Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 24 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 LastLast

Thread: 2016 PGA Tour

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

I'm sooooooooo damn happy for Rory. Out of nowhere...
    Ping G400 Max 9* w/ KuroKage TiNi Silver 60
    Titleist 917 F2 15* w/ Aldila Rogue Max 75 S
    TaylorMade TP UDI 20* w/ KuroKage 70 S graphite
    Mizuno MP-4 4-PW w/ Project X Rifle 6.0
    SM5 Vokey 50* F Grind & 54* F Grind
    SM6 Vokey 60* S Grind
    Bettinardi Queen B 8

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by highballin View Post
    Rory would have won this by six easily if he was consistent with the putter!
    But he's not so that's why he needed a hole out to get there. Certainly had luck on his side.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

even with the hole out he hit some great shots during the play off..

Tractor Boys

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

His first two shots in the play-off were sublime - he outdrove Chappell and Moore by 60 and 50 yards, respectively, then puts it to six feet from 211 yards. I thought he was going to win it then and there.
    He crushed his drive on the final play-off hole too. I was really worried he was going to three-putt from 60-odd feet on the par 3 through. That 7-footer, with Moore almost guaranteed to make par, was clutch.
    As much as I love J-Day (which is shitloads), and have been really impressed with DJ this year...and Spieth last season, no-one at or near the top can match Rory when he's on. If his driving and iron play is on, he can pretty much afford to just putt middle-of-the-road and still win.
    And as much as I hate to say it, Rory's four majors really puts into perspective J-Day's lone major to date. Day and Rory are closer in age; I'll give Spieth a few more seasons to try and match Rory's four majors to date. If Rory didn't balls up his ankle playing soccer, I'm sure he would've either won at St Andrews or won at Whistling Straits and be sitting on five majors right now... .
    Ping G400 Max 9* w/ KuroKage TiNi Silver 60
    Titleist 917 F2 15* w/ Aldila Rogue Max 75 S
    TaylorMade TP UDI 20* w/ KuroKage 70 S graphite
    Mizuno MP-4 4-PW w/ Project X Rifle 6.0
    SM5 Vokey 50* F Grind & 54* F Grind
    SM6 Vokey 60* S Grind
    Bettinardi Queen B 8

Switches to a Scotty and wins the FedEx. Wow. Should have done it a season or 2 ago.

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner

There is a fair bit of mallet love on Tour atm. Feel like an unco whenever I use one.

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

I just finished watching the replay. I knew Rory had won, but I didn't know how it had panned out.

I'm glad Rory won. It doesn't quite seem right that you can win the Fedex Cup while stinking it up in your final round. But it didn't happen, so it doesn't matter.

There was some real possibility for deal-making in the play-off though. Neither Ryan Moore nor Kevin Chappell had a massive amount to play for, so Rory could have offered a split of the 10 million that was way more than their prize money to lay down. DJ was probably offering a split for them to beat him!

Good tournament, and a great golf season.

Go the Euro's in the Ryder Cup next week. I notice that Johnny Miller has called the Euro team weak, so that is even more reason to cheer for them to win.
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyJuzzy View Post
    His first two shots in the play-off were sublime - he outdrove Chappell and Moore by 60 and 50 yards, respectively, then puts it to six feet from 211 yards. I thought he was going to win it then and there.
    He crushed his drive on the final play-off hole too. I was really worried he was going to three-putt from 60-odd feet on the par 3 through. That 7-footer, with Moore almost guaranteed to make par, was clutch.
    As much as I love J-Day (which is shitloads), and have been really impressed with DJ this year...and Spieth last season, no-one at or near the top can match Rory when he's on. If his driving and iron play is on, he can pretty much afford to just putt middle-of-the-road and still win.
    And as much as I hate to say it, Rory's four majors really puts into perspective J-Day's lone major to date. Day and Rory are closer in age; I'll give Spieth a few more seasons to try and match Rory's four majors to date. If Rory didn't balls up his ankle playing soccer, I'm sure he would've either won at St Andrews or won at Whistling Straits and be sitting on five majors right now... .
    Cmon FJ, hop off the bandwagon. All he's done is have a good couple of weeks in the FedEx cup finals. Ok, he's won 2 events so has obviously been the player of the FedEx cup finals series, but he hasn't exactly been the form player of the season. Yes, he hit some great shots today but saying you're sure he would've won The Open or the PGA championship is a bit of a stretch mate. Jason Day is just as capable as Rory at hitting great shots. Have you forgotten what Jason Day did on the 18th in the PGA in R4 to make eagle? And who made the putt as well? When it comes to putting, JDay owns Rory and that will always be the difference on the PGA Tour.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jimandr View Post
    I just finished watching the replay. I knew Rory had won, but I didn't know how it had panned out.

I'm glad Rory won. It doesn't quite seem right that you can win the Fedex Cup while stinking it up in your final round. But it didn't happen, so it doesn't matter.

There was some real possibility for deal-making in the play-off though. Neither Ryan Moore nor Kevin Chappell had a massive amount to play for, so Rory could have offered a split of the 10 million that was way more than their prize money to lay down. DJ was probably offering a split for them to beat him!

Good tournament, and a great golf season.

Go the Euro's in the Ryder Cup next week. I notice that Johnny Miller has called the Euro team weak, so that is even more reason to cheer for them to win.
    I'm pretty sure most of these blokes at the top are playing to fill the trophy room, not their bank account. That will take care of itself.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Had to go to work after the first playoff hole. Will watch a replay of the the last 2 tonight.

Kevin Chappell will win a big one next year. Paying his dues atm.

Ryan Moore was suspect off the tee with driver and solid with the putter, Rory solid from tee to green but suspect with the putter but got the job done eventually apparently

Was great viewing down the stretch

Senior Member Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by backintheswing View Post
    Switches to a Scotty and wins the FedEx. Wow. Should have done it a season or 2 ago.
    Troll better.

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Great to see Rory win it... such a great final round to put himself in contention.
    Originally Posted by sms316
    Without rules there is anarchy.

His 3rd round was the one that have him the sniff. Probably said to himself "about effing time" after that round.

Bring on the Ryder Cup !

Quote Originally Posted by Jarro View Post
    Great to see Rory win it... such a great final round to put himself in contention.
    Shot making was brilliant stuff to watch

Quote Originally Posted by Daves View Post
    I saw an interview with Moore recently where he basically said he had given up on ever being picked, and told them in his own way to GGF!
    Looks like he needn't have given up. Got the last wildcard pick.
    Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now about to become a Masters champion..... It looks like a mirac.. It's in the hole! It's in the hole!

Also means no room for Bubba, current world number 7.
    Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now about to become a Masters champion..... It looks like a mirac.. It's in the hole! It's in the hole!

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    Also means no room for Bubba, current world number 7.
    Not an automatic qualifier?

Not sure what points system they used but I guess the OWGR didn't come into it. I'd have said it's down to a strong 'no dickheads' policy, but Fatrick got in.....

Although I'm cool with Fatrick getting in. As much as I dislike him, the guy's an animal at match play.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Bubba should have got in ahead of Fowler.

Bubbas Ryder cup history is poor and he isn't liked

Most hated player on tour.

Imagine playing foursomes with that whiny little ****a

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rory has had 12 top tens this year including 3 wins around the world.

Sure it wasn't the best year but he peaked at the right time.

I don't think the fed ex cup formula is quite right but the most dominant player in the playoffs won.
    I guess you see it all the time where teams peak at the right time to win something huge.

Hi All,

For those interested in the FedEx Cup I'm a part of an online tipping comp. One off entry fee per year ($50) - all run on line with a series of rules.
    Comp is purely based around FedEx points earned by each player across the year.

Not sure If I'm allowed to post the actual website on here so I wont unless its okay

There is about 95 in it this season and with the new season kicking off in a couple of weeks the organizers are hoping to get to 120+

Let me know if anyone is interested in knowing more or if i'm allowed i can simply post the website

Cheers
    Tox (the newbie)

Member Touring Pro (Aust PGA)

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    Not sure what points system they used but I guess the OWGR didn't come into it. I'd have said it's down to a strong 'no dickheads' policy, but Fatrick got in.....

Although I'm cool with Fatrick getting in. As much as I dislike him, the guy's an animal at match play.
    Scuse my ignorance, who is Fatrick?

Quote Originally Posted by olddogmike View Post
    Scuse my ignorance, who is Fatrick?
    I'd guess Patrick Read

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by Toxic View Post
    Hi All,

For those interested in the FedEx Cup I'm a part of an online tipping comp. One off entry fee per year ($50) - all run on line with a series of rules.
    Comp is purely based around FedEx points earned by each player across the year.

Not sure If I'm allowed to post the actual website on here so I wont unless its okay

There is about 95 in it this season and with the new season kicking off in a couple of weeks the organizers are hoping to get to 120+

Let me know if anyone is interested in knowing more or if i'm allowed i can simply post the website

Cheers
    Tox (the newbie)
    I would be interested to check the site out.

Thread Information