Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
    Ozgolf Mod Major Winner
    Blog Entries

Default Week commencing 5 October 2015

Typing this whilst enjoying a Carlton Dry in the shade outside the Cabramatta club house waiting for the other blokes to finish up.

36 points (17/19) with 2 wipes. 1 birdie, 1 missed birdie putt from less than 3 feet, but no 3 putts.

Pretty happy with how things are looking heading into club champs.

Member Club Pro

I've got club champs starting next week also but will be away interstate with work. After hitting 29 last week and then 28 on Saturday (with a massive front 9 of 12pts) with how'd I'd been hitting them I was actually kind of thankful for this. Cut to today and I end up with 37pts (19/1 which included wiping 15 and 16 and a few other missed chances. In a good patch with the driver atm, have hit a few longer then I thought I had in me, and the irons kind of behaved for a change including a flushed 4 iron from 177 just off the fairway that set up a chance at a 5 pointer (missed). Now I'm thinking positive I'm away for 2 weeks so hopefully don't lose the progress.

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

Thanks for starting the thread KJ.

I had a totally honest 36 points at Ballina today. After a couple of really bad scores in a row I was pleased to play decent golf again. I think concentrating on keeping my head still actually works. It doesn't seem to work with my lob wedge though. I just can't hit the thing. It has been sacked.

My best flag score was dropping off today, so for handicap farming purposes I played a couple of shots too well.
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

85/76 in the first round of club champs qualifiers (and monthly medal). Was super scratchy, had a birdie, 6 pars, 8 bogeys and 3 doubles and 34 putts.

Should win an NTP. But it wasn't the best shot of the day, was marking the card for a mate and got to witness his first hole in one. Hope I wrote neatly.
    Chopperlink | Chopperstats | Chopsticks | #ConfederatetillIdie

73 gross in monthly medal today in pouring rain and high wind. Every Saturday up here the weather is atrocious.

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner
    Reaching for my Laser cos I'm a few paces off the green... :)

First round of club champs today. 81/75

I hit 7 of my first 11 greens and was 4 over. Missed a short birdie on 2, bogeyed 3, 4 and 6. Doubled 7 and 8 when I made poor decisions on my second shots.

Got up and down on 9 for par.

Had a great day with the driver 10/13 fairways

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)
    Blog Entries

24 points. Not much to talk about.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Ist day of champs. equal leader at 1 over, new driver was a liability on the front nine with 2/6 and duck hooks which left me a long way from home and in the poo on holes index 1 and 2, which are both 400+ par 4s. Luckily one of the 2 fir put me 7 iron out on a par 5. Sunk the 10 footer for 3 which saved the front nine. Back nine driver was impress. Flubbed chips to 17 and 18 which cost 2 bogeys. Rubbish finish but not whinging about the good break i had on 14, where my birdie putt died on the right edge and fell in because some cretin had damaged the hole.
    Nike Vapor Flex Accra Tour Z 85 ST
    TEE E8b 15* Whiteboard 100
    TEE XCG7b 19* Accra XH105 Tour Red
    j36 CB 3-9 SPB
    Scratch 48b SPB
    Vokey 54, 60 C Taper
    Boccieri F3-DF Heavy
    #3 soft bristle Aldi special
    Chromesoft

Quote Originally Posted by backintheswing View Post
    73 gross in monthly medal today in pouring rain and high wind. Every Saturday up here the weather is atrocious.
    Impressed. Daylight second?
    Nike Vapor Flex Accra Tour Z 85 ST
    TEE E8b 15* Whiteboard 100
    TEE XCG7b 19* Accra XH105 Tour Red
    j36 CB 3-9 SPB
    Scratch 48b SPB
    Vokey 54, 60 C Taper
    Boccieri F3-DF Heavy
    #3 soft bristle Aldi special
    Chromesoft

Senior Member Major Winner

Stableford @ Kapunda

Wasn't going to be playing today originally as club champs start next week for the next 4 weeks then it's SA OzGolf Champs so the day off was supposed to be the pace offering day off. Some how was gifted a leave pass by the Minister so played.

Strange sort of day and round. 2 clubs into the wind for the first 7 holes than a shower for a hole then dead calm before an afternoon light breeze from exactly the opposite direction.

Drove it good for the most part of the day with the BiO Cell+ with some really good bombs hit. Going to take this driver into the Club Champs. Irons, pitching and putter were ok without anything great. Chipping was woeful. Can't remember the last time I've chipped that poorly. Could picture where i needed to fly the ball to, but could not convince myself to hit it hard enough all day. Only chipped two closer than 15 foot all day and one of those to 3 foot I missed the birdie .

Started par, bogey, par, double, par, par (missed birdie), par, par, par to close the nine out 3 over and 19pts.
    Last nine was par, bogey, par, par, bogey, bogey (3 jiggle), birdie, par, par for 2 over and another 19pts.
    5 over 78 for 38pts just made the ball run down.

Stats
    38pts
    Effective Drives 9/15
    GIR 9/18
    31 putts
    1x birdie, 1x 3 stab
    Hit Them Well or Hit Them Often

W.I.T.B

36 points yesterday and 35 today, starting to play ok again, just can't putt. Last 4 rounds are flagged.

Thread Information