Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
    Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Default Week commencing 15th of June

Well I got to the course early to give myself time to open buggy safely this morning

Bought a sleeve of Pro v's and put my blue Australia mark on them then started off with a cracking drive on the first par 5 followed by a cracking 3wood next to green. Did I mention an old guy from opposite fairway hit a ball from roughly the same landing zone as mine before I got there. Quick look at my ball without glasses on had blue Mark.

Get to green and ball sitting with blue Mark on top that clearly wasn't mine! Top Flite FFS! Ouch wipe the hole right there.

Then peeled off 7pars in a row until playing partner informed me you've had 7 pars in a row. DB the ninth of course now that I know I had 7 in a row. First 3 putt only 14 putts front 9. 19pts

Back 9 cracking drive on the 10th 1m off fairway get to ball and can only see top half of ball sitting in a divot. Hack it out into trouble 7 a wipe to start the back.

3putt the 11th par 3 for bogey from 30ft. 1pt after 2holes on the back 9. Goal of playing to handicap drifting away.

Bogey the 12th for 2pts then par the next 3 holes to get back on track. Missed a 2ft par for bogey on 17 and lipped a 20ft putt for par on the last. Hallelujah 36pts.

Greens were faster again this week had 28 putts my best by far on my home course. I don't what the stimp is but they as fast as I have ever putted on.

Oh yeah and 5 stitches in finger still there.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Chopped it up again, 82 with 79 nett will have to get some GI irons to play with soon.

Senior Member Major Winner

Think I'm ready to concede I've got the chipping yips after today and that wasn't the only bad thing happening.
    Played like a busted bung hole all day finding different ways to stuff holes up. After finishing the front nine -2 and missing birdie from 6 foot on 10 the worst was yet to come.
    Massive pull off the tee on 11 hitting wood hard spitting out on 12th left 190m in back over the row of pines. Hit a great high fade with 5wood to finish 5m off the green pin high. Spectacular Ashtard moment follows. Blade the chip across the green finishing 5m off. Stub the next 5 foot and the next one 2 foot not making it onto the green twice for the first of what was to be 7 wipes in a row.

The tally of bladed or stubbed chips is now close to a dozen in the last 3 rounds. Have NFI atm when I miss the green. Might be in the market for a chipper if this continues.

@HB, they've made the greens quicker for Pennant tomorrow. After today's train wreak it's a good thing I never made the side this week or it would be another big flogging.
    Last edited by Hatchman; 21st June 2015 at 02:01 AM.
    Hit Them Well or Hit Them Often

W.I.T.B

HB, they've made the greens quicker for Pennant tomorrow.

There friggin quick alright I would like to know what they stimp!

I know your pain hatch, played pretty well and had 8 over with 6 duffed/chunked chips that were all simple straight forward ones and 3 x 3 putts... Oh what could have been if my short game decided to show up
    Last edited by Dangals; 20th June 2015 at 11:12 PM.

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Absolute crap of a day myself. Presidents Trophy Qualifying. Had 14/14. Heaps happy with the striking but was ending up on the wrong side of the fairway for the approach with just about every hole today. 6 times I hit a small outstretched branch
    no thicker than the ball and always shooting off into a really bad lie. Unlike my playing partners who always kick back out into the open. I wonder why I don't buy Lotto tickets?
    Needless to say I finshed about 50 spots back from qualifying.

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

20/06/2015, Wolston Park GC, Matchplay Qualifiers Rd 2.

7/11 effective tee shots, 10/18 effective approaches, 3/5 up and down successes, 1/1 sand saves, 31 putts.
    Score: 38-33-71 nett 65 (Par 35-32-67). Matchplay qualification rounds 73-71=144 (10 over).

I started similar to last week, getting to the 7th tee even with the card. However, I bogeyed the next four holes, which aren't very hard, and felt that my body was fighting against me, and I had lost my swing. I adjusted my stance to be a bit more upright, and I started to hit it great again, and forgot about my body pains.

I actually had a string of 5 threes in a row. I don't think I've done that before, except maybe a par 3 course; three of them were par 3s though. I'm very happy with how I got the round back on track after I thought it was nearly gone. I think my ability to get birdies now gives me confidence that I can quickly improve my scorecard.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyP View Post
    I think 73 should be enough to have me in the qualifying range of top 8 after the first round, but we'll see, as it is also Rd 3 of the club champs. 4th place after the first two rounds of club champs averaged 74.5.
    My 73 last week was good enough to have me 7th after the first round. If I don't get in after a 71 this week, then I will be very disappointed, as I was thinking that 76 might have been good enough pre-round. My two rounds have me wondering how I would have gone if I had played all four weeks of the club champs. I am certainly playing the best that I ever have. In the last six months, I have scored 71 or better four times (out of 8 rounds), when I had only done it twice before (2011 and 2013). My reward is my now lowest handicap of 5.8; a lot lower than I ever could have expected.

Next round: I'm thinking about playing 2B Ambrose next week, to mix it up for some fun; I almost always play single comps. If not, it might be my first match. I'm looking to get to the semis this year, after bowing out in the first match a few years ago.

Well Ferrins has been slagging me separately so thought I should document it.
    Nudgee Single Stab. Off the tips as they are also playing Foursomes champs - it will be interesting to see the DSR.
    75/62 = 45points (with a wipe)
    37/38 (35/36=71)

12 fairways/ 29 putts with 2x 3 jab (if I count them from off the surrounds)
    2 birdies
    11 pars
    1 double
    4 bogies

Stats say it all - hit most fairways (both misses ended up with pars) and wasn't missing the greens by much with the irons - had a few lucky shots but putting was excellent except on 2 holes.

Best round ever in comp. This will probably knock the handicap a bit from current 12.0
    Cheers
    Craig

[<a href=http://i.imgur.com/q7UYKtc.jpg target=_blank><u><font size=2><font color=#0000ff><font size=2><font color=#0000ff>http://i.imgur.com/q7UYKtc.jpg</font></font></font></font></u></a>

WITB
    G30 LS 10.5* Attas5; Cobra Bio Cell+ 3 wood; Adams Proto DHY Super 18*/21*Kurokage; Cally Apex Pro 4-PW Steelfibre 110cw; Sky Dream Jump 51*; TVD 60* and Odyssey Black Series #1

Admin Team Golf Hall of Fame Inductee
    Blog Entries

Nicely done.

spasticrap
    Sim 2 Max / PRGR
    3W 7W 4H - Sim 2 Max
    Miura 57 CBs - ADDI
    Odessey #7

Yeah I second the motion nice work Hux

Well out for only my second round of 18 (normally just do 9) in rubbish weather at The Vines today. Played the Ellenbrook course and end up +29. Didn't quite break the 100 mark which is disappointing given I was only +10 on the first nine and had a massive blowout on the back nine including an 8 on the par 3 17th. Doesnt help when you keep hitting it from bunker to bunker.

Putting was bit average with too many three putts but driving and approach shots generally good up until the last few holes.

EDIT - played same ball entire day which is a minor miracle for me
    Last edited by Wardy101; 21st June 2015 at 10:09 PM.

[/QUOTE]EDIT - played same ball entire day which is a minor miracle for me[/QUOTE]

That used to be how I would gauge my round. A 3,4,5 ball round eventually I started counting how many times I hit it

Still always nice to finish with the same ball you started with

mmm pretty much a riches to rags tale yesterday, played Par.... first 6 holes a mixture of halves, pars and birdies saw me +4 after 6 and square with the card......partner was marking both cards and i wasn't quite sure where i was scoring wise but knew I was playing pretty good for me, so asked how I was going, first big mistake, shouldn't have cared and just kept going. Proceeded to wipe the rest of the front nine, turned +1. Suffice to say I finished -3 with 6+'s, 9-'s and 3 halves. Just lost the plot, couldn't find a fairway and tried to recover big rather than play for the half. Stab tomorrow, getting a few rounds in now so hopefully that will help the concentration.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyP View Post
    My 73 last week was good enough to have me 7th after the first round. If I don't get in after a 71 this week, then I will be very disappointed, as I was thinking that 76 might have been good enough pre-round. My two rounds have me wondering how I would have gone if I had played all four weeks of the club champs. I am certainly playing the best that I ever have. In the last six months, I have scored 71 or better four times (out of 8 rounds), when I had only done it twice before (2011 and 2013). My reward is my now lowest handicap of 5.8; a lot lower than I ever could have expected.

Next round: I'm thinking about playing 2B Ambrose next week, to mix it up for some fun; I almost always play single comps. If not, it might be my first match. I'm looking to get to the semis this year, after bowing out in the first match a few years ago.
    I qualified 4th for the matchplay champs. Woohoo! Look at me go!
    My reward is to play 5th, who also finished 2nd in the overall club champs. Doh! He had three 71s for his first three rounds, but I don't know what his 4th day score was.

We will be playing our match on Sunday morning. Should I change my routine and actually practice?

42 points today, with 4 birdies in the rain
    in the bag
    Cleveland Launcher HB Turbo
    RBZ tour spoon BT8M3 stiff
    HB 910 19deg Matrix O white x stiff
    Wilson staff FGV6 Tour Forged irons
    wedges trusty tour 50; 54; 58
    SC FB no1 or SC red X
    and stuff in the pocketsT7M3 S

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    42 points today, with 4 birdies in the rain
    on fire, must be a mud runner, well done

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

31 points today. With 20 pts round the front. Do the maths.

Was awarded second. The scorekeeper mis read my card as 34pts. Had to return the $15.

Then got called into work on my day off.
    Chopperlink | Chopperstats | Chopsticks | #ConfederatetillIdie

And then posted in the wrong thread.

bio cell+ big stick - fly z+ 3W - b'bertha 4h - srickson 545/745
    46-50 RTX, 56-60 md2 - tank cruiser 38" count balance
    delilah smiley driver and MAGNETIC putter cover
    sun mountain bag C130S - clicgear & knob

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

Haha. Still not my day.
    Chopperlink | Chopperstats | Chopsticks | #ConfederatetillIdie

Net 70 today (stroke round) to win, works monthly medal. Yippee
    in the bag
    Cleveland Launcher HB Turbo
    RBZ tour spoon BT8M3 stiff
    HB 910 19deg Matrix O white x stiff
    Wilson staff FGV6 Tour Forged irons
    wedges trusty tour 50; 54; 58
    SC FB no1 or SC red X
    and stuff in the pocketsT7M3 S

Haha
    bio cell+ big stick - fly z+ 3W - b'bertha 4h - srickson 545/745