Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
    Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

Default Week commencing 24 August 2015

A Wednesday game this week, so an earlier start to the weekly thread.

Boy, do I have a strange game to report in the mid-week medal. 83 nett 75 sounds fairly dull, but this was anything but.

Three 3-putts in the first seven holes and some bad play put me well behind. For the next 11 holes I recorded 10 pars.... and a triple bogey (grrr). I missed four fairways and played those four holes in 8 over. There is a lesson in that.

Great weather too. Sunny and 25, hardly any breeze. It's hard to believe I live in the same state as what is occurring on the south coast at the moment.
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

Just like an explanation as to how this occurs......

Wiped holes 2,4 and 6 and scored 16 points front and 17 points back nine.

Single stableford at Cabo.

Ball toss decided the teams. Greens director and Pro versus Chairman and myself.

Was a very mixed bag as the card shows. Left all my golf equipment in Jnr Woods car on Saturday night, so had to use an old set from the garden shed. 3,4,5,6,7,9 X22 tour irons with a J36 PW and 8i fitted with 6.0 rifle shafts, a titleist 54,52 wedges, R15 driver and 60* wedge from pro shop and a TM spider putter with a bent shaft and perishing grip.

Standouts:
    3rd hole driver, rescue, wedge two putts for a par. 5/3
    5th hole , driver 7i, two putts for a par. 4/4
    8th hole, 8i, two putts for a par. 3/3
    13th, Driver, 3i, putt from just off green and a tapin par for a 4/4

14th 4i to back pin 4 metres from hole.

Hit 3 and 4 iron pretty well today and putted reasonably well with a bent putter. Drained a pretty good putt on 15 and just missed a massive downhiller on 16 for bogey.

26 putts over 15 holes with only 1 x 3 putt on 18th.

Thanks for reading

Dropped .1 and now off 21.2 and a flagged round???

It's because a) the course may have rated high that day and b) you may have had a flagged round falling off that was worse.

Handicaps are calculated based on your best 8 rounds out of your last 20 (less if you are new and don't have 20 rounds). So if your 20th round was flagged and was worse than the one you just replaced it with you'll end up getting cut.

Likewise ignore the fact you had 33 points. What matters is the 'played to' in Golflink. If the course rated above par you could have a played to that is pretty close to (or better than) your handicap.
    Chopperlink | Chopperstats | Chopsticks | #ConfederatetillIdie

Quote Originally Posted by BenM View Post
    It's because a) the course may have rated high that day and b) you may have had a flagged round falling off that was worse.

Handicaps are calculated based on your best 8 rounds out of your last 20 (less if you are new and don't have 20 rounds). So if your 20th round was flagged and was worse than the one you just replaced it with you'll end up getting cut.

Likewise ignore the fact you had 33 points. What matters is the 'played to' in Golflink. If the course rated above par you could have a played to that is pretty close to (or better than) your handicap.
    Sorry there was supposed to be a pic of my card...... I went a little something like this..

5/2
    Wipe
    5/3
    Wipe
    4/4
    Wipe
    4/3
    3/3
    7/1

That was my front nine

So you're inconsistent. Bet you're not the only one (especially as a high marker). It's the score at the end that counts

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhelmo View Post
    Sorry there was supposed to be a pic of my card...... I went a little something like this..

5/2
    Wipe
    5/3
    Wipe
    4/4
    Wipe
    4/3
    3/3
    7/1

That was my front nine
    simples, you CAN play good golf but not often enuff, know someone just like that

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Not me but one of the old guys was talking to at Nudgee this morning was telling me that he shot 4 better than his age on Thursday Birdieing the last 4 Holes!
    Proud to use Circle"B" Sun Protection!

Quote Originally Posted by perci View Post
    Not me but one of the old guys was talking to at Nudgee this morning was telling me that he shot 4 better than his age on Thursday Birdieing the last 4 Holes!
    mmmm fair effort

Ozgolf Mod Major Winner
    Blog Entries

27 points this morning at Richmond.

Besides a birdie on 16, very rusty.

40 points. Played ok. New attas driver shaft is pretty good.

Default Week commencing 24 August 2015

Nice round Ash.

I managed 38 pts today off 11. Drove it better than I have in a long long time, probably should have scored a couple better but hit some poor iron shots and couldn't hit a chip close.

Hopefully not too far off being back in singles if I can keep working at it. Fixing the short game would do it.
    Last edited by BenM; 29th August 2015 at 03:06 PM. Reason: f

Senior Member Major Winner

Stableford @ Tanunda Pines

Last time played the course was around 15-17 years ago. A fair bit has changed for the better in that time.
    Good course, great company and perfect conditions for a game was the order of the day. Pity the standard of play by all was well below that.

Didn't strike the ball overly well on the front 9 but scratched around for 15pts. Things turned quite sour on the back 9 with some average shots that finished in very poor spots and some ok shots that's finished in bad spots with no possibility of saving the hole. Enthusiasm turned into frustration and all was lost for a pathetic 8 points on the back with the care factor gone.

Greens and pin placements were unbelievably tough with some real eye opening putts and results from everyone in the group at some stage. We had a couple of balls putted off the green and one that barely made it on from off the edge that finished 20+ past and was lucky it didn't join the list of those that went off. Not to sure if resort visitors staying for a golf holiday would be enjoying that sort of stuff.
    Last edited by Hatchman; 30th August 2015 at 05:12 PM.
    Hit Them Well or Hit Them Often

W.I.T.B

Par event today. -8 the score.

Course has changed a lot in the last week - less rain meant they could cut it resulting in much more run. Couple that with much faster greens and I was over hitting a lot of approaches and putting terribly

Oh well there's always next week!

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)
    Blog Entries

I had 31 points. Yeah, fairly meh sort of score but I hit a ton of good shots, the irons and wedges were fantastic on full shots setting up 3 birdies and 4 lipped out chances. Driver completely abandoned me for the first 9 to the point where I was just going to go with 3 wood, of course when I threatened it with sitting out the rest of the round it came good and I hit some massive drives...longest on 11, 13, 15, 16 that I can recall. Not convinced on the driver, it does feel very good but it is a bit wild..feels like it is right on the edge and is either very good or very bad, no in between.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

1st round club champs on Sat. After 5 consecutive flags dropping off found myself in B grade. 91/78 off the stick which is about average for me lately. Top 8 after 2 stroke play rounds go into matchplay.

Started off with Birdie on the first par 5 average drive but on the fairway, average 2nd but still on the fairway chunk a 9iron but hits downslope and trickles onto green make a 10ft putt for birdie. I have hit much better shots on that hole and had double go figure. 43 front 9 not to bad but 4doubles on back 9 led to 48. Actually putted really well otherwise would have raised the bat. Although my Scramble partners yesterday would find that hard to believe after the way I putted yesterday.

Wasn't to dissapointed finished 11 in qualifying order. No expectations this Sat probably a good thing.

Banned

My group won the ambrose scratch on Saturday. -10 for the day. -4 on the front nine and -6 of the back. We play ambrose a couple of times a year at my club when the greens are cored. Not a big prize but it was fun to win the day in the end. Probably back to reality this Saturday with monthly medal. Not sure the greens will be that good by then though...........could be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by highballin View Post
    1st round club champs on Sat. After 5 consecutive flags dropping off found myself in B grade. 91/78 off the stick which is about average for me lately. Top 8 after 2 stroke play rounds go into matchplay.

Started off with Birdie on the first par 5 average drive but on the fairway, average 2nd but still on the fairway chunk a 9iron but hits downslope and trickles onto green make a 10ft putt for birdie. I have hit much better shots on that hole and had double go figure. 43 front 9 not to bad but 4doubles on back 9 led to 48. Actually putted really well otherwise would have raised the bat. Although my Scramble partners yesterday would find that hard to believe after the way I putted yesterday.

Wasn't to dissapointed finished 11 in qualifying order. No expectations this Sat probably a good thing.
    The farming is going well by the looks.
    #doinitright
    Hit Them Well or Hit Them Often

W.I.T.B

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by HatchmanSS76 View Post
    #doinitright
    Yeah have got it down pat. Throw in a shank here a four putt there eeeye eeeye ooww

#doinitright
    Maybe this is why HB is changing states. It is a lot of effort just to try to do some farming without witnesses.

Fortunately, we have some Qld operatives to do some spying for us. Trouble is: Lager and 3pp won't remember what they saw by November.
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

#doinitright
    Maybe this is why HB is changing states. It is a lot of effort just to try to do some farming without witnesses.

Fortunately, we have some Qld operatives to do some spying for us. Trouble is: Lager and 3pp won't remember what they saw by November.

At least I remember when I post

Quote Originally Posted by 3puttpete View Post
    At least I remember when I post
    He apologised, let's leave it at that.
    bio cell+ big stick - fly z+ 3W - b'bertha 4h - srickson 545/745
    46-50 RTX, 56-60 md2 - tank cruiser 38" count balance
    delilah smiley driver and MAGNETIC putter cover
    sun mountain bag C130S - clicgear & knob

Quote Originally Posted by jimandr View Post

I take notes..
    bio cell+ big stick - fly z+ 3W - b'bertha 4h - srickson 545/745
    46-50 RTX, 56-60 md2 - tank cruiser 38" count balance
    delilah smiley driver and MAGNETIC putter cover
    sun mountain bag C130S - clicgear & knob

55 minutes, 3 holes.............end of fkn story!!!!!!

Thread Information