Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
    Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Default Week commencing 27th July 2015

First time I have ever kicked off a 'What did you shoot...' thread (although I am sure others could have this week).

First round of the CoC 54 hole event and happy that I played to my handicap - 84 net 72. 39 for the front nine and 45 the back.

Managed to make a lot of up and downs on the first nine, not so much on the back. There was a lot of moaning coming from the group behind us (played with Bushy, Courty and BITS). I think a few people weren't getting along with the CoC.

CoC here as well. I got reamed. 79 nett 76. Was great to finally meet Bushy.

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner

Single stroke at McLeod 81/68
    Mixed round with a triple 3 doubles and an eagle.
    Won A grade for $300 golf shop voucher and bottle of red for nearest approach.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Monthly medal, started on the back nine with a double on 10 ended up having 41 on the back and had 34 1 under on the front nine to finish. Ended up 75/ 72 best round for a while.

Senior Member Major Winner

Monthly Medal @ Kapunda

Just a little bit wet today. Solid heavy rain all night and raining all the way from home to course. Rain had stopped come tee off time at 11:30 and only lasted 2 holes before it come down again. On with the water proofs for the rest of the day. Heaps of water logged and sloppy patches on the course for a wet muddy day.

Had the best day off the tee for the year with the TRPX Oban Driver slotting it all day only missing 3 fairways all day. What a waste that was with only 4 greens hit in regulation for the whole day and one of those was from one of the misses. Thankfully the putter was on fire holing everything within 6 foot of the hole. Pity I holed 4 for bogey and one for a double. What a waste to drive and putt so well and still shoot an average score.

First round with the recently acquired Ping Eye 2+ BeCu's. Hit the irons and woods for second shots so poor (fats, thins, blocks & pulls) I have no idea how they went distance wise or feel.
    I blame Highballin as he showed how to drive well and miss everything at Blackwood last week. I've caught it like like a cold

Stats
    83/77
    12/15 effective Drives
    4 GIR
    26 putts
    1x birdie, 2x doubles, no 3 stabs

DSR has resulted in flag costing 0.2 and another round over 80 as a flag FFS.
    4 flags in next five all played to 5 or lower. Could be a blow out coming
    Hit Them Well or Hit Them Often

W.I.T.B

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrins View Post
    Single stroke at McLeod 81/68
    Mixed round with a triple 3 doubles and an eagle.
    Won A grade for $300 golf shop voucher and bottle of red for nearest approach.
    You're a flusha ferret, well done!

Quote Originally Posted by backintheswing View Post
    CoC here as well. I got reamed. 79 nett 76. Was great to finally meet Bushy.
    Any updates?

Quote Originally Posted by benno_r View Post
    You're a flusha ferret, well done!

Any updates?
    2nd round of CoC . Par 5 6th, 471m par 5, 220 metres in for 2nd, I flush solarmans G20 loaner 3 wood to 15 feet and bin putt for eagle.

Nothing further to report.

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

Monthly medal here too. I've continued my consistent run of scores 1-2 over handicap, had 85/73 on a very soggy and fairly windy course. It was good enough for a ball surprisingly.

The story of the day is I hit one fairway with driver (on the 8th which was our 17th) and one other (with an iron). I had some huge misses yet somehow I managed to still limit the damage most of the time. Hit a great 7 iron to 2.5 feet on our last hole to finish with a bird.

4 doubles, 6 bogeys, 7 pars, 1 birdie
    31 putts
    No 3 jags
    Chopperlink | Chopperstats | Chopsticks | #ConfederatetillIdie

2nd round of the CoC and today I was its bitch. The score is not worth writing down save to say I was in fear of raising the bat. Started off with a couple of pars and then struggled the rest of the round. Can't do any worse in the final round tomorrow (famous last words).

Golf is, in part, a game; but only in part. It is also in part a religion, a fever, a vice, a mirage, a frenzy, a fear, an abscess, a joy, a thrill, a pest, a disease, an uplift, a brooding, a melancholy, a dream of yesterday and a hope for tomorrow. - New York Tribune, 1916.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Another monthly medal keenly fought over at NH - not really, hardly anyone bothered to show up because of the rain.. I think about 20 blokes showed up and out of those, 16 were brave/foolhardy enough to play. I was definitely up for it. Second week of qualifying for the President's Cup so I wasn't going to let a bit of dampness get in the way. Started of well in the calm but sodden conditions with two solid pars but soon dropped the ball and ended up scrambling for the rest of the round to remain in contention.

Memorably shots included a ~200m drive off the short par 4 7th with my 19*hybrid off the deck (why, cause it's the only club that goes left and this hole demands a draw or a very short lay up), and GIR-ing on the 9th with a 130m 7 iron out of the shit. Entirely forgettable was the tree-fest on the 390m par 4th where the only saving grace was the 6ft putt for an 8.

Ended the day with an 85 off the stick for 31 points and a 74 nett.

Despite the average result, I ended up being top qualifier for the Pres Cup (explains much about the conditions). Not sure what to take out of that because out of an original field of 20 contenders for 16 spots for the matchplay rounds, only five (including me), ended up qualifying at all!

So, three of us get a bye next week apparently, while the bottom two qualifiers duke it out in the first round and then one further round of matchplay and then the final the week after. Very weird!

I've always wondered how they picked the teams..

Well done HP.
    bio cell+ big stick - fly z+ 3W - b'bertha 4h - srickson 545/745
    46-50 RTX, 56-60 md2 - tank cruiser 38" count balance
    delilah smiley driver and MAGNETIC putter cover
    sun mountain bag C130S - clicgear & knob

Banned

All I can say after today is oh dear...............

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner
    Reaching for my Laser cos I'm a few paces off the green... :)

Played last group of the day and the tee times were 40mins late so we didn't finish a MM round. Positives I hit some really good shots, made a birdie, smoked the 3 wood mini and drank quite a few beers.

Quote Originally Posted by mrbluu View Post
    Played last group of the day and the tee times were 40mins late so we didn't finish a MM round. Positives I hit some really good shots, made a birdie, smoked the 3 wood mini and drank quite a few beers.
    Run out of light or got sick of waiting on every tee/shot?

W.I.T.B

Quote Originally Posted by Hard_Pan View Post
    Another monthly medal keenly fought over at NH - not really, hardly anyone bothered to show up because of the rain.. I think about 20 blokes showed up and out of those, 16 were brave/foolhardy enough to play. I was definitely up for it. Second week of qualifying for the President's Cup so I wasn't going to let a bit of dampness get in the way. Started of well in the calm but sodden conditions with two solid pars but soon dropped the ball and ended up scrambling for the rest of the round to remain in contention.

Memorably shots included a ~200m drive off the short par 4 7th with my 19*hybrid off the deck (why, cause it's the only club that goes left and this hole demands a draw or a very short lay up), and GIR-ing on the 9th with a 130m 7 iron out of the shit. Entirely forgettable was the tree-fest on the 390m par 4th where the only saving grace was the 6ft putt for an 8.

Ended the day with an 85 off the stick for 31 points and a 74 nett.

Despite the average result, I ended up being top qualifier for the Pres Cup (explains much about the conditions). Not sure what to take out of that because out of an original field of 20 contenders for 16 spots for the matchplay rounds, only five (including me), ended up qualifying at all!

So, three of us get a bye next week apparently, while the bottom two qualifiers duke it out in the first round and then one further round of matchplay and then the final the week after. Very weird!
    Nice work H_P.

W.I.T.B

Pretty much a repeat of yesterday. Avoided raising the bat (just) and shanked a chip on the 18th in front of the muppet gallery for good measure.

Golf is, in part, a game; but only in part. It is also in part a religion, a fever, a vice, a mirage, a frenzy, a fear, an abscess, a joy, a thrill, a pest, a disease, an uplift, a brooding, a melancholy, a dream of yesterday and a hope for tomorrow. - New York Tribune, 1916.

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner
    Reaching for my Laser cos I'm a few paces off the green... :)

Quote Originally Posted by HatchmanSS76 View Post
    Run out of light or got sick of waiting on every tee/shot?
    Ran out of light. We played in a group of 5 and still had to wait for the group in front.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by Dcanto View Post
    Pretty much a repeat of yesterday. Avoided raising the bat (just) and shanked a chip on the 18th in front of the muppet gallery for good measure.
    Beautiful work DC gotta keep those muppets happy

Nice job HP. HP for president!

For myself MM in pouring rain and wet greens. Front 9 41 off the stick with 1 x birdie and 2 x 3putts through water. Back 9 52 off the stick complete wreck from 10 onwards. 33 putts all up still an improvement for me.

On 18 drive middle of fairway then hacked my way down fairway(ran out of sand to fill tunnels to China I was digging) into bunker on downslope close to back edge couldn't get it over the front lip and comeback into foot prints. When I eventually got it out I sunk a 15ft curler on the last for an 8 FFS!

Been working on a swing change and every time I think it is bedding in I revert somewhere in between swings which is nowhere

Quote Originally Posted by highballin View Post
    Beautiful work DC gotta keep those muppets happy
    It had to happen in front of Haysey.....

I shot a 104 and finished with a nett 80. Tried a new setup with my driver, seemed to work ok, pulled a couple left, topped a couple, but stripped it on 3,6,9,11,16 and 17.

Thread Information