PDA

View Full Version : Pick my putter

jaster
28th April 2004, 11:32 AM
Alright, for my first post in the brand new forum :D ....I want you to suggest a putter for me to use, with the reasons why you think I should use it, I promise to use this putter for at least 6 months without taking it out of the bag...EVER :shock:

Fire away.... :P

Jarro
28th April 2004, 01:05 PM
I'd like to see you use a RIGHT-HANDED Odyssey DFX 2-ball ..... i know where you can get one for a good price :wink: :lol:

AndyP
28th April 2004, 01:16 PM
I'd like to see you use a RIGHT-HANDED Odyssey DFX 2-ball ..... i know where you can get one for a good price :wink: :lol:
jarro, does that count as an insult? :? :wink:

jaster, as discussed using a telephonic device, I have recently changed putters. As a result, I have a spare putter that I am not using. Want to give it a try?

Hope I have been helpful. :roll:

jaster
28th April 2004, 01:24 PM
Thanks for the offer Andy...unless it is a Bullseye or similar where I can use it from the other side then I have got no hope ;)

Jarro
28th April 2004, 01:25 PM
jarro, does that count as an insult? :? :wink:

AndyP, I'll never insult anyone here :wink:

jaster
28th April 2004, 01:29 PM
So what does this sound like guys...???

Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Mid Sur (Belly Putter) - $340 Brand new???

It has a 370gram head and I have been told that reshafting it to a 34" putter or similar works very well 8)

jaster
28th April 2004, 01:37 PM
http://www.scottycameron.com/products/putters/details.asp?id=207

Here is a pic of a RH version...looks good :)

http://www.scottycameron.com/images/putters/full/ss_mid_sur_03_lg.jpg

AndyP
28th April 2004, 02:27 PM
Being one of the four members of this forum, I guess I have to comment. :? That is all.

terryand
28th April 2004, 04:10 PM
Don't worry mate I'll find you something to use.

Give the blade another week and let me know then.

Terry.

Jarro
28th April 2004, 04:12 PM
Go for the Scotty Jaster 8)

you know you wanna :lol:

jaster
28th April 2004, 06:07 PM

Terry.

Monthly Medal this Saturday...not sure if I am game to use it :oops: :?

Iain
29th April 2004, 01:05 PM

Terry.

Monthly Medal this Saturday...not sure if I am game to use it :oops: :?

Maybe it's not the arrow, it might be the indian.... :lol:

terryand
30th April 2004, 05:56 PM
Hey sheriff, wot flat stick you goin with tomorrow :?:

Terry.

jaster
30th April 2004, 06:13 PM
Jas

Knox used to put out a magnificent bullseye putter in the 60's and 70's. I'm sure you could dig one up in a bargain barrel or a museum. :wink:

I had a keith knox 2 iron when I was about 10 and hit it on the 8th hole in Charleville all those years ago and the head flew off and nearly killed my father :shock: :cry: Funny now but scary to think :)

jaster
30th April 2004, 06:16 PM
Hey sheriff, wot flat stick you goin with tomorrow :?:

Terry.

Probably try the blade....people will think I am lefty :P Rolled with the old Anser for 9 holes this afternoon and only sunk 1 putt from 7 :( Gotta get my confidence back so I have the Rotella book out of the bookshelf and flicking through it :roll:

Jarro
30th April 2004, 06:19 PM
are you an old Charleville boy Jaster :-s

my grandfather is from there .... still raves about how good a time he used to have out there \:D/

jaster
30th April 2004, 06:32 PM
are you an old Charleville boy Jaster :-s

my grandfather is from there .... still raves about how good a time he used to have out there \:D/

Born and Bred...shhhh don't tell anyone ;) Lived there from 0 to 20...... :roll: My parents and 2 sisters and 1 brother still live there plus a few lations ;) What is granddads name and when did he live there?

terryand
1st May 2004, 05:28 PM
Pappa Jarro I heard :lol:

Terry.

Jarro
1st May 2004, 06:11 PM
My Grandfathers name is William (Bill) Ranson. He was born in 1917. Played rugby league pretty well i hear, made some rep sides. Born and bred in Charleville, moved to the big smoke later on to study accounting.

jaster
2nd May 2004, 08:55 AM
My Grandfathers name is William (Bill) Ranson. He was born in 1917. Played rugby league pretty well i hear, made some rep sides. Born and bred in Charleville, moved to the big smoke later on to study accounting.

I'll have a chat to my old man...the "Treadwells" as we are known are some of better known people in Charleville especially regarding League...might be after your pops time though. If your pop is still around (sorry if that sounds bad :( ) mention the name to him. My grandfather use to be a Steam train driver on the Railway for years before and during WW2. Audrey (yes I know it is a girls name :roll: ) Treadwell was his name but people for obvious reasons called him 'Aud',,sounds like ORD.

jaster
2nd May 2004, 08:59 AM
I used the Cleveland blade yesterday...had 17putts of the front 9!! and 13 putts on the back for a nice total right onmy average of 30 putts!!! :roll:
The blade was an experience and sunk some great comebackers...this was after I was knocking them 8 to 10ft past :shock: I got a free putting lesson from the assistant pro yesterday arvo though and he found a few things for me to work on (have you heard how you have to keep your head still :oops: ) so it's off to praccy for me!

AndyP
2nd May 2004, 11:54 AM
Treadwell was his name but people for obvious reasons called him 'Aud',,sounds like ORD.
'Odd' sounds more appropriate with the name Treadwell, don't you think? :P
(Methinks I might be getting another rank change as a result of this :roll: )

Golfgirl
2nd May 2004, 12:42 PM
(have you heard how you have to keep your head still :oops: )

You don't say... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Has anyone seen/tried the Mezza Monza, and if so, what did you think? I liked the weight of the Rossa Monza, but didn't like the size of the head, so I might ask hubby to order one in so I can demo it... :?

Jarro
2nd May 2004, 01:28 PM
(have you heard how you have to keep your head still :oops: )

You don't say... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Has anyone seen/tried the Mezza Monza, and if so, what did you think? I liked the weight of the Rossa Monza, but didn't like the size of the head, so I might ask hubby to order one in so I can demo it... :?

Golfgirl,

me thinks you should have a chat with Nudgee :lol:

jaster
2nd May 2004, 02:44 PM
Treadwell was his name but people for obvious reasons called him 'Aud',,sounds like ORD.
'Odd' sounds more appropriate with the name Treadwell, don't you think? :P
(Methinks I might be getting another rank change as a result of this :roll: )

Shaddup...too tired from 4.5 hours practice too play!

drunken
5th May 2004, 12:55 PM
now jas you know that this is the one you want to try next

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1518&item=3674718859&rd=1

:P :roll:

jaster
5th May 2004, 08:47 PM
Sorry mate...no chance that putter would get in the bag for another 4-5 putters...still got to try the Red X, Mezza, Big Sur Centre Shaft, lil' B, but a cut down to 34.5" mid sur is the next option :wink: