Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Default Oxley GC, Thursday March 18, 10:06a

Rusty and I are going to get our matchplay done at Oxley this Friday. Assuming the course is available, the cost will be $25.

Anyone else up for a game?
    I'll call tomorrow morning to get a time.

--------------

Changed to Thursday, 10:06a. Single Stableford.

1. AndyP
    vs
    2. Rusty
    3. sms
    4. Eag's

Scores
    1. Rusty 35pts
    2. AndyP 33pts
    3. sms316 32pts
    4. Eag's 29pts
    Last edited by AndyP; 19th March 2010 at 02:37 PM. Reason: Change to Thursday

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Consciousness and awareness - awareness is being aware of what is happening and being aware of what is happening within ourselves while we are conscious. Where did I leave my glasses?

Senior Member Ozgolf Supporter
    Major Winner

Thanks for the hit today guys, the matchplay was interesting to say the least

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Eag's View Post
    Thanks for the hit today guys, the matchplay was interesting to say the least
    Not wrong. I'm somewhat surprised my login still works on here!
    Forum needs more banter.

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Don't tell me they played out another friggin' draw
    Originally Posted by sms316
    Without rules there is anarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by sms316 View Post
    Not to mention just a tinge of controversy.
    Oooh, do tell.

All the boys scores:

1. Rusty 35pts
    2. AndyP 33pts
    3. sms316 32pts
    4. Eag's 29pts

Thanks for the round guys.
    Damn, those showers were painful, weren't they?

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner

Quote Originally Posted by henno View Post
    Oooh, do tell.
    I dropped my driver as AP was at the top of his swing on the 12th. He flinched and sprayed his drive way right. I was/am embarrassed by it and would hate to think that I influenced the match.

If looks could kill...
    Forum needs more banter.

It was a weird one, sms. That sort of stuff usually doesn't affect me, but there's no doubt that I knew about it during my swing and it influenced the shot (and I did look straight in that direction for a moment after the swing). Maybe it was timed so well that it put me off, or I just wasn't in the "zone" in the first place. Regardless, I had moved on straight after it had happened. I think you were more worried about it than I was.

Did you lose the hole?

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Pretty poor form SMS
    Originally Posted by sms316
    Without rules there is anarchy.

AndyP has always said that Pro's are sooks and should be able to concentrate no matter what, so it a good dose of karma if it did put him off
    Moe Norman

Ping G30 9* | Wilson Staff Tour F5 15* | Ping G20 20** | Ping i3 Blades 3-PW | Ping Tour 54.12 & 60.08| Yes! Marilyn

"I had played so poorly recently, I started thinking that maybe I should do something else. Then I saw my friends going to work every day and realised that my life wasn't so bad." -Steve Pate

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

Could have been worse, Shorn could have dropped his guts!

Senior Member Ozgolf Supporter
    Major Winner

It was just bad timing, it was by no means a loud noise, but you could hear the clink right in AP's downswing.
    Sms looked like he just got caught with his hand in the cookie jar

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

i actually, kind of strangely, and a bit unexpectedly, felt sorry for AP. but i got over it i couldn't play any more holes in case he didn't win. the draw was devastating enough for him. i better pull out "Rusty the Robot" for Round 2.

AP was quick out of the blocks going 2up after 2. his birdie on one was a blinder. i took a bit of time to get going. my chunked chip on the 1st and 4 putt on 2, don't help my cause.
    AP 1up after 4 pretty much handing me the 4th. although there was a bit of "casual water" controversy - the water from the hazard overflowed the water hazard boundary and i would have had to stand in the water to hit the ball.

Decision 25/2 the water is regarded as casual water

AP back to 2up after 5, with sinking a great put for bird. mine just broke away in front of the hole.
    AP hands me the par 5 7th after having to try and hit hero shots, which were definitely now in his game plan. having a ball up against the OB mesh fence didn't help him either. my bird was wasted. back to AP 1up
    ah the 8th - i've got my shot. AP still reeling from the previous par 5 hits a weird one left on to the previous fairway. my bogey with the shot is good enough to take the hole. "you beauty" - back to AS
    - Andy Tom Hanks one, and my par takes the hole - me 1up
    - after 11 still me 1up
    - after 12 still me 1up. the driver dropping and mid air catch by mudguts brings out the "Julie Bishop death stare" in AP.
    - Andy 1 putts 12 to 15, i hit a longish putt way short on 15 then leave the 2nd putt 2cm short in the jaws. Andy 1up
    - i chop fest down 16 to hand Andy the hole. AP dormie 2
    - on 17 AP goes trees right, i go trees/OB left. i hit provisional. find mine in bounds down the left but in trees and in the (dryish) water hazard left. i stab a clearing iron, out of the hazard but still in the trees, though i have a gap with overhanging branches ahead. Andy hits trees, doesn't go very far. i punch my 3rd, a cracker, to about 2.5m uphill putt. Andy goes left of green and bunker. flubs a chip, chips on. misses the putt, sinks the next one. my 2 putt wins the hole. AP dormie 1.
    - we're both just in from right trees off the tee. i hit me 2nd way right and shortish. Andy fades right and goes in the right pot, narrow green. i hit a nice midlength flop shot on to the green. now, the moment we're all waiting for - AP's first bunker shot of the day - a "close-ish" lip, narrow green... sets.... swings... - knifed! Rusty breathes a sigh of relief. Andy's got a tough chip back on the downslop of the 8th green to go over the left bunker on 18 and get the ball to stop on the green. tough chip. fluffs it. then chips on. my longish putt, goes highside past the hole about 2' leaving a slight curler. AP misses his putt. next putt in. me - to sink this little curler to win the hole.... & sinks it! AP shellshocked, Rusty ecstatic.

what a match. just wish i'd had less than 37 putts. didn't feel like i was putting that bad. just wasn't dropping too many. AP had difficulties off the tee.

thanks for games gents. i felt i should've worn my red shirt to fit in better.

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

That's two squares in a row at Oxley GC for Andy. I think DC caught him on 18 also.
    Consciousness and awareness - awareness is being aware of what is happening and being aware of what is happening within ourselves while we are conscious. Where did I leave my glasses?

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Included in 2010 POTY

Thread Information