials by one-10th for one month as punishment.

The local government only began monthly licence inspections in November.
"We regret that we have operated on the presumption that firefighters have drivers' licences," Sawasaki said.

Scottt
11th June 2008, 12:58 PM
He'd fit in well in Sydney! Half our cabbies couldn't drive a greasy stick up a dog's arse.

Though the strangest cab driver I ever came across was in Canberra. I was heading back to Turner from Civic at about 2am with a belly full of piss and the prick was goading me (and my missus) the whole way saying we were ****ing pussies for not walking because it was "such a short ****ing trip".

I told him that:

a) my missus was in heels.
b) we were ****ing pissed
c) it was about 7kms, and
d) it was ****ing cold

and he started telling us "you ****ing Sydneyites don't know what cold is, you're a bunchy of pussies".

It's among the strangest experiences of my life.

sms316
11th June 2008, 01:02 PM
He'd fit in well in Sydney! Half our cabbies couldn't drive a greasy stick up a dog's arse.

Though the strangest cab driver I ever came across was in Canberra. I was heading back to Turner from Civic at about 2am with a belly full of piss and the prick was goading me (and my missus) the whole way saying we were ****ing pussies for not walking because it was "such a short ****ing trip".

I told him that:

a) my missus was in heels.
b) we were ****ing pissed
c) it was about 7kms, and
d) it was ****ing cold

and he started telling us "you ****ing Sydneyites don't know what cold is, you're a bunchy of pussies".

It's among the strangest experiences of my life.

He said all that? In English?

Scottt
11th June 2008, 01:07 PM
He was a Woden bogan. 160kgs of pure Aussie.

Jarro
11th June 2008, 01:19 PM
Nudgee, eags and myself had an 'interesting' cab ride from Watsons bay to Maroubra :shock:

I'm sure the cabbie we had was deaf,dumb and blind.

3oneday
11th June 2008, 02:52 PM
Ahh yes, I still remember, from the cab into the car with Jono... the boys were very shaken by the time they got to Mac Grange. Not to mention they were still in shock 4.5 hours later :lol:

sms316
11th June 2008, 03:47 PM
Just as well he isn't working in Hiroshima;

"SHE often stands accused of swallowing a dictionary when it comes to her rhyming news read for Channel 10.

But Sandra Sully might want to familiarise herself with a politically correct history book after a totally inappropriate throw to a story about Kevin Rudd's Japanese tour on Monday night.

Confidential's late night spies report Sully introduced the yarn, touting "Kevin Rudd drops a bombshell in Hiroshima".

Courty
11th June 2008, 04:55 PM
I had an cabbie of indigenous extraction sledge me & my mates after a night on the turps. He told us that 'he wasn't here because his great grand-daddy stole a loaf of bread."

:-s

:lol:

Btw, they don't like being called 'cabbage' either. :mrgreen:

markTHEblake
11th June 2008, 08:33 PM
I. He told us that 'he wasn't here because his great grand-daddy stole a loaf of bread."

My Grandaddy stole a hanky FFS.
But grandmummy did better, she was a duchess who was done for conspiracy to murder, I guess that made it worth the one way cruise.

dc68
11th June 2008, 09:05 PM
I thought this may have been about Brucey Boys Mrs.

LongDownunderGolf
11th June 2008, 09:09 PM
Did you know that from Sydney airport to Bonnie Doon GC is dead straight, there is no need to indicate, ever.

It is also straight out Paramatta Rd to the Olympic stadium and all the way to Castle Hill......no indicators, ever.

SupaSubi
12th June 2008, 08:20 AM
The city cut the salaries of the fire department chief, his deputy and other senior officials by one-10th for one month as punishment.

thats not a bad idea - maybe public servants here should have the same threats of punishments. maybe a bit more work would get done.