Quote Originally Posted by Hatchman View Post
I think it’s safe to throw Renmark Golf Course in here now. Once a jewel of the Riverland courses condition wise it looks like it’s not far from being non existent.
Haven’t been to look myself but hearing all sorts of bad whispers I had the opportunity to talk to som Riverland locals on the weekend.
Course is now a 9 hole composite from those holes that didn’t have all the grass die. Those 9 are in terrible condition too apparently.
The Berri Hotel took over running it for a period of time then got out selling it to others. That’s when things went down hill rapidly. Locally the guy that took over looking after the course is known as the Google Greenkeeper. No qualifications and every thing he does he gets from Google.
It too far gone for anyone to buy it and fix it up. It’s only a matter of time before it’s gone for good as no one locally wants to play it.
I can see the land being future used for a retirement village or housing estate. Most of the membership has moved on now to either Berri or Loxton

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro