Following on from Benno's comments in another thread, I wanted to see how people feel about the current situation with this.

Currently the rules say that commercial selling is fine at the admin's discretion (or words to that effect).

I know that a small number people have complained (often in the wrong place) about one particular seller's sales. Firstly I want to ask, if that seller has been given permission to sell stuff here, what are the reasons people are upset about it? Please don't get personal - this is not a witch hunt. Also it's worth nothing that the number of happy customers of that seller far outnumber the complaints.

Secondly, if there is a real issue - and it needs to be shown that there is - how do we fix it? The way I see it we have two options, one is to ban commercial selling altogether, which is easy, but then people here will potentially miss out on some bloody good deals. The other is to allow commercial selling to specific users so long as they meet certain criteria. I have already made my own list of about 4 criteria that would need to be met, but I'd be interested to hear others thoughts on that too

Nb - no guarantees at all that this thread will change anything, but if there's definitely a problem we need to understand what it is before it can be fixed.