Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
    Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Default Week commencing 13th April

Put the MB 001's in the bag for their first comp run, have been using them for a few weeks now and trusted the yardages. 20 pts front nine with 2 wipes, 22 the back with a couple of dumb dumb shots, 42 pts good enuff for the chockies in B grade. Had a couple of birds but didn't make the most of my double bungers, they were the dumb holes but irons from 150 in were one putt distance and I made a good amount of those. 8 fairways, if only I could get on the short stuff off the tee.......fillet steak for lunch and the red was yummy, great day, interesting to see what this score does to the cap.
    Last edited by AndyP; 20th April 2015 at 10:31 AM. Reason: Date Fix

Senior Member Order of Merit winner

Quote Originally Posted by oldracer View Post
    Put the MB 001's in the bag for their first comp run, have been using them for a few weeks now and trusted the yardages. 20 pts front nine with 2 wipes, 22 the back with a couple of dumb dumb shots, 42 pts good enuff for the chockies in B grade. Had a couple of birds but didn't make the most of my double bungers, they were the dumb holes but irons from 150 in were one putt distance and I made a good amount of those. 8 fairways, if only I could get on the short stuff off the tee.......fillet steak for lunch and the red was yummy, great day, interesting to see what this score does to the cap.
    Solid score with some outstanding sticks there Al, well done.
    Srixon 565 - 10.5 deg stiff Miyazaki
    Srixon 565 - 15 deg stiff Miyazaki
    Srixon H45 - 90gr Stiff Whiteboard
    Fourteen DI w/ SPB Stiff
    Bridgestone J15CB 4-PW SPB's Stiff
    Fourteen MT28 TS Spec 53 & 58 DG Spinner
    Piretti Cortino

GOLF Link

BENCH

Drivers/Fairways/Hybrids

Yamaha v202 9.5* - Tourspec x flex
    Sonartec SS-03
    V Steel 3wd
    V Steel 4wd Attas T3 8x
    Titleist 585h 19*

Irons
    Mizuno MP33 3-P

Putters

Ping Anser, Anser 2, Scottsdale

Wedges
    Cleveland 54
    Fourteen 48

Quote Originally Posted by chappy1970 View Post
    Solid score with some outstanding sticks there Al, well done.
    thanks mate, you're the man!!! they are wow even for an old choppa like me!!! see you soon

Admin Team Golf Hall of Fame Inductee
    Blog Entries

Played the Mug on wednesday as I am bludging on holidays. Had the indignity of slipping into C grade off the black markers to spur me on, shot 83/64.

9 pars, 7 bogies and 2 doubles. Best round in a while. Dropped the handicap a bit, and hopefully I can bring this form to the Leon Day.

spasticrap
    Sim 2 Max / PRGR
    3W 7W 4H - Sim 2 Max
    Miura 57 CBs - ADDI
    Odessey #7

Member Touring Pro (Aust PGA)

Cracker round Pete, however you are supposed to save those day for medals, so everyone can jump on and call you a handicap farmer .
    G/L

Admin Team Golf Hall of Fame Inductee
    Blog Entries

Was mug. Wednesdays medal.

spasticrap
    Sim 2 Max / PRGR
    3W 7W 4H - Sim 2 Max
    Miura 57 CBs - ADDI
    Odessey #7

Quote Originally Posted by oldracer View Post
    come in 5 shots from 3 rounds since Vic Champs, heading in the right direction

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

Two rounds reported, and two good ones. Remember, you are permitted to post bad ones as well, boys.

My round today was almost really good, but not quite. I played well for 37 points, with two missed tap-ins and a few chips that didn't quite bounce as expected.

Still, lots of good shots and not many bad ones adds up to a fairly good score, and a flag round.
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

Played in my first monthly medal today. And the result ........
    Not good 105 giving me 83 net. Always happy to share my good results on hear so I figured I'd mention the crap as well
    Had a blinder on Wednesday arvo and was hoping to Carry this for in. Not all bad though I have always been someone who topped about 30 shots a round and that's gone now. The problem today was the opposite I just kept hitting them fat. Another positive is that when I was connecting I had good direction and length.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Back to earth after my trip to NZ with two very sub standard rounds, flashes of the form I had but usually only for a hole or two.

Played today with stealth and rqrox at Lynwood and had fun but just could get any sort of groove going and a few silly wipes came in with 29 points off 5.

We had the Nike rep at the range with all the new gear and I will admit I was extremely underwhelmed by it all. I did however have a few hits with stealths new cobra fly-z+ with attas combo and damn it is amazingly easy to hit and forgiving as well. Just as easy as the g30 but the face feels nicer. Hit a couple of bombs with it. Plus stealth hit two career drives with it including nearly hitting the 6th green from the tee (measured approx 315m ish). Awesome club.

In an effort to report my shit rounds as well as my good ones - 14/14 for 28 points in a windy, rainy round at Dubbo today. 4 dumb 3 putts out the front accounted for the dropped shots, an awesome 7 on the 13th after a good drive and a wipe the next hole after hitting 2 hazards took care of the back. An awesome 90/79 - great way to debut my 11 handicap.

Good news is I have another 10 rounds to figure out how to play to it before I get any shots back!
    WITB (27/12/2022):Titleist TSR3 10 (Tour AD-DI 7S), Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Tour AD-95R), Mizuno Pro Fli-Hi (Project X U R), Titleist T300 4-P (DG AMT R), TItleist SM8 50.12, 54.8, 58.8 (DG), Scotty Cameron Monoblok 6.5 (35â€, LA Golf Soho)

Senior Member Major Winner

Ardrossan 27 hole Open.
    Day did not get off to the best of starts arriving right on shot gun start tee off time due to little Miss Minister holding up scheduled departure time of 6:30am from home.
    No time to have a few warm up chips and putts to get feel for the scrapes.

Drive on 1st is a dirty slap block. Play great second from 90m in trees to 8 foot and sink putt for birdie.
    Hit another dirty slap block OB on par 5 second. Snap hook the next 2 fairways over, flub chip onto scrape and make a filthy triple. Make birdie on par 3 8th from 6 foot and lip out 2nd putt on the 9th for birdie to close the 9 out 3 over.

Slot drive on hard par 4 10th leaving 190m in with strong into and across left to right wind. Hit a good 2iron but to gets more air than wanting and climbs the wind and gets carried over the road. Make a filthy triple again. Make soft bogeys on the next 2 to drop more shots. Short dogleg right 13th often gives up easy birdies. In any effort to not hit a push or cut the snap hook makes an appearance again. Dead at the base of a tree and no drop and play options 2 club lengths from position a walk back to the tee is considered as a waste water treatment plant is directly behind position. Spot dirt mounds behind treatment plant 30m behind position so go that option as can still reach scrape from there. Take 6iron and catch a bit thin hitting barbed wire then pump shed, now OB. Drop another and take 8iron to make sure ending up with a quad.

Finish the nine par, birdie, par, bogey, birdie for 11 over. 10 over on 3 holes and 11 over for 18 FFS.
    Last nine starts with a dirty slap block 2 fairways over. Put low running recovery on and leave birdie putt 1 inch short in the heart. Birdie the par 5 from 6 foot. Par the next 2 easy then make a duff feast boogey after draining a 20 footer. Sink a slider from 8 foot on the next to save par. Miss birdie from 4 foot on the par 4 7th leaving it half a roll in the heart. Sink a 15 footer on 8 to save par. Put second shot on 9 to 6 foot and miss putt on high side to close out last nine square with card.

My NTP on 8 got beaten by my uncle in the last group by 2 inches.
    Too many penalties all setup by some woeful driving. Can't remember the last time I walked off the course think gee I drove it well today. Have no idea where to try and aim or where it might go atm.
    Hit Them Well or Hit Them Often

W.I.T.B

Gawler Open

Sat 96/84 Sun 96/84 Chop fest all weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by highballin View Post
    Gawler Open

Sat 96/84 Sun 96/84 Chop fest all weekend.
    HB: how was the putting - I had not played for a few weeks and relapsed into yip territory on the weekend.

Hoping for some company on the poor putting wagon.

TC

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

4BBB Par event today in the local Keno champs qualifying.
    I was partnered by Jerry Springer today.

I made 4 +'s in the first 11 holes. He made 4 +'s as well. On the same holes.
    We had 3 jag misses on 10, 13 and 15 after having gettable plus putts.
    A massive storm came through on 14/15 and dropped the temp from 16 degrees to 3 with windchill in about 15 minutes. And I didn't have an umbrella

Finished a +4, winner had plus 7. We didn't deserve to win but had a good time anyway...

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Back to reality today, which is the round that I expected last week after the long break. I was very inconsistent and hit a bunch of bad shots, such as chunks and blades (no shanks). I couldn't sink any putts either; the bastards just wouldn't go in, even though I thought I was rolling them okay. I might blame dew, fuzziness and social groups.....

I got on the bogey train early and I got off it with a double. That triggered a run of good holes, but the resistance was broken with a 67m flubbed pitch which resulted in a minus (par format) from a decent plus chance. Of course, I parred the last two holes (index 1 and 2) to get me back again. I'm just not sure when.

Score: 42-38-80 Par vs SS -6 (Par 35-32-67).
    GameGolf

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

Another below average round for me today. 29 points playing off a daily of 17.

Real mixed bag on the par 3s today. A 45 degree shank off the tee on the first of 4 into a bunker on an adjacent hole (still managed a point!). A birdie with a monster putt on the 2nd. An airy when I missed the green and fluffed a chip. An uneventful 4 on the last of them.

I think the birdie takes my eclectic score for 2015 down to +1. Still can't par 13 and 17 tho.

GameGolf

Quote Originally Posted by thecollective View Post
    HB: how was the putting - I had not played for a few weeks and relapsed into yip territory on the weekend.

Hoping for some company on the poor putting wagon.

TC
    Putting was horrendous on Sat missing hole from 3ft not even close. Not like they were lipping out either. 38putts but was worse than that because I wasn't on in reg very often so a lot of 2putts from not very far as well as 4 x 3putts.
    Today not so bad sank some bombs couple of 3putts 34 in total.

Ordinary day, mainly down to terrible drives again including not making the ladies tee on the 5th which cost me the coffee round 16/11 - 27pts

At least I saw Coalesces airy tho!

Member Touring Pro (Von Nida Tour)

Couldn't find the "Week commencing 13th April" thread so thought I'd post here

Bali:
    Bali National, played bad: 118 off the stick
    New Kuta, played better: 105 off the stick

Aus:
    Howeston Birkdale, played good bogey-golf with 11 bogeys and a par: 97* off the stick
    *actually only one bad hole but that was more due to it being dark (and it being a new hole)
    Callaway X² Hot
    Ping G25 3w
    Ping Anser 20° H
    Ping G15 4-PW
    SCOR V-Sole 4161 45/50/54/58
    Odyssey Versa #7

(Alt+248 = °)

GolfMap | WITB | Handicap

Thread Information