PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Hippins93
11th June 2008, 08:57 AM
Hello to everyone.
My name is Tom I play at the Allora golf club in Queensland, it is a 9 hole course, 4352 meters in length and a par of 68. I started playing golf 10 years ago on sand greens then gave it away due to my arthritis (I was in a car accident in 93 and broke quite a few bones hence the title hippins93) but got back into it last year. I love playing the game, meeting new people, the friendly sledging I get and give back! because we never take it seriously. My handicap when I started on the grass was 24 now I am down to 18, I hope to learn a lot from fellow ozgolf nuts and maybe pass on some tips as well :smt023.
Thanks
Hippins93

Scottt
11th June 2008, 09:22 AM
Welcome hippins

BrisVegas
11th June 2008, 10:12 AM
hi hippins93. I didn't even know allora had a golf course! I've been to the zoo out there and it's a nice drive up from Brisbane via Gatton. I've played golf at Warwick a couple of times, which I'm sure you would have too. Hope to catch up with you for a hit some time.

Dion

kpac
11th June 2008, 10:16 AM
I started playing golf 10 years ago on sand greens then gave it away due to my arthritis
but got back into it last year.

Welcome aboard

How's the arthritis, you found a miracle cure, or put up with the pain?

sms316
11th June 2008, 11:02 AM
when I started on the grass
There is your answer kpac - he feels no pain!

kpac
11th June 2008, 11:35 AM
magic stuff the grass ;)

Hippins93
11th June 2008, 12:09 PM
Thanks for the welcome, Brisvegas the Allora course is very tight not much room for error. The New England Hwy is on the right for the first three holes and all the rest have Dalrymple ck winding along their fairways and around the greens. So you have to be fairly spot on with where you want to go as for the arthritis when I started I walked but couldnt cope with the soreness so I went and bought a buggy and now I just put up with it, but when a shot comes off nothing can make me feel better. And.. I was talking about playing on grass greens not the other..but, it gives new meaning to bent grass hey!:wink:
cheers
Hippins93

Jarro
11th June 2008, 12:53 PM
Glad you could join us Hippins93.

Hope to see you at a big OzGolf day in the near future :)

mike
11th June 2008, 07:07 PM
Welcome Hippo. Allora huh ? Remember a Norm Dallison ? He's up our way now.

... the Allora course is very tight not much room for error.

Norm's exact words. :)

markTHEblake
11th June 2008, 07:26 PM
I love ....... the friendly sledging I get and give back!

We dont want your type here.

Come back when you learn to get upset and overreact when getting sledged and you will fit in perfectly.

BTW the golf course looks great, took a while to find the buggar on Google maps (http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=allora&ie=UTF8&ll=-28.029523,151.986451&spn=0.004536,0.013518&t=h&z=17) as it fits in just too well with the creek.

Looks like very good use of that creek. Whens the Allora Open - I'll be in that :-)