Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Victorious Captain Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

I'm with you Dave, I'd say I've done my cash....

Ozgolf Mod Major Winner
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nemo View Post
    How'd he get in, seriously!!!!???
    Couple of national open wins, plus his performance in the PGA probably got him a nice swag of ranking points.

Member Teaching Pro

Radar O'Reilly "He got plenty of jizz on that" lol, he has switched to fizz on his last description.

Victorious Captain Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Total **** up....

Member Teaching Pro

Least it was competitive for a change.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Yep - you would have to think that Lahiri missing that putt was the turning point where it looked like they may have snuck either a tie or a win even.

Shame that bae's last hole of comp before military service ended like that

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Lahiri just did a Ben Hunt.

Driver: Titleist 913D3 9.5*
    Hybrid: : Ping G20 17*
    Irons: Mizuno MP54 3-PW
    Wedges: Titleist 56* Standard Bounce
    Putter: Scotty Cameron California Monterey 35"
    Bag: Titleist s83 Staff

GOLFLINK

Member Club member who plays rain, hail, shine

Quote Originally Posted by Gammon View Post
    Least it was competitive for a change.
    Lahiri's half was critical. To be honest, i think Price shouldn't have put Bae on the last match. Korean player, playing President's Cup in Korea down to the wire last match and must win last 2 holes..??
    That is too much pressure for any player to bear.

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

I guess there was a balance in the end, with Lahiri's and Bae's chokes being matched by Bubba's and JB's. Good to see a close contest for a change. The opening foursomes are still the Internationals Achilles, it is hard to win when you are coming from behind so early on. Though the Europeans have developed the last day overrun pretty well, despite having the same problem! Still just not quite enough depth in the International ranks, it would seem.

Senior Member Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Daves View Post
    I guess there was a balance in the end, with Lahiri's and Bae's chokes being matched by Bubba's and JB's. Good to see a close contest for a change. The opening foursomes are still the Internationals Achilles, it is hard to win when you are coming from behind so early on. Though the Europeans have developed the last day overrun pretty well, despite having the same problem! Still just not quite enough depth in the International ranks, it would seem.
    It sucked that Lahiri and Bae were left to try bring it home, but when you consider they scored more points than Day and Schwartzel combined, can't be too unhappy with their contribution.

Quote Originally Posted by Daves View Post
    Internationals lost the cup on the first day because Nick chose to play foursomes on the first day with shit pairings therefore giving up home field advantage.
    If you knew the first day foursomes always ****ed the team up, why would want to start off the cup with it if you are offered with a choice?
    If he played fourballs first and found out how everyone is playing on the course and pair them up accordingly for foursomes the next day, it would have definitely been a different story.

The proof is how Int played foursomes on the third day. Foursomes wasn't the team's weakness, it was just stupid to play it on the first day without any info how players are going to play the course.

People might think Nick has done a good job coming so close but to me, he handed the cup to the americans by making some stupid decisions.
    But all the players tried their best turning matches around from the 2nd day on.

Member Club member who plays rain, hail, shine

Quote Originally Posted by benno_r View Post
    It sucked that Lahiri and Bae were left to try bring it home, but when you consider they scored more points than Day and Schwartzel combined, can't be too unhappy with their contribution.
    I was expecting Day to score more points.

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by Tank33 View Post
    Internationals lost the cup on the first day because Nick chose to play foursomes on the first day with shit pairings therefore giving up home field advantage.
    If you knew the first day foursomes always ****ed the team up, why would want to start off the cup with it if you are offered with a choice?
    If he played fourballs first and found out how everyone is playing on the course and pair them up accordingly for foursomes the next day, it would have definitely been a different story.

The proof is how Int played foursomes on the third day. Foursomes wasn't the team's weakness, it was just stupid to play it on the first day without any info how players are going to play the course.

People might think Nick has done a good job coming so close but to me, he handed the cup to the americans by making some stupid decisions.
    But all the players tried their best turning matches around from the 2nd day on.
    Don't the Americans have an appalling foursomes record in recent Ryder Cups? Maybe that's why he decided to go with it.

Thread Information