Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Good stuff Daves. Keep at it.

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by Daves View Post
    It has definitely made them easier to hit for
    me, especially the longer clubs. It also makes switching between sets very easy, pretty much irrespective of shaft, grips etc.
    I am pretty sure that's actually the whole idea. So its good that is what you have experienced what I have only 'read in the brochure'

Quote Originally Posted by Daves View Post
    I converted another set this morning, the Ping i20s. I had built these to MOI using SW advancement i.e. 1.3 SWs per inch. This was before I bought the Analyser, and I hadn't actually got around to checking them. I was pleasantly surprised to find that they were pretty much within tolerances, and not that far away from my MOI target.
    How was the Ping head weights, exactly on 7 gram increments?
    (i assume ping head weights are unpublished)
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by markTHEblake View Post
    How was the Ping head weights, exactly on 7 gram increments?
    (i assume ping head weights are unpublished)
    I can't say for sure because I don't seem to still have the data from the original build. But my MOI build data tells me that the club weight progression was pretty much spot on 7 grams per step. The shafts are R400s, so constant weight shafts.

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

I might have mention this in another thread recently, but I got a new friend who knows a little bit about Pings production, and we were talking about the head weights, He said that all the irons now have plastic inserts, and they are made with varying weights. So once the head is finished,they add the exact plastic weight insert needed to get the head precisely to spec.
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Yeah it's called a CTP, custom tuning port, and has been around for a while.

Senior Member Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by markTHEblake View Post
    I might have mention this in another thread recently, but I got a new friend who knows a little bit about Pings production, and we were talking about the head weights, He said that all the irons now have plastic inserts, and they are made with varying weights. So once the head is finished,they add the exact plastic weight insert needed to get the head precisely to spec.
    Quote Originally Posted by backintheswing View Post
    Yeah it's called a CTP, custom tuning port, and has been around for a while.
    Is that the decal in the cavity?

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

Some more grist.....

I recently MOI matched a set of 716 AP2 irons with TT DG AWT (Ascending Weight) shafts. When I measured their starting specs, the SW were pretty much spot on at D3 through the set (1/4" overs), and the MOI spread were pretty closely grouped. Much closer than I normally find for a conventionally SW constructed set. The 3 gram progression was close to getting the set to MOI matching. There was less than a 2% spread from high (4i) to low (PW). I aim to have well less than a 1% variance when I build, but 1% is considered OK. If the AWTs were 4 to 5 gram progressions I reckon they would be pretty much spot on. It meant that I extended each club by very similar amounts to get my MOI target matches.

Member Club Pro

anyone in Sydney with MOI machine?

Thread Information