Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

Threaded View

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Default Swing Epiphany.....Yes another one.

A bit of a long story but anybody who has seen me hit a ball in the last 12 months will know that I've been having trouble getting the pill in the air.
    In fact it has been frustrating the shit out of me and has spread from my irons through to other usually reliable areas of my game eg; driver,bunker play etc.
    It was about a year ago that I got a lesson at the Oxley driving range,Richard the Pro there checked out the video of my swing and told me that my shoulder plane was too flat.Fair enough I thought so since then I have been trying to steepen my shoulder plane by taking it back more vertically and really driving my right shoulder down and thru with mixed results,the theory seemed sound but I just could'nt get any consistencey out of my iron play.
    So Friday it was off to the range and with wifey tagging along I got her to video my swing on the mobile phone,twas looking good and I felt like I was swinging well.I got home and transferred the video to my PC and had a bit of a look....
    It sort of dawned on me then that in a effort to steepen my shoulder plane my shoulder turn was so out of whack it was'nt funny.At impact my left shoulder was so high it was dragging the club away from the ball and making me hit thin shots.
    Anyway the washup is that today I went down to the Logan City Range and hit a bucket....all I thought about was turning my shoulders level and to stop pulling my left arm up and away from the ball.From the first swing I got my trajectory and my slight draw back.
    So here's hoping this is a permanent fix and I can start hitting some decent irons shots again.
    Last edited by gazgolf1; 9th April 2007 at 06:28 PM.

Thread Information