Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Member Touring Pro (Von Nida Tour)

79/71 in the final round of our club champs yesterday, 37 points with 4 three putts, might be time for a new putter I think.

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

-2 (34) in par comp this morning. Just fairly steady golf, which is a nice change.
    Once you go yellow, you will never go back

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

As I didnt play yesterday because of the weather I played in todays morning comp ,which was a stroke round . Had 41/38 nett 70 (37 pts) . Only one bad drive and a couple ordinary ones ,no 3 putts ( cored greens which were furry and the sand was wet ) , no doubles ,most of the bogeys were from not getting up and down from around the green, hit my irons better . True to form they didnt have a NTP on the 11th and I put one to about 2 metres , sunk the putt for birdie so was happy with that

Member Club Pro

Solid front 9 of 19pts, made the turn remembered I hadn't played for a month and talked myself into a mid round collapse. Steadied the last few holes for 15pts. 34 total.

Senior Member Major Winner

Darwin GC stroke today.

Steady golf today, nothing outstanding, but nothing terrible. Only lowlight was hitting 1 OB on index 1 par 5, and making a second ball par for a double.

43 / 39 - 82. Nett 71 on par 72 (37pts for the mug list).
    9 par
    8 bog
    1 double
    8/14 fir
    4/18 gir
    31 putts
    no 3 jabs

DSR 71 hurt, didn't seem that easy. Handicap drop to 9.6 - close to lowest ever.

Quote Originally Posted by benno_r View Post
    Darwin GC stroke today.

Steady golf today, nothing outstanding, but nothing terrible. Only lowlight was hitting 1 OB on index 1 par 5, and making a second ball par for a double.

43 / 39 - 82. Nett 71 on par 72 (37pts for the mug list).
    9 par
    8 bog
    1 double
    8/14 fir
    4/18 gir
    31 putts
    no 3 jabs

DSR 71 hurt, didn't seem that easy. Handicap drop to 9.6 - close to lowest ever.
    Spieth like. So boring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Solarman & I played our 2nd match in the Summer Cup today (4BBB Matchplay). We coasted to a 7/5 win after a blistering front 9 (I was -2 from 5 through 9) to set up a 5up lead at the turn.

Stableford equivalent was 35pts (with 2 wipes).
    Handic(r)ap | 2024 Eclectic | WITB | GolfMap

10 glorious tours of the Uncivil War

Quote Originally Posted by blurry View Post
    79/73 3rd rd of club champs1birdie ,1doublegoing ok in A grade net
    Turns out I'm second in the net , first in A reserve scratch (7-12 h/c) , qualified 12 of 16 for seeded draw for A grade final round but am going to play in my normal time slot
    TaylorMade 2016 M2 driver proforce V2 STaylorMade 2016 M2 3 woodMizuno mp fli-hi 21*Mizuno mp h4 4-pw KBS c-taper lite 105 rTitleist sm4 50, 54* & 58* Taylormade Itsy Bitsy Spider cs

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

31 points yesterday on lightly cored and lumpy greens.

After 8 weeks off exercise due to injury, I got back into it last week and was sore as hell on the 1st tee.

Couldn't really get anything going, but ended with 15 on the front before melting down. 10 points for the last four holes saw me scrape 31 for the round, which became a played to 8.x and a flag which was highly surprising.

Monsta had 22 Saturday and Sunday. He is in prime John Deere form with the Club champs just two weeks away.

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

Ozgolf Mod Major Winner
    Blog Entries

Disappointing 27 points (14/13) at Windsor yesterday. Besides an eagle on the 8th, and some top banter with the other guys in my group, I had no highlights whatsoever.

30 pts today at Warragul, short game was crap

Solid form continues. Monday Played Brisbane golf club in the "play it as the pros played it" Queensland open challenge. Shot 34 pts with 2 wipes and 4 misses with the flat blade inside 5 feet. Finished in 5th place. Super tough day. Then yesterday back to the home track for ladies mixed day 4bbb aggregate. Had 77 off the stick for 41pts again with 4 or 5 missed putts inside 5 feet. If only the putter didn't go cold!! Partner had 37pts and we won the day. Won a new 60* Cleveland rtx 2 wedge. Hopefully the good form will hold out until the weekend for the coal city cup!
    Last edited by Squidboy; 26th October 2016 at 07:48 AM.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Haven't been playing much recently but have squeezed in two games in the last two weeks for 22 points and 31 points respectively.

The 22 point round was looking quite dire for a while there. I was 8 points through 12 holes. Managed to scrape a few points together in the last 6 holes to enable me to keep my dignity half intact. Then I remembered that my opening tee shot was a complete air swing with hybrid. What a numpty.

Stroke comp today at beaconhills, 44/40 nett 75 (32 pts), long furry cored greens had lotsa putts

32pts Wed

32pts Today

Once you go yellow, you will never go back

76 / 70 today for final round of champs
    Leading a grade net at this stage and A reserve scratch
    TaylorMade 2016 M2 driver proforce V2 STaylorMade 2016 M2 3 woodMizuno mp fli-hi 21*Mizuno mp h4 4-pw KBS c-taper lite 105 rTitleist sm4 50, 54* & 58* Taylormade Itsy Bitsy Spider cs

Quote Originally Posted by blurry View Post
    76 / 70 today for final round of champs
    Leading a grade net at this stage and A reserve scratch
    Great work good luck hope it holds up for you!

78/67 first round of coal city cup. 2 stupid doubles. Enough to get me back tomorrow for the other 18. See how I go.

Member Club Pro

Not an enjoyable round today.

Got to course to find my tee time had been moved forward 20mins and my group was on the tee. Subsequently hooked my first into the greenkeepers sheds and didn't really get going for 4 to 5 holes.
    Better front 9 apart from the the 3rd where I hit out of bounds but found the ball and tried to hit out of the s@$t rather then taking a unplayable, 4 swings later I was out and ended up with a 10. Rest of the 9 was 4 over. So 92/80 all up.

Had probably the slowest group I've ever played behind in front which didnt help. 3 walkers who looked like they were holding hands as they strolled to each others ball and a guy in a cart who would have 10 swings after every shot trying to fix what just went wrong.
    Icing on the cake was walking into the bar at halfway to find the 4 of them sitting down watching tv while the group in front of them was already putting on the next green.

Individual Stroke at Gordonvale this morning. 87 net 75 (par 70) - 31pts for the NAGA thread.

My iron shots are woeful at the moment - couldn't hit a green in reg to save myself, even though I was in reasonable position most times off the tee. Putting was also challenging as the greens actually have good pace for a change, and I was often too heavy handed on the first putt.

Need to put in some range time to iron out some issues (pun intended).

Golf is, in part, a game; but only in part. It is also in part a religion, a fever, a vice, a mirage, a frenzy, a fear, an abscess, a joy, a thrill, a pest, a disease, an uplift, a brooding, a melancholy, a dream of yesterday and a hope for tomorrow. - New York Tribune, 1916.

stableford at beaconhills today , 22/15 for 37 pts, (37/42) , had 12 pts (3,2,3,4) first four holes, 25 pts for last 14 . Standing on 7 th tee one under and having had 7 putts in total so far , 3 putted 7 th from 6 ft, standing on 8 th tee one over .Did it again on 11 th for another double , missed short putts on 10,12 and 13 , I love furry/sanded cored greens .

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

30pts this morning at Cairns GC. Couldn't get anything going. Had hitlers, 3 putts, flubs, you name it.

Worth noting for the Monthly results was Solarmans 41pts (with 3 wipes, mind you ).
    Handic(r)ap | 2024 Eclectic | WITB | GolfMap

10 glorious tours of the Uncivil War

Moderator Touring Pro (PGA)
    Blog Entries

28 with at least 6 wipes at Queenscliff today. Sprayed the driver, sucked with the irons, three-chipped twice, one hitler, one three jab. Actually, now that I think of it, I putted really well, so it's not all bad.

Now off my worst handicap since 2014 and I've lost the keys to the tractor.
    Still not playing enough GolfLink | Slightly less terrible stats brought to you by Golfshot - F: 57%, GIR: 23%, UD: 14%, P: 34. Wow, improvement! | Nickent brand ho or tightarse? You be the judge!

[img]http://i.imgur.com/4Y4Q0jZ.jpg[/img]

Senior Member Major Winner

3rd round of Club Champs at Kapunda

Fairly strong hot north wind, with firmer, quicker greens than we've had all year and some of the hardest pin placements I've ever seen seen on our course made it tough day for some. I wish I could blame those things but it's all about how woeful my tee to green game and swing is atm nothing else. I actually really liked the firmer quicker and tough pin placements.

Jinxed myself with the following statement:
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatchman View Post
    I finished the build of this today with a midsize grip ready for tomorrow.
    Interestingly the swing weight came in just shy of D0.
    I din't measure it but at a guess it would be around 44". Thought Id try it as arrived and can always extend later if needed.

Looking forward to seeing what the big hefty counter balanced shaft does. It couldn't possibly go worse than what I've been dishing up off the tee in the last 2 weeks.
    Apart from 2 blocks (one that went OB) every thing else was a pull or pull hook from the crappy over the top swing that has taken over my game. Just can't get my tempo and transition under some sort of control and it's frustrating the hell out of me on the course. Irons were no better the few times I got a full swing at one. The wedge game was pita-full too with every wedge shot from 70-115m missing the green (5 all up).
    Putted really well sinking a heap early but they were only for pars and bogeys. It dried up on the back nine as I was too far away all the time but burnt the edge a heap. Chipped ok early too but it all turned to sh!t on the back as I missed the greens on the worst possible side to the tight pins on the edges leaving no margin for error, it had to be perfect every time.
    So far off the pace after today but could quite possibly still fall into the final 4 on default after the leader and another didn't play today.

Stats
    85/78 (41-44) = 31pts
    Effective Drives = 3/15 (1-2)
    Greens In Reg = 4 (2-2)
    GIR from ED's = 0
    Putts = 30 (13-17)
    x0 birdies, x2 doubles, x1 drowned, x1 OB, no 3 jiggles
    Hit Them Well or Hit Them Often

W.I.T.B

Thread Information