Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Default Good hands V body swings!

Any Aussies with a good set of hands on tour atm? In the past many of the top players had great hands and able to hit all types of shots making them great strikers of the ball. Anyone seen a flusher worthy of a mention? Plenty of swingers around but they are boring as imo!

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

What are you talking about, bungee?
    Consciousness and awareness - awareness is being aware of what is happening and being aware of what is happening within ourselves while we are conscious. Where did I leave my glasses?

Senior Member Major Winner

I think he is looking for shotmakers. not bomb and gouges.

Anthony Summers comes to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by razaar View Post
    What are you talking about, bungee?
    compare Garcia v Scott actions. Plenty of other examples the very fact that some may not know about describing a players hands in thier action player may answer the question.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldtopper View Post
    compare Garcia v Scott actions. Plenty of other examples the very fact that some may not know about describing a players hands in thier action player may answer the question.
    The difference nketween Scott and Sergio IMO is Scott locks his wrists at the top whereSergio increases his wrist flex during the downswing. Everything else is similar. Nothing to do with hands, they are part of the club.
    Consciousness and awareness - awareness is being aware of what is happening and being aware of what is happening within ourselves while we are conscious. Where did I leave my glasses?

The difference nketween Scott and Sergio IMO is Scott locks his wrists at the top whereSergio increases his wrist flex during the downswing. Everything else is similar. Nothing to do with hands, they are part of the club.
    The term good hands refers to a players hand action through the ball! Its not that complicated. Bowditch has a fair set of hands

Admin Team Golf Hall of Fame Inductee
    Blog Entries

And a great mono brow

spasticrap
    Sim 2 Max / PRGR
    3W 7W 4H - Sim 2 Max
    Miura 57 CBs - ADDI
    Odessey #7

I know, it makes no sense when the hands are holding the club and the wrists are the medium through which the power is transmitted to the club head.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteyD View Post
    And a great mono brow
    I wonder if Lefty can offer some advice here? Surely fashion includes a little manscapping!

I know, it makes no sense when the hands are holding the club and the wrists are the medium through which the power is transmitted to the club head.
    Try this hands v big muscle actions debates
    http://t.golfweek.com/news/2005/sep/...hands-people/?

There are always some players who have extreme strength and flexibility in their wrists. These players give the impression that their wrists are doing most of the work. Allen Doyle is one who comes to mind. Check out his swing on u tube.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Love watching Peter Lonard shape an iron....mmmmm, tasty.
    Nike Vapor Flex Accra Tour Z 85 ST
    TEE E8b 15* Whiteboard 100
    TEE XCG7b 19* Accra XH105 Tour Red
    j36 CB 3-9 SPB
    Scratch 48b SPB
    Vokey 54, 60 C Taper
    Boccieri F3-DF Heavy
    #3 soft bristle Aldi special
    Chromesoft

There are always some players who have extreme strength and flexibility in their wrists. These players give the impression that their wrists are doing most of the work. Allen Doyle is one who comes to mind. Check out his swing on u tube.
    Plenty of Yanks with good hand actions playinb on tour atm not many Aussies these days. The Sinnot kid looks the goods!

Plenty of Yanks with good hand actions playinb on tour atm not many Aussies these days. The Sinnot kid looks the goods!
    He is a potential champion, hots it out of sight. Our amateur program is turning out real talent in recent years. I'm fortunate to get to play with the 2013 Aust Amateur Champ and see the talent first hand.

He is a potential champion, hots it out of sight. Our amateur program is turning out real talent in recent years. I'm fortunate to get to play with the 2013 Aust Amateur Champ and see the talent first hand.
    Cameron Smith can play and has a great opportunity to go on with it! Decent action btw

Cameron Smith can play and has a great opportunity to go on with it! Decent action btw
    If he survives the Suberu WRX STI experience.

I am a hacker, but are you referring to releasing with the hands (flipping) vs releasing with the body?
    In the bag

Taylormade Stealth 2 9.0 - AD DI 7X, Taylormade Sim 5 wood - AD DI 8X, P790 2/5-GW S300 AMT, Taylormade Hi Toe 53/14, 57/14, 60/10, Taylormade Spider, Taylormade 2018 staff bag

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner
    Reaching for my Laser cos I'm a few paces off the green... :)

Quote Originally Posted by davepuppies View Post
    I am a hacker, but are you referring to releasing with the hands (flipping) vs releasing with the body?
    I'm also a massive chopper, but releasing the club with the hands and flipping are 2 different things.......

Hogan in his book " Five Lessons....." (lesson 4) states in capital letters - The main thing for the novice or average golfer is to keep any conscious hand action out of the swing. The correct swing is founded on chain action, and if you use the hands when you shouldn't, you prevent this chain action.

Quote Originally Posted by davepuppies View Post
    No. Talking about a player who releases the club head and can move the ball both ways and adjust flights at will with out changing set up postion as an simple example of the characteristics of a hands player. These players can adjust the swing mid motion to compensate for being out of postion occasionally!

Hogan in his book " Five Lessons....." (lesson 4) states in capital letters - The main thing for the novice or average golfer is to keep any conscious hand action out of the swing. The correct swing is founded on chain action, and if you use the hands when you shouldn't, you prevent this chain action.
    Yes and Jack was the greatest hands player to ever play! At a guess 50% of the current worlds top 10 woud be classified as being hands players

Yes and Jack was the greatest hands player to ever play! At a guess 50% of the current worlds top 10 woud be classified as being hands players
    Don't confuse hands with forearms and upper arm technique both of which influence how the wrist joint works to move the hands (and the club). It is not the other way around.

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

Here's an example or two of the hands player.

WITB
    TRS2 9* Velocore Blue 7s
    G430 9* Ventus Velo 7s
    Titleist TSI2 15* DI7s

Ping G425 19* hybrid Accra TZ6
    Tour Edge XCG 24* hybrid Altus
    Srixon ZX5 MKII 6-pw
    Ping S159 50*SS, 54*SS, 58SS*
    TP Mills Tour Fleetwood

Don't confuse hands with forearms and upper arm technique both of which influence how the wrist joint works to move the hands (and the club). It is not the other way around.
    Maybe you can change the way that describes a golf swing and defines a players shotmaking abilities!

Quote Originally Posted by TheNuclearOne View Post
    Here's an example or two of the hands player.

Aoki in his prime was the best of best nice post TNO! Still recall his 28 on the back nine in the 88 Coke Cola classic at RM! Amazing talent. Plenty of great ball strikers in Japan during this period

Thread Information