Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 1000 AUD, Received: 650 AUD (65%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

Threaded View

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Default Bushy's stats for 2015 using GRGS

I'm a bit of a stats freak. Love them, I think they can help my game especially now that I have a second child and my practice time will be limited.

I've used golfshot, ShotsToHole.com, Excel spreadsheets and a plethora of other less adept apps but during 2015 I'm going to use GRGS- Get Real Golf Stats. An Australian developed program that uses an app for input and a simple to use website for looking at your data. Actually you could do it all on the app, the screenshots I'll add here are all from the app. They've just signed a deal with the LPGA and already have an affiliation with numerous golf programs in both Australia and the US. I got a Platinum subscription during the black Friday sales for something like $30.

I started 2014 playing off about 4-5 but I believed I was heading lower based the consistency of my game at the time. I changed irons to a chunkier head than I was used to (Covert Forged) thinking that some forgiveness would get me closer to scratch which was my initial goal. In reality I went the other direction (anchored on 10). I'm only thinking that the irons are the main reason for my slide because as soon as I went back to smaller headed 'unforgiving' irons my scores immediately dropped and I shot a 73, 74 and 75 in a two week period.

Anyway this isn't about blades v cavity backs but is more of a journal to try and quantify a change in my game. I'm going to read more classic golf books this year, plus read "Every Shot Counts" by Mark Broadie and see where I end up in 12 months time. I've got two competitive games left this year but to this point my stats are as follows.

Last edited by BUSHY; 15th December 2014 at 02:34 PM.

Thread Information