Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Senior Member Multiple Major Winner
    Reaching for my Laser cos I'm a few paces off the green... :)

Quote Originally Posted by Scifisicko View Post
    Won our 10th Scratch Pennant on the trot yesterday....had a good night out!

Attachment 35748
    Well done, but why did u have yo say scratch pennant??

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by mrbluu View Post
    Well done, but why did u have yo say scratch pennant??
    Ahh, thats what they call it... (http://www.vicgolfleague.com.au/men_s.html). They also have a Pennant comp where people compete off HCPs (?) If we won that one 10 times in a row people would think we were cheats.
    Nike Vapor Flex Accra Tour Z 85 ST
    TEE E8b 15* Whiteboard 100
    TEE XCG7b 19* Accra XH105 Tour Red
    j36 CB 3-9 SPB
    Scratch 48b SPB
    Vokey 54, 60 C Taper
    Boccieri F3-DF Heavy
    #3 soft bristle Aldi special
    Chromesoft

Ahh, thats what they call it... (http://www.vicgolfleague.com.au/men_s.html). They also have a Pennant comp where people compete off HCPs (?) If we won that one 10 times in a row people would think we were cheats.

Handicap Pennant is not really Pennant. I would understand you saying what division or that you play Major Pennant but not that it's Scratch.

Who cares if ppl think you are cheats in you are not playing handicap pennant.

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

Handicap Pennant is not really Pennant. I would understand you saying what division or that you play Major Pennant but not that it's Scratch.

Ah, yeah it is.

I got rolled in handicap matchplay on the weekend. Had to give 8 shots - made it to the 17th. My opponent would have had 36 points after 17! No wonder I lost...

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

Quote Originally Posted by wbennett View Post
    Ah, yeah it is.

I got rolled in handicap matchplay on the weekend. Had to give 8 shots - made it to the 17th. My opponent would have had 36 points after 17! No wonder I lost...
    Still doesn't make it pennant....

Interesting POV, maybe worth its own thread...is HCP Pennant...Pennant....is HCP Matchplay Matchplay...are HCPs...Golf? Maybe we should all play off the stick? Not the point i was making but im too happy to argue! Ill revisit in a day or two when I am back to my usual grumpy self.

BTW, what is "Major" Pennant?
    j36 CB 3-9 SPB
    Scratch 48b SPB
    Vokey 54, 60 C Taper
    Boccieri F3-DF Heavy
    Chromesoft

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Still doesn't make it pennant....
    Snob!

Interesting POV, maybe worth its own thread...is HCP Pennant...Pennant....is HCP Matchplay Matchplay...are HCPs...Golf? Maybe we should all play off the stick? Not the point i was making but im too happy to argue! Ill revisit in a day or two when I am back to my usual grumpy self.

BTW, what is "Major" Pennant?
    Major Pennant is the best players of your club playing other clubs off the stick.

Handicap Matchplay is still match play.

Handicap pennant is not really pennant as it's full of cheats.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyP View Post
    Snob!
    I probably am....

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Just because NSW calls it Major pennant doesn't make it any better than Scratch pennants?

I'd argue that Scratch pennants makes more sense, assuming one is playing each other off the stick. I think the word "major" is just that, a word.

What Division is your club Scifisicko?

Quote Originally Posted by 3oneday View Post
    Just because NSW calls it Major pennant doesn't make it any better than Scratch pennants?

I'd argue that Scratch pennants makes more sense, assuming one is playing each other off the stick. I think the word "major" is just that, a word.

What Division is your club Scifisicko?
    VGL, Div 1
    j36 CB 3-9 SPB
    Scratch 48b SPB
    Vokey 54, 60 C Taper
    Boccieri F3-DF Heavy
    Chromesoft

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

mmm, no Qld Champs descriptions yet? Hopefully this post will encourage a few to tap their keyboards.

Here is my golfing weekend.

Friday at Maryborough. Great weather. Sunny, no wind, almost too warm. Nice country course in good condition with a few quirky holes that didn't quite fit in with the overall course vibe, but a good test of golf. Play well here and can play well anywhere. I didn't play well until the last three holes, and I was fortunate to be only four down. Then something clicked and a birdie and par on shot holes turned a poor score into a satisfactory 35 points. Not quite a flag, but the good finish left me happy.

Saturday at Bundaberg. Great weather again as above. Again, a nice country course but not quite an interesting as Maryborough. It was set up fairly tough with tucked pins. I started Ok but then hit a purple patch from our 3rd until our 9th. One under for those holes, with two missed birdie putts under 10 feet. The magic 3 hybrid performed like a sand wedge, going exactly where it was told to hit it. This standard couldn't continue so I limped home for 36 points. I was happy with this but not overjoyed. To my surprise this score was 3 shots better than the next Ozgolfer.

Sunday at Coral Cove. A three jack on the easy first wasn't a good sign. Four straight bogies on easy holes told me I just didn't have it, and the rest of the day was a battle. Driving was very good, but nothing else was working. 28 points was the final result. The course itself is fairly typical resort style, and not as good up close as it looked from a distance. I'm glad I played it, but it didn't thrill me (sorry DaveMason). Magnificent view from the 2nd tee, but that was the only time we saw the ocean.
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

Quote Originally Posted by jimandr View Post
    mmm, no Qld Champs descriptions yet? Hopefully this post will encourage a few to tap their keyboards.
    One thing at a time for me. I got the rounds into GameGolf tonight; I'll try for my stats app tomorrow, so my post should follow in the nights after that.

30-31/05/2015, OZgolf Qld Champs at Bundaberg GC / Coral Cove GC, Stableford.

Round 1: 7/13 effective tee shots, 5/18 effective approaches, 1/5 up and down successes, 36 putts.
    Score (B9 1st): 41-45-86 stab 28pts (Par 35-36-71)

It had been 6 weeks since I last played, so I was surprised to be hitting it fairly well and finding greens in the first nine of the first round, which kept the scorecard tidy. I couldn't keep it together though, and my game deteriorated on the back nine, and I didn't hit a single green in reg. I didn't sink a decent length putt all round to make the most opportunities early or save my score late. In the end, it was a few shots more than I would have liked.

Round 2: 7/13 effective tee shots, 5/18 effective approaches, 1/5 up and down successes, 36 putts.
    Score: 37-38-75 (+4) stab 39pts (Par 36-35-71)

I made the most of a shorter course, which allowed me to play a bit more target golf. A few birdies in the first half of the round set me up nicely. After battling with inconsistent driving, I decided to stick with the 3 wood for the back nine, which hit every fairway. I didn't convert for any more birdies, but it helped prevent having a bad score on a hole. The putts dropped a few more times than the Bundy round, although I would have liked a couple more not to lip out.

Overall, I played above expectations for the weekend and hope I can continue the good play for some matchplay qualifers at Wolly Park in a couple of weeks time.

Thread Information