Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I was a member at Ranfurlie for 4 years and enjoyed my time there. I ended up moving to Peninsula due to there younger member deals (saving over $1k a year). The biggest issue I had with Ranfurlie was the condition, and the boards stragegy for the club. They sold the old Amstel Park course but weren't getting the money for a few years, so they were holding off putting any money into Ranfurlie, and the greens were getting worse. I played there again at the end of last year and the greens were terrible which was disappointing, I thought they should have got things going again by now.
    I loved coming up with strategies for the course, and it did teach me a lot about how to think your way through a round, but once I has been there for a couple of years it did get a bit boring, you knew what were going to do for the whole round before you started to play.

Senior Member Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Smilesy View Post
    I was a member at Ranfurlie for 4 years and enjoyed my time there. I ended up moving to Peninsula due to there younger member deals (saving over $1k a year). The biggest issue I had with Ranfurlie was the condition, and the boards stragegy for the club. They sold the old Amstel Park course but weren't getting the money for a few years, so they were holding off putting any money into Ranfurlie, and the greens were getting worse. I played there again at the end of last year and the greens were terrible which was disappointing, I thought they should have got things going again by now.
    I loved coming up with strategies for the course, and it did teach me a lot about how to think your way through a round, but once I has been there for a couple of years it did get a bit boring, you knew what were going to do for the whole round before you started to play.
    Good point Smilesy. I've played there three times and I can tell you the same thing.
    Ping G430 MAX 9° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Ping G430 MAX 15° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Ping G430 Hybrid 20.5° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Srixon ZX7 4-PW - Dynamic Gold Tour Issue 120 S300
    Cleveland RTX Zipcore 50°, 54°, 58°
    Custom Lajosi DD201 - 390g head
    GolfMap

Thread Information